PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any jobs going? (Auckland, near St Johns...or Newmarket)

skidMark
14th February 2008, 01:39
Hey everybody.

I was just wondering if anybody here has any jobs going in thier company.

I am 20 years old.

Preferably i want something working out the back in a warehouse. Picking orders off the shelf and packing and sending the order out the door.

I am currently a disqualified driver, due to many companys needing deliverys and not being able to do this, i am more than happy to accept lower pay because of it.

I get my license back in either June 2008 or the start of 2009 pending further court hearings.

As i say i am willing to accept lower pay due to this.

My current mode of transport is a pushbike, and the bus.

I currently reside in St Johns. (East Auckland)

So i am limited to area such as:

Glen Innes, Panmure, Ellerslie, Greenlane for taking the pushbike.

The only bus route from here goes along remuera road to newmarket and the city.

If anybody has anything going please post here or private message me.

Full time please, bills to pay and all that.

I am a quick learner, know my way around a computer pretty well, and can learn software pretty quickly. As some of you know i can be pretty cheeky on here, but work time is work time, time to pull my head in and get the job done.

Thanks in advance.

Regards: Mark

PS. Can people please not ruin this thread as it is a serious call for help, as my current financial situation is not good. Please respect this.

SixPackBack
14th February 2008, 05:33
As someone who hires and fires Mark let me say that should a prospective employer read your advertisement the first thing they are likely to do is look at your members page [all good so far], however once they have shuffled through less than 1/2 a dozen of your posts they will be wincing in pain.

Good luck Mark. But seriously this is likely to fail. Once again [seriously] I have many contacts that would almost certainly be able to find you work, should you wish to take my offer up please contact me.

bobsmith
14th February 2008, 07:58
Mark check your PM.

mynameis
14th February 2008, 08:19
:corn:

All the best Skiddy

10 char

Finn
14th February 2008, 08:21
As someone who hires and fires Mark let me say that should a prospective employer read your advertisement the first thing they are likely to do is look at your members page [all good so far], however once they have shuffled through less than 1/2 a dozen of your posts they will be wincing in pain.

Fuck, I hope I never have to look for a job.

quallman1234
14th February 2008, 09:17
Congrats on a mature post.

Good luck finding a job mate and good on you for making the extra effort push biking to work.

Str8 Jacket
14th February 2008, 09:17
Good luck Mark! Make sure that you are actively looking on the internet and newspapers as well! It may also help you to go "doorknocking". I know you probably dont like the sound of it but try going into the Warehouse and your local supermarkets to fill out an application form, they all have the kind of jobs that you're looking for and will at least get you a job and some experience until you find something better. Have you got your CV sorted as well?

skidMark
14th February 2008, 13:16
Good luck Mark! Make sure that you are actively looking on the internet and newspapers as well! It may also help you to go "doorknocking". I know you probably dont like the sound of it but try going into the Warehouse and your local supermarkets to fill out an application form, they all have the kind of jobs that you're looking for and will at least get you a job and some experience until you find something better. Have you got your CV sorted as well?

Yeah, i have just scored an interview tommorrow out in penrose.

Onwards.... To the train! :yes:

Ive got a CV but not much to put on it.

Cheers for the PM also bobsmith. I'm just looking into it now.

I will contact you also SPB pending how tommorrows interview goes.

Thanks for keeping the thread clean guys :)

Str8 Jacket
14th February 2008, 13:17
Yeah, i have just scored an interview tommorrow out in penrose.

Awesome! :niceone: where is the interview?

Just a tip but try and get a CV together, You need to make yourself look as motivated and as interesting as you possibly can!! Its all about selling yourself (not for sex though!) and you need to stand out as someone they would want to employ.

Good Luck mate!

jrandom
14th February 2008, 13:24
Good one, Mark!

:niceone:

Go hard bro, we'll see you raking in the hard-earned cash as a respectable ZX-10R-riding member of society in no time, I'm sure.

Curious_AJ
14th February 2008, 13:29
hey skid, hope you get a job soon!!

I know how it is to have no money and no job... it gets hard.. but if you keep on trucking you'll keep on winning ^_^

hope for the best for you!

skidMark
14th February 2008, 19:31
Good one, Mark!

:niceone:

Go hard bro, we'll see you raking in the hard-earned cash as a respectable ZX-10R-riding member of society in no time, I'm sure.

You can't really be a respectable member of society on a ZX10-R....

Well unless your QKKID. :whistle:

Yeah hopefully i can have that new toy in the garage by 2009. :love:

skidMark
14th February 2008, 19:33
Awesome! :niceone: where is the interview?

Just a tip but try and get a CV together, You need to make yourself look as motivated and as interesting as you possibly can!! Its all about selling yourself (not for sex though!) and you need to stand out as someone they would want to employ.

Good Luck mate!

Can't say just yet or one of you buggers might nick it.

Lets just say if i get the job the ZXR will score some braided lines at staff discount. :2thumbsup

Well i can dream haha

Brett
14th February 2008, 21:42
Good luck Mark, sometimes unemployment really sux. Good on ya for getting out there and not just going to WINZ. Hope you find something you enjoy.

westie
14th February 2008, 22:14
I heard people put bags on the side of the road and other people pick them up and get paid for it. Give it a try;)

Animal
15th February 2008, 01:25
How'd the interview go? Success, I hope?

If you become really desperate, there's serious money to be made here in WA - if you're prepared to wind your head in, do as you're told, and put in a hard day's work - every working day.

If you have to balls to rise to the challenge, this could be an excellent opportunity. You'd need to behave responsibly and bank the bulk of your wages, but you could return to NZ in a year or two and buy any bike you want - for cash.

It could be an opportunity for you to empower yourself financially, and have something impressive to add to your CV.

Give it some thought.

skidMark
15th February 2008, 21:21
Just had the job interview today out in penrose, i think it went well, but will know in a week or so.

He seemed to like me so hey fingers crossed!.

$15ph starting rate.

With opportunitys to work my way up through the company.

I'm hoping for the best. Time will tell.

Skid.

cowboyz
15th February 2008, 21:26
i was going to say something but will bite my toungue for now. Does feel a little dejavu....

rudolph
15th February 2008, 21:28
I told you I had a good job for you, why don't you want to do it?

skidMark
15th February 2008, 21:31
I told you I had a good job for you, why don't you want to do it?

Yeah selling scrap metal doesnt allow for much progression bro. lol

rudolph
15th February 2008, 21:42
your welcome to have my old job,

Str8 Jacket
15th February 2008, 21:51
Just had the job interview today out in penrose, i think it went well, but will know in a week or so.

$15ph starting rate.

Skid.

Good luck mate! Let us know...

i was going to say something but will bite my toungue for now. Does feel a little dejavu....

Good. It aint thethread to do it mate. Time and place and all that. Wait till he gets outta Big Brother with his millions....

Yeah selling scrap metal doesnt allow for much progression bro. lol

Bro, for you at the moment ANY job is a job mate! :yes:

Good Luck Mark. I hope things work out for you! :niceone:

skidMark
15th February 2008, 21:54
your welcome to have my old job,

Well, if you would hurry up and actually quit. Then yes, i would be down there like a shot.

Animal
15th February 2008, 22:02

$15ph starting rate.

Skid.

Well done, lad. Fingers are crossed.

Big Dog
15th February 2008, 22:05
It is far easier to get a job when you already have one.

Especially if the on the reference check they say Mark is here on time everyday and works hard 9-5...

You can teach an employee anything except attitude.