PDA

View Full Version : Road quad bike?

Coyote
21st November 2004, 17:30
Has anyone made a race quad bike road legal?

Mongoose
21st November 2004, 18:09

Apart from the obvious "Because I can", why would anyone want to?

tlronny
22nd November 2004, 05:58
To be different I say !
Ive seen a few in Europe where its legal but they look a bit gay with the wing mirrors and blinkers on the fenders though
!1

http://www.roostingthedunes.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=12

Stevo
22nd November 2004, 12:19
Not something that would appeal to me either. Would want a reasonable wheelbase I would think but still would be massive work cornering with the solid diff eh?

cliffy
11th February 2005, 15:55
ooohhh... yeees imagine what a blast that would be :2thumbsup but not too sure how it would handle and what mods would be required but i would probably try it anyway :eek5: imagine all the startled looks youd get nailing it past people on the hills and twisties.

XTC
11th February 2005, 16:00
Wouldn't that almost be a Car!!!

White trash
11th February 2005, 16:17
A member and regular poster on www.southbayriders.com in Sanfransisco has done just that to his Raptor..

However, he had to remove the rear axle and replace it with a swingarm and car wheel and tyre.

It's fucken cool!

Stevo
20th February 2005, 23:25
Having ridden my bike in all sorts of places, it is DAMN HARD to beat the thrill of speedway.
Sheeeeet those concrete walls appear suddenly when drifting wide sometimes, but I always hop off feeling absolutely electrified. Definitely prefer motocross because it is so demanding compared to speedway and esp road or trail. The buzz of speedway makes it a closest second though.

Admittedly the few times my race bike has been on the road, it has not been legal and nor has it had anything other than knobblies

Stevo

quadmse
16th May 2008, 13:15
I have 2 quads that are road legal in NZ but theres a catch... The law ...
There are 3 classes (Unrestricted, service (EA) or Farm (EB)). After a few calls to LTSA you can rule out unrestricted as they didn't finish the compiance side & it's been put in to the same class as utilities. EB allows you to go from a farm to a neighbors farm. EA is the one you can go 3 km from your home (or trailer) in the event of maintaining or servicing the quad. You are always testing something ...right ?? (you can legally ride on beaches too) Both of my quads have plates & rego stickers $60 a year (no WOF needed)