PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been in this situation?

Marmoot
12th August 2003, 22:53
I got an AGV Q3 (worth $800) stolen from my bike in the city about 2.5 years ago. I got compensation from insurance, so that's ok. But I am really angry about how other people can have the heart to steal off others.

Anyway, today I was driving in the motorway into the city from Greenlane. And, lo, a bike in front of me (a red Guzzi) was wearing MY F*&KIN' STOLEN HELMET! (the one and only. Still with the scratches on the chin piece and the faded orange colour). I remember the scratches really sharply because it was done by my friend (who died in the Bush Rd. motorcycle accident).

Here's the catch:
I was driving behind him. He was riding behind a cop car. And there was nothing I could do.....blimmey, I don't even remember his number plate.

I WAS SOOOO P1$$3D!!!!! I WAS SOOOO P1$$3D!!!!! I WAS SOOOO P1$$3D!!!!! I WAS SOOOO P1$$3D!!!!!

Honestly, for a moment there was a pure primal desire to ram his bike and run him over........

Marmoot
12th August 2003, 22:55
But.....I let it go now.
Why? He actually safed me from another ticket. He was slowing right down to 60 in Stanley Street offramp and I had to slow down and that was before I saw the cop merging along from the other route. The rider was using a radar detector.

Well, it evened things out, innit?

Duke of Rogan
13th August 2003, 00:15
you should of tailed the guy then quizzed him about his helmet just to see his reaction. although he probably bought it from the real thief.

its a small world after all...:whistle:

Motu
13th August 2003, 08:06
Yeah,you could of got it back yourself for a cheap price from the Otara flea market if you didn't sleep in sunday morning.I can't imagine a Guzzi owner stealing a helmet,wrong V twin!

fergie
13th August 2003, 08:49
i guess the easiest thing to do in this situation is to put it all down to one of lifes experiences and move on.

i had my helmet stolen a while back, the cops found it after 2 weeks but by then it was spray bombed black and i couldn't bring myself to wear it so had to buy a new one.

of course the insurance company didn't want to know about it

cheers

ferg

Marmoot
13th August 2003, 22:28
No worries. I've moved on.
It's just a grim flashback that I'm ranting about :p

Coldkiwi
14th August 2003, 13:36
yes.. some prick flogged my first helmet.. a nice silver Grex G06 with an iridium visor off my locker at uni. I was rather dark about that.

have to say... I normally take the helmet with me or use the helmet locking hooks on my bike if it stays there... but it is still easy for some dope to scratch it

SPman
14th August 2003, 23:00
Dont use the helmet hooks, especially around Uni. A friend had her helmet stolen of the bike in Alfred St. The prick jumped out of a car, cut the strap and grabbed the helmet - near new AGV. :gob:

Is that stupid or what!

Marmoot
14th August 2003, 23:38
SPMan....your signature is hair-raising. The last one was much nicer