PDA

View Full Version : Medals returned!

janno
16th February 2008, 15:14
Yeehaa!

They've not been sold overseas . . .

They've not been thrown in the sea . . .

Thank God they've been found. I'm not particularly jingoistic or nationalistic, but this particular theft really struck a nerve.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10492853

YellowDog
16th February 2008, 15:19
That is really great news.

IMO - Stealing pride and memories from a nation is as low as you can get.

Beemer
16th February 2008, 15:22
Wow, that is good news. I was up at Waiouru Camp yesterday and we were talking about the medals - knew nothing about their recovery at that stage although I think there was something on the news earlier about police having some significant leads.

Great news, didn't expect them to be recovered so well done to whoever was working on the case.

Steam
16th February 2008, 15:23
Someone claimed the $300,000 apparently.
Dobbed in their "mates" for the reward.
It's good to see a criminal's short-sighted greed benefit the nation for once.

onearmedbandit
16th February 2008, 16:15
Fantastic news.

Jantar
16th February 2008, 16:31
I'm thrilled to hear it too. :2thumbsup

Also it shows that police DO take burglary seriously. 32 cops on the case, $300,000 reward for information leading to the return of the property etc. Well done. :banana:

MVnut
16th February 2008, 16:35
Awesome!!!:woohoo:

onearmedbandit
16th February 2008, 16:44
I'm thrilled to hear it too. :2thumbsup

Also it shows that police DO take burglary seriously. 32 cops on the case, $300,000 reward for information leading to the return of the property etc. Well done. :banana:

This wasn't your average burglary though. And I think the $300,000 was put up by a medal collector in England.

Macktheknife
16th February 2008, 17:25
Very happy to hear of their return, now lets see what happens to the bastards who took them....

Katman
16th February 2008, 17:40
Also it shows that police DO take burglary seriously.

I think I just pissed myself.:laugh:

Katman
16th February 2008, 18:33
And let me get this right - the medals have been returned to the police by someone who is now claiming the reward?????????? Anyone else see something odd about that?

Steam
16th February 2008, 18:35
And let me get this right - the medals have been returned to the police by someone who is now claiming the reward?????????? Anyone else see something odd about that?

The reward carries no guarantee of a lesser sentance or immunity to prosecution, and would presumably be confiscated if they are found to be someone who actually carried out the crime. Otherwise people would be stealing things in order to accept the rewards. At least I hope it would be confiscated.

Conquiztador
16th February 2008, 19:45
Ok guys, lets check who on KB suddenly has $$'s to buy a new bike...

sAsLEX
16th February 2008, 19:49
This wasn't your average burglary though. And I think the $300,000 was put up by a medal collector in England.

I think he may of been using thinly veiled sarcasm........

Will be interesting to see if they ever get the culprits.

99TLS
16th February 2008, 19:50

:psst: looks over the ronga way :blip:

Swoop
16th February 2008, 19:51
One would truly hope that anyone from our community would not be associated with scum like these.

Excellent work to the NZ Police on this case! Well done indeed.

pete376403
16th February 2008, 20:22
More due to the donor of the reward than excellent policing. Hopefully the police will get their chance to shine when they pick up the crims that get dobbed in by the rewardee.

sAsLEX
16th February 2008, 20:28
Hopefully the police will get their chance to shine when they pick up the crims that get dobbed in by the rewardee.

The person who handed in the medals must know who took them. Some simple torture will get it out of them.

Virago
16th February 2008, 20:33
The person who handed in the medals must know who took them. Some simple torture will get it out of them.

Yeah...!

Start with his children. Cut off their fingers and toes, one at a time, with a rusty hacksaw. We'll soon make him talk, the cretinous scumbag...

Jantar
16th February 2008, 20:45
I think he may of been using thinly veiled sarcasm.........

I must be slipping, it wasn't meant to veiled at all. :done:

NC
16th February 2008, 23:24
Someones going to have a sore arse for a while

pete376403
17th February 2008, 01:15
Yeah...!

Start with his children. Cut off their fingers and toes, one at a time, with a rusty hacksaw. We'll soon make him talk, the cretinous scumbag...
Not his children - prolly doesn't care about them anyway. Put his feet in the fire.

skidMark
17th February 2008, 04:15
Someone claimed the $300,000 apparently.
Dobbed in their "mates" for the reward.
It's good to see a criminal's short-sighted greed benefit the nation for once.

Fuck i wouldve dobbed my mates in too

hmmm lemme think....$300,000.....or mates who steal shit....hmmmm

yer i will take the $300,000 to buy a ZX10-R....pay off my debt. then invest the rest to put towards a house later....

ka ching!

spudchucka
17th February 2008, 06:15
The "Third Party" that returned the medals is one of those fine upstanding lawyer types. Chris Comeskey evidently used his "contacts in New Zealand's shadowy criminal underworld" to track the medals thieves down.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10492926

I'm a self confessed cynic when it comes to the honesty & integrity of lawyers that mix with criminals.

sAsLEX
17th February 2008, 07:13
The "Third Party" that returned the medals is one of those fine upstanding lawyer types. Chris Comeskey evidently used his "contacts in New Zealand's shadowy criminal underworld" to track the medals thieves down.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10492926

I'm a self confessed cynic when it comes to the honesty & integrity of lawyers that mix with criminals.

Aiding and abetting a criminal act is a crime is it not?

Criminal-Lawyer privilege....... what a great thing that is ......

skidMark
17th February 2008, 07:15
Aiding and abetting a criminal act is a crime is it not?

Criminal-Lawyer privilege....... what a great thing that is ......

Hang on...if i'm a lawyer i cant get done for say dangerous driving?

or you getting my hopes up.

pete376403
17th February 2008, 21:44
The lawyer no doubt had a fairly hefty commission ("legal fees") deducted from the reward money prior to handover.

Pussy
17th February 2008, 21:51
I'm very happy the medals have been returned. The theft of them was possibly the most direspectful act in the history of this country. Those medals weren't awarded, they were earned

xwhatsit
17th February 2008, 22:25
Hang on...if i'm a lawyer i cant get done for say dangerous driving?

or you getting my hopes up.

That would be due to your own guile and low cunning, rather than any legal immunity.

Swoop
18th February 2008, 20:04
It is interesting to note what this lawyer did as a "profession" before wearing a silly cape and wig...

:Police:

spudchucka
19th February 2008, 05:08
Yes, he was a cop and cops that turn defence lawyers stink of rottenness, (IMHO).