PDA

View Full Version : RACE TRIKES

WICKEDWIDER
22nd November 2004, 07:22
Hi guys I am new to here anyone got any race trikes or normal trikes I will post pic's of mine soon.

:Playnice:

Motu
22nd November 2004, 11:44
Does anyone still make trikes? so I pressume they are early model jobs?
I had a go on some YTZ250s?? a few years ago - they came out of the US when they were sorta banned there.They had Hoosiers on the rear and were set up for dirt track - so I rode one on a dirt track....bloody hell,kinda scary! They were for sale and I was told if I pranged it I had bought it,so was kinda gentle - I know how you are supposed to ride these things...right leg on the seat and head below the bars....but it's a huge leap in faith to do it with a peaky 2 stroke that bogs out because you aren't aggressive enough on the throttle,then the inside wheel comes up and you see youself buying a bike you don't want.One a loose track they would be fun on the cushion.

So,where do you ride a trike these days,and how have you set it up?

Hitcher
22nd November 2004, 11:54
I've seen a couple of TrikeWorks conversions and am a bit underwhelmed. One had a rear differential out of some banjo-axled vehicle modified for chain drive. The chain was rubbing on the diff and "very shiny" on one side. The lack of rear suspension must make these things extremely interesting when ridden hard through corners...

Stevo
22nd November 2004, 23:20
Apparently there is the the odd rider or two still riding trikes. I learnt to ride a three wheeler about the same time as two wheelers and never thought they were that dangerous. UNTIL I hopped on one a couple of years ago having ridden the much more practical quads for so long................. Faaaaaaaarrk me!!!!! Our trike (Super Red 250) used to live on two wheels. Later in life I understood why they stopped production.................

But anyway post ya pix. Be good to be nosey at your toy............ :ride:

Holy Roller
22nd November 2004, 23:46
Used to have one on the farm but it was used more at the beach for fishing.
Horrible thing nearly broke my leg, soon learnt to keep my feet up.

WICKEDWIDER
27th November 2004, 13:10
I ride up in woodhill and on the local farms not many others have them that I have found but hay I like them I have a private beach with our farm it's all good. I have the trike set up for trail riding I am looking for some others to buy but they are like hens teath. These things are not as dangerous as people think a quad is just as bad what people need to remember is that it is how you ride the bike/trike/ or golf cart opps I mean quad.