PDA

View Full Version : Supercross pics (17 February)

oldguy
16th February 2008, 21:53
Had a Great day at the super cross, managed to get a few pics
will put more up later.

McJim
16th February 2008, 21:58
They don't even look mildly irritated let alone super-cross :rofl: Glad you had a good day!

oldguy
16th February 2008, 22:05
couple more......

GR81
16th February 2008, 22:05
i just had ma lil camera there... so not too many pics.

http://www.boosted.co.nz/gallery/v/Motocross+Photos/supercross/

my fav tho! : http://www.boosted.co.nz/gallery/v/Motocross+Photos/supercross/DSC00657+_Large_.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

oldguy
16th February 2008, 22:09
They don't even look mildly irritated let alone super-cross :rofl: Glad you had a good day!
Nice to see you haven't lost your sense of humour

oldguy
16th February 2008, 22:17
i just had ma lil camera there... so not too many pics.

http://www.boosted.co.nz/gallery/v/Motocross+Photos/supercross/

my fav tho! : http://www.boosted.co.nz/gallery/v/Motocross+Photos/supercross/DSC00657+_Large_.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

that little bugger could ride, he like to whip the that bike on the big jump.

off to bed, got Paeroa in the morning will post more up later.

clmintie
16th February 2008, 22:41
Thoroughly enjoyed the day out..... Thanks to who ever listened about the catering, bloody good range of food available.....

clmintie
16th February 2008, 22:44
Good to meet up with a few KB'ers, see you at Paeroa in a couple of hours...:zzzz:

clmintie
16th February 2008, 22:47
My girls liked their first SX, but I'm thinking they aren't too keen to try it...

Bikernereid
16th February 2008, 22:48
Some really brilliant pics on here mate. Look forwards to seeing next batch.

clmintie
16th February 2008, 22:48
Last two........... then ZZZZzzzzzzz

jimmy 2006
17th February 2008, 07:56
did anyone get any pics of the punch up? that was so funny!

Kendog
17th February 2008, 08:08
Great pics guys, well done.

GR81
17th February 2008, 09:43
Thoroughly enjoyed the day out..... Thanks to who ever listened about the catering, bloody good range of food available.....

if you dont mind taking out a mortgage to pay for it. :spanking:
i hate paying in euros! :mad:

scott411
17th February 2008, 12:53
did anyone get any pics of the punch up? that was so funny!

Shayne Rice got photos or the whole lot,

both riders were trailered for the night over that incident,

great night, big Ups to Carl Sorenson and crew for having the balls and the forsight to run put on a event like this,

arj127
17th February 2008, 13:33
Was a great event, track layout was good and looked pretty technical aswell. Hurley road brilliantly, ultra smooth. Heres hoping the supercross will be back next year, i'll be there again for sure. As for the food thing, i just took my own, saves queing up and missing any action.

telliman
17th February 2008, 14:56
Shayne Rice got photos or the whole lot,

both riders were trailered for the night over that incident,

great night, big Ups to Carl Sorenson and crew for having the balls and the forsight to run put on a event like this,

wat caused the coming together anyway?

dammad1
17th February 2008, 15:02
wat caused the coming together anyway?

It was just a racing incident on the first corner nothing major but one guys bike was stuck on top of the others and when he couldn't gett it off the guy on the bottom flipped out and started throwing punches...what a tool! The other guy didn't actually do anything wrong so he shouldn't of been punished.

jimmy 2006
17th February 2008, 15:07
Hey Scott,

so you think they broke even (profit) from the event? there were still a lot of empty seats. I hope it runs again next year....

Teava
17th February 2008, 15:13
Nah not how it happened i was right in front watching, the guy had both bikes
pinning his leg down, the dude standing up was pissed cuz he thought he got taken out on purpose so he kicked the guy right in the gut while he was still pinned by 2 bikes!!! Then the guy was just being an ass and was standing
on the bikes while the guys leg was still stuck, so that dude deserved to get
punched!!

what a fucking tosser!!

telliman
17th February 2008, 15:56
buxeda landed some mean uppercuts under the helmet.

scott411
17th February 2008, 16:11
Travis (the suzuki) was done for the kicking,

Ryan (honda) was done for the retalitation, he had to be pulled off him,

good entertainment but not wanted in sx,

i know both guys, they are good guys, but in the heat of the moment you do stupid things,

i agreed with the decision to boot both of them, both were in the wrong

scott411
17th February 2008, 16:12
Hey Scott,

so you think they broke even (profit) from the event? there were still a lot of empty seats. I hope it runs again next year....

i do not know, i hope so, will keep you updated, we have some ideas for next year to do somestuff better,

Teava
17th February 2008, 16:29
what was the story with scott grabbing tye just before they hit the container jump?? i saw what happened but still dont know why he did it?

scott411
17th February 2008, 16:38
Scotty was stuck in tye back wheel, his knee was juammed between the pipe and rear tyre, it was me that got their to pull it out,

Scotty thought tye was going to try the big jump with him attached, and thats why he grapped him

he did not have a good night, in his 450 qualifier he punched a whole in his cases, wiht oil pissing out luckerly he stalled it, and we noticed it before he left so we could stop him before it seized and hurt him

Teava
17th February 2008, 16:44
yeah i though it was something along those lines, poor guy didnt have much luck after that did he.

snarldom
17th February 2008, 17:06
whats the deal with the races being televised? saw alot of video cameras running around. Hope the youngsters get a showing if it is on telly, haki waller was friggin awesome!

scott411
17th February 2008, 17:08
it will be on tv3, its the same crew that does Suzuki xtreme 4x4 and i think its going to be on about the same time (sunday afternoon)

Teava
17th February 2008, 17:25
Should be some good TV!!

dammad1
17th February 2008, 18:19
Nah not how it happened i was right in front watching, the guy had both bikes
pinning his leg down, the dude standing up was pissed cuz he thought he got taken out on purpose so he kicked the guy right in the gut while he was still pinned by 2 bikes!!! Then the guy was just being an ass and was standing
on the bikes while the guys leg was still stuck, so that dude deserved to get
punched!!

what a fucking tosser!!

Ah I didn't see the first kick, well in that case it was fair enough, he sure new where to aim though at least one clean shot right under the helmet.

Buddy L
17th February 2008, 20:14
Was that you as well scott that almost got run over by the water truck??? fell over while he was backing it up.
was a realy good night shame i had to leave early and head to Pearoa.
Grand stand seats were good i should have gotten their early and had a good wander around the pits

scott411
17th February 2008, 20:22
i do not think that was me, could have been , i was directing the water truck most of the time,

PrincessBandit
17th February 2008, 20:55
I hadn't realised it was on and only got to see some of the action from the lights on the Great South Rd on my way home. For once was happy to be sitting for ages at a red light so I could goggle at the riders in the distance. Must check calendar more frequently so i don't miss going next time.

Blue Velvet
18th February 2008, 09:51
Oarsome pics, especially yours clmintie :2thumbsup

Looks like it was a great day.

Pierce
18th February 2008, 10:45
Haven't seen daryl hurley ride before and holy crap he is the man!!!!!!!! He was a class above every other rider there. Lil Haki could very well be the next Hurley

scott411
18th February 2008, 10:50
i was suprised Burkhart did not have more for Hurley in the Superfinal, he had set the fastest lap times for the day and looked really good early on in that race,

full race results here

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=277977

ricey
18th February 2008, 23:34
Hey I'm a member now:2thumbsup

Teava had it spot on with the little dust up.
I would have done the same, and yes Scott would have to!
But you did the right thing Scott - out they go.

Spoke with Carl, all good he did not loose any coin.
So its on again next year, lets hope its the final round.

Whats also interesting is he is going to have debrief so next year will be even bigger and better!

Here a few quick shots...Cheers

clmintie
19th February 2008, 05:33
Bout time ya joined up, looking forward to seeing some of your work on here.

jimmy 2006
19th February 2008, 06:08
your last shot there is a real minta. :shifty:what i would give for one of those factory KTM's......:shifty:

scott411
19th February 2008, 06:38
come on Ricey, i know when to keep my cool, when a certain junior father jumped the fence to get involved after a first 250f junior race, i asked to to please get back over the fence 3 times, with out even raising my voice,

btw: about fucken time you stopped just playing with the aussies and gerry, and got your ass in here,

cheers for the pics

GR81
19th February 2008, 07:02
nice pics Ricey... you should make a career out of photography ;) haha :cool:

Danger
19th February 2008, 07:45
Anyway guys, I didn't get there but tell me, was the racing exciting or was it pretty much a procession?
Perhaps next year it will be a round of the Australian series which is supposed to have a couple of rounds in NZ I hear. Then we should have the Aussie stars here too.

scott411
19th February 2008, 07:56
the Chad Reed Aussies series starts this year, thier will not be a round here in 08, but more than likely 09,

i hope th NZ series continues to grow, and with at least one round in teh auckland region

ricey
19th February 2008, 08:23
come on Ricey, i know when to keep my cool, when a certain junior father jumped the fence to get involved after a first 250f junior race, i asked to to please get back over the fence 3 times, with out even raising my voice,

btw: about fucken time you stopped just playing with the aussies and gerry, and got your ass in here,

cheers for the pics

Are yes Scotty, but there was a method in your calmness, that just pissed that junior father even more - I saw that.

Ktmboy
19th February 2008, 08:40
Hey I'm a member now:2thumbsup

Teava had it spot on with the little dust up.
I would have done the same, and yes Scott would have to!
But you did the right thing Scott - out they go.

Spoke with Carl, all good he did not loose any coin.
So its on again next year, lets hope its the final round.

Whats also interesting is he is going to have debrief so next year will be even bigger and better!

Here a few quick shots...Cheers

"Who let the dogs out" Woof woof

You realise that you will have to mingle with us trail riders?

jimmy 2006
19th February 2008, 09:00
Anyway guys, I didn't get there but tell me, was the racing exciting or was it pretty much a procession?
Perhaps next year it will be a round of the Australian series which is supposed to have a couple of rounds in NZ I hear. Then we should have the Aussie stars here too.

definately exciting racing, to the point that during the superfinal we were out of our seats, screaming.
also the 85cc racing was fantastic.

the 450's in my opinion were probably the least entertaining apart from TS on the 250 2t, chasing down hurley which was really good to watch, if only it was one more lap in the 2nd race (2nd?) than he might have had a chance to overtake.

cheese
19th February 2008, 11:38
LOL that punch up looks like something from Man love moments on pulp sport.

Buddy L
19th February 2008, 17:11
In your first pic shyne, one must wounder that hitting a helmet with your fist, close or open. "am i realy going to hurt this guy, or am im going to come off secound best"

ricey
19th February 2008, 17:37
In your first pic shyne, one must wounder that hitting a helmet with your fist, close or open. "am i realy going to hurt this guy, or am im going to come off secound best"

No, Ryan used one hand to grab the snout of the helmet while the other gave a mean uppercut into the jaw/throat area.

ricey
19th February 2008, 17:40
Bout time ya joined up, looking forward to seeing some of your work on here.
Hi, thanks, I'll try only I have to give the mags first dibs.

arj127
19th February 2008, 17:53
Yes that is a very cool pic of Blake Gillard there Ricey, i didn't realise his bike was so tricked out actually.
I was suprised by Ryans punch-up, as he is a good guy, i wouldn't like to have been on the end of that uppercut! Can't blame him for wanting to deck the other guy though.

Heres a couple of pics i took of Blake years ago at Ardmore when the 250f KTM's just came out.

Awesome idea to get a round of the Aussie series over here, that should get things going.

ricey
19th February 2008, 18:28
Heres a couple of pics i took of Blake years ago at Ardmore when the 250f KTM's just came out.

That will be the last time you see Blake on orange, he goes Honda (450) as of tomorrow, I have been a massive fan of his for years, he needed to change and a change is good, I expect big things from him this year.

Buddy L
19th February 2008, 20:52
Do you have you own website Ricey with pictures to buy. I recall seeing you taking pictures at summer cross, just going to see if i was in any.

At the supercross i could see you i think? and another person talking about that pefect shot, as one of the planes were landing.
Could almost read your lips "plane-bike, plane-bike, bike-plane, bike jumping plane, bike jumping plane doing a wip"

scott411
19th February 2008, 20:55
ill answer for ricey

www.holeshot.co.nz , great site, great pics,

DrewBroadley
20th February 2008, 11:25
That will be the last time you see Blake on orange, he goes Honda (450) as of tomorrow, I have been a massive fan of his for years, he needed to change and a change is good, I expect big things from him this year.

New colour every year ? :P

scott411
20th February 2008, 11:57
Dave Leary Racing is spending the cash for sure, good to see someone putting that much effort into racing, you wait to you see the transporter!!

oldguy
20th February 2008, 18:36
Just chuck a few more more pics in.

oldguy
20th February 2008, 18:49
Don't mind taking the pics, but hate sorting them and resizing. anyway last lot, too lazy to do anymore

surfchick
20th February 2008, 20:04
Had a Great day at the super cross, managed to get a few pics
will put more up later.

wihoo primo pix oldguy!! ...hmmm those dudes are doing exactly what I've got to figure out how to film...

Buddy L
20th February 2008, 20:32
The guy in the purple has a helmet cam on, and then he crashed.
Didn't have it in the first race ( which he won)
Had it in the secound race and crash hard.
Its a omen

ricey
20th February 2008, 20:35
Its a omen

Thats exactly what I told him before he went out, but he would not listen me.
Evey time someone puts it on they come back with good crash footage!

telliman
20th February 2008, 20:46
Its a omen

thats ethan martins, i heard he had a cast taken off his wrist early so he could race, and ended up rebraking it in that crash. he got smashed up hard at harrisville, punctured lung. good to see him back on the bike.

Buddy L
20th February 2008, 21:14
Thats exactly what I told him before he went out, but he would not listen me.
Evey time someone puts it on they come back with good crash footage!

Happened to me at summercross wearing mine, didn't even make it back to the pits.
Went staight into the ambo.

thats ethan martins, i heard he had a cast taken off his wrist early so he could race, and ended up rebraking it in that crash. he got smashed up hard at harrisville, punctured lung. good to see him back on the bike.

What happened in his first race? couple of guys got caught up in the start gates and they restarted the race.
Then at the end when he won, and they interviewed him. He was bad mouthing people and talking about bad sportmanship.
Sounded to me, like he was a real bad sport. I couldn't believe what he was saying.
Good rider though.
Had tears in his eyes when he rolled past our seats, just wanting to finish the secound race, after the big crash.

scott411
20th February 2008, 21:20
i restarted that race so i will tell you,

Hamish dobbin hit the gate but instead of backing off we kept it pinned and pulled the whole gate forward trapping Cameron Dillan as well, thats why the race was restarted,

Ethan was commenting on the first start,

and thanks for the pics, someone forgot to put gas in the generator, bugger,

ricey
20th February 2008, 21:44
i restarted that race so i will tell you,

Hamish dobbin hit the gate but instead of backing off we kept it pinned and pulled the whole gate forward trapping Cameron Dillan as well, thats why the race was restarted,

Ethan was commenting on the first start,

and thanks for the pics, someone forgot to put gas in the generator, bugger,

I was gutted when the Red Bull balloon broke, finally I could add some decent colour into my shots, even setup test spots so I could move in during race time, consequently I ended up with about 4 shots with bikes and the balloon.

Ethan did not have cast on prior to that event, it was KTM rider Chase Smith, and from what I have been told he has another back on.

It was Brock, Ethans younger brother who had the mean crash at harrissvile - both good riders!

scott411
20th February 2008, 21:48
i was gutted when it broke to, it looked really good and added something to the track,

DrewBroadley
21st February 2008, 08:01
Should I make mention, I wasn't gutted when it broke ? ;)

arj127
21st February 2008, 17:53
I felt sorry for Ethan when he crashed, that guy can ride. I think he may have been leading the points for his class at the time. He also put a lot of effort int the track during the week aswell.

Atomic
5th March 2008, 14:29
No, Ryan used one hand to grab the snout of the helmet while the other gave a mean uppercut into the jaw/throat area.

I can imagine it was a mean uppercut.
I went to school with Ryan and certainly wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of his fist...

ricey
5th March 2008, 20:49
Hey Guys, images are now up from the Auckland Supercross http://www.holeshot.co.nz ...Cheers