PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Screen

manuboy
22nd November 2004, 09:21
Yay. I just installed a Zero Gravity double bubble. Cost $166 + $30 shipping (no complaints about the shipping cost, it arrived in 3 working days), from Australian Motorcycle [something - i can't remember - will edit).

Installation on the SV was very simple, 4 hex screws and two phillips, pull the old screen, insert the new.

First and only issue - fit is generally quite good, apart from the factory screen has a small "lip" round the base on the inside edge. The ZG doesn't which leaves a considerable gap, which i reckon is prone to moisture going in.

The profile itself for this model is relatively upright, with a decent size bubble. The "light" smoke is actually fairly dark, but looks the goods i reckon.

On the road, well, on a very windy ride to the Magpie, i noticed Glens (on the busa in front of me) head getting a bit of buffet, but i was happy as larry. Used my hand to try and define the area of the quiet zone and it's a huge improvement over the factory screen.

Combine it with a nice tinted visor and it's a sexy unit that i reckon is worth the investment.

P.S Have yet to try it with a pillion. I get the feeling she may well be slightly worse off. Oooops!

magnum
22nd November 2004, 12:48
i also have one of these and have found it to be very good,similar price off ebay.a godiva screen wouldve cost about $220-240 for my bike.pays to shop around.........

tlronny
22nd November 2004, 20:13
I got my ZG D/B screen off eBay too and its brilliant for the Gixxer !
Mine was only NZ$120 landed here from ZGoutlet (eBay) and took about a week to get here - Brilliant :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

All I can say is -DONT BUY LOCAL - ITS WAY CHEAPER FROM THE USA AT THE MOMENT !!
:Punk:

Uncle B
22nd November 2004, 21:53
The Ermax screen I fitted to my bike had the same gap....solution I came up with was draft stop that you seal around the windows in a house....foam with a sticky back.

manuboy
22nd November 2004, 22:06
The Ermax screen I fitted to my bike had the same gap....solution I came up with was draft stop that you seal around the windows in a house....foam with a sticky back.

Minds think alike! i was just considering that but wondered if it'd be worth the effort, probably should just to tidy it up and seal the moisture out!

swanman
4th December 2004, 09:29
Yay. I just installed a Zero Gravity double bubble. Cost $166 + $30 shipping (no complaints about the shipping cost, it arrived in 3 working days), from Australian Motorcycle [something - i can't remember - will edit).

Hi, sounds like something I should get. Have you got the name of the company? Thanks

onearmedbandit
4th December 2004, 15:13
Beware the 'clock melting' problems others have got with aftermarket screens. A friends 01 R1 instruments melted because his double bubble sceen concentrated the sunlight on the instrument cluster. Also know of a guy whose SP2 clocks melted after fitting a double bubble. I'm not saying it happens to all, but it does happen.

manuboy
4th December 2004, 17:12
Hi, sounds like something I should get. Have you got the name of the company? Thanks

www.amcmotorcycles.com

Beware the 'clock melting' problems others have got with aftermarket screens. A friends 01 R1 instruments melted because his double bubble sceen concentrated the sunlight on the instrument cluster. Also know of a guy whose SP2 clocks melted after fitting a double bubble. I'm not saying it happens to all, but it does happen.

Yup, see it as a possibility, i usually do my best to find shade for it when i park it up, sun ain't that good for most rubber / plastic bits...