PDA

View Full Version : CDMTCI Manfeild Track Day, 2 March 2008

Beemer
17th February 2008, 09:43
It looks like our guys have neglected to publicise this event but it's coming up in just a few weeks so it may make up for the fact Frosty's track day has been cancelled.

Central Districts Motorcycle Touring Club Inc's 22nd Manfeild annual open day

Sunday 2 March 2008, Manfeild Raceway in Feilding

Just $40 for the day

Novice, medium and fast rides alternating until late afternoon. Sessions for race bikes also available

Sorry no cheques

Sign in and Scrutineering strictly 9am to 9:45am

Bikes presented for scrutineering must be of WOF standard

All glass to be taped. Sorry no sidecars

Bikes must be under 85db to comply with Manfeild regulations

All riders must comply with the following:

Minimum age of 15

Must hold and present a NZ Motorcycle Licence

Minimum gear: Motorcycle Boots, Draggin Jeans, Motorcycle Jacket, Gloves, and Helmet

The club reserves the right to refuse entry and/or to expel any rider who does not comply with event rules on the day.

If you need more information please call Bruce 021-432-672 or Andrew 06-3544-564.

Grub
17th February 2008, 12:33
This club puts on the best trackday by far. It was a great day in January, not sure if I'm available for this one as it conflicts with the first buckets meeting of the year.

cowboyz
17th February 2008, 15:54
quote: Novice, medium and fast rides alternating until late afternoon. Sessions for race bikes also available

so is that 4 sessions as per normal? Is the med session going to be split in 2? CD trackdays are starting to get a bit crowded which is no surprise considering the price.

Beemer
17th February 2008, 21:58
Whether the medium sessions get split into two depends on who turns up on the day. Possibly fast will go in with race to allow for two medium sessions.

Usually this allows for at least four sessions per riding class.

Beemer
24th February 2008, 21:54
Don't forget, this track day is coming up this weekend, 2 March, at Manfeild! First in, first served.

Beemer
26th February 2008, 17:29
Just to clarify, as I've had several PMs about it, we do NOT take prebookings, basically it's up to you to get there in time. We have rarely turned people away (usually only for failing scrutineering, etc) so it's not really a problem.

MD
29th February 2008, 11:36
Forecast is not too hot for this weekend. I also heard that the Mothers something or other track day this Sat. 1st March is a bit of fun..
I'll see if the sun comes out to play before I ride up either day.

GSVR
1st March 2008, 12:06
To anyone thats thinking of coming to this trackday the weather heres looking good for tomorrow.

Beemer
1st March 2008, 13:53
To anyone thats thinking of coming to this trackday the weather heres looking good for tomorrow.

Yes, and we don't appear to be getting the rain forecast for today either. The forecast for tomorrow is for clearing showers, but the day will go ahead regardless of the weather. Hope you all have fun!

robertydog
1st March 2008, 14:00

Cheers for that. Can you guys keep us updated as we have to leave rather early in the morning and it would be a bugger if we got down there to rain.

Clivoris
1st March 2008, 22:44
Bit of rain would do me good. Getting a bit of wet riding experience is on my 10 year plan for F3 domination:first:

bistard
2nd March 2008, 08:57
Bit of rain would do me good. Getting a bit of wet riding experience is on my 10 year plan for F3 domination:first:

Domination aye Clive,you are not at home now young fella!!HaHaha

MD
2nd March 2008, 15:41
Well that was fun as always. Thanks again CDMTC. A bargain at $40.

There was a low turnout from Wgtn riders this time? Which was handy because it meant only one medium group and more track time.

The fast group had just the right number. Plenty of bikes to dice with. Tony's tricolour 1098 got my vote as best looking bike, closely followed by those two red 675 Daytonas. That's my unbiased opinion anyway.

Lunchtime playtime had Frenchy from New Plymouth doing stunts and just as I told some stranger beside me "he must be a professional! that man knows what he's doing". Then BAM ! (like the TV add) he fell off the back doing a deck chair or was that a couch..Ok, it was a high-chair.
Long way to fall to the ground.

Didn't put me off giving it a go though.(normal wheelies, not weird furniture type stuff)

GSVR
2nd March 2008, 15:52
Yeah the luchtime stunting was a fairly quiet affair.

Frenchy did about four or five highchai rs before the ill fated one but not too much damage was sustained.

Great wheelies by MD very steady when the front wheel decided to play ball and lift.

Great day excellent weather.

MD
2nd March 2008, 16:10
Yeah the luchtime stunting was a fairly quiet affair.

Great wheelies by MD very steady when the front wheel decided to play ball and lift.

Thank you.
Yes the Daytona has a stubborn streak in it and seems to decide sometimes that it doesn't want to play wheelie. My 636 was a better wheelie tool and never refused to launch.

cowboyz
2nd March 2008, 16:35
Bit of a blah mood all day. Was looking forward to the trackday but the weather last night was so shite I had already resigned to not riding on the track today. Crawled out of bed at 930am to find the weather gods had decided to be nice to Manawatu today. Bitter sweet as I had already organised other stuff to be done today. Got to Manfield about 11ish. ummed and arred about going on the track. 86 showed up and together we decided that we might.
Watched gsvr on the track for a bit. He looked fantastic. His form was bang on with the SV going round at close on subsonic speeds. The masses sat on the grandstand in awe as the silver streak went past.
(ok gsvr, that is my "spin a pile of shit" limit up for this month.
Did look good out there though.

After more discussion 86 and I decided not to go on the track.

End of the "not a trackday report"

Sparky Bills
2nd March 2008, 17:19
Great day!
Im glad I made the swim up to Bulls on the Saturday night. Nice and sunny the whole day!
So if you didnt come because of the weather... Its time to harden up. You missed out on a good day at the track.

Was the first (and probably last) time at the track for the 954. It was a bit whobbly when leaned over, but sounded awsome down the straights.
The standard suspension was a bit interesting, but you get that.
Did some good wheelies, stayed upright so all up... a fun day! :headbang:

GSVR
2nd March 2008, 17:49
Watched gsvr on the track for a bit. He looked fantastic. His form was bang on with the SV going round at close on subsonic speeds. The masses sat on the grandstand in awe as the silver streak went past.

What can I say Cowboyz I'm there for the fans. Been secretly working on the SV for a long time now and although the standard front end and old model rear shock are bordering on dangerous my great talent as a rider make the bike appear to brake and handle faultlessly.

Actually its all to do with vectors and moments of inertia. I'm just along for the ride.

cowboyz
2nd March 2008, 17:56
hmmm. I should have gone out there. knew I was going to regret not going out.

flame
2nd March 2008, 18:08
Mint wheelies out there MD! and Frenchybum, you was very entertaining as always, but I think you should make your bike chasing stunt a regular part of the show eh.....it got the BEST applause ever!!!!:2thumbsup

robertydog
2nd March 2008, 18:08
hmmm. I should have gone out there. knew I was going to regret not going out.

yup.........

driftn
2nd March 2008, 18:17
What a day i tell you im well fuked now that sun was stinking hot.
Had an awesome time out ther droping dam near 3 seconds of my lap times.
All was going great about to stick it up the inside of a gsxr1000 then my front
break lever fell off FFFAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKK.
That aside wicked day feel sorry to the folks who didnt turn up you missed out big time.

robertydog
2nd March 2008, 18:36
What a day i tell you im well fuked now that sun was stinking hot.
Had an awesome time out ther droping dam near 3 seconds of my lap times.
All was going great about to stick it up the inside of a gsxr1000 then my front
break lever fell off FFFAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKK.
That aside wicked day feel sorry to the folks who didnt turn up you missed out big time.

Yea seen that on the track. I thought bloody hell as it was on my line. So next time i came around i thought yea got it sussed. But some bugger had run it over and moved it somewhere else. What a scream. Was a great day.

driftn
2nd March 2008, 18:41
Im just glad that it didnt happen going into coke or higgins coz that would have hurt ALOT.

slydesigns
2nd March 2008, 19:00
Awesome organisation by Bruce and crew again. Thanks! Shame I had to go play with the kids for the rest of the day but atleast the "wife to be" let me out for one session! Was worth the $40 to have the little CBR400RR play with a monster Black R1 SP during that time. And NO green paint got scrapped! Woohoo. Although I did leave some of the leather from my boot toe on the corner at the end of the front straight.

driftn
2nd March 2008, 19:02
I know its a bit soon but does anybody have any pics.

Drew
2nd March 2008, 19:17

If you're after knee down evidence, you're shit out of luck young fella!

Bring a photographer with you next time, perhaps one that can photoshop your leg out a bit to look like it's on the deck.

Just kidding little bro, you were lookin pretty fast and smooth out there, damn shame the brakes fell apart, I wanted to see if you would take the line advice through splash, wasn't expecting to see you ridin towards the dirt one hand in the air.

et al
4th March 2008, 20:06
Here's one I took of our bikes in the "pits". Those bikes all belong to KiwiBikers: Foz, Gunner, Me, Driftn, Flame. I have one of you (Driftn) sitting behind your bike "contemplating" - can post it/send it to you if you like. Also
Gunner has some video "bikecam" footage which I think you show up in, will let you know when posted on YouTube.

Her_C4
4th March 2008, 23:42

This one you then?

slydesigns
5th March 2008, 21:20
Anyone happen to take a shot of the green TYGA NC29? Same as the one in my avatar. Only got it out on the first round sessions then had to take the kids riding in the dirt the rest of the day.

driftn
6th March 2008, 18:29
This one you then?

Yeah thats me don't want to sound big headed but you got any of the better side of the bike and with knee on said ground.:woohoo:

driftn
6th March 2008, 18:33
Here's one I took of our bikes in the "pits". Those bikes all belong to KiwiBikers: Foz, Gunner, Me, Driftn, Flame. I have one of you (Driftn) sitting behind your bike "contemplating" - can post it/send it to you if you like. Also
Gunner has some video "bikecam" footage which I think you show up in, will let you know when posted on YouTube.

Thats a cool photo i like that photo. Might do the fellow kb folk a favour and not post that one with me behind the bike.:nono:

Her_C4
7th March 2008, 20:26
Who was #12 with the blue and black leathers on the SV 650?:msn-wink:

Beemer
31st December 2008, 20:13
Don't forget guys, our latest track day is just 10 days away - first in, first served!

January 10 2009, be there or come on here and moan about it later!