PDA

View Full Version : How do you ride?

Big Dog
12th August 2003, 23:41
Just really wanted to see if I could produce a poll:o

Duke of Rogan
12th August 2003, 23:54
good idea but you should of made it multi-choice (not just one answer allowed)
I ride to work everyday since I got my bike and try to get out atleast once on the weekend, but havent done any track days or tours yet, but definately plan to!

Dave
13th August 2003, 09:24
Does racing count as weekend rides?

Kwaka-Kid
13th August 2003, 09:40
dont tell me you dont ride on the street dave?

Dave
13th August 2003, 16:09
ahh-no,
Sold my roadbike to go racing,hey now i can do more posting.
I could see myself as one of 'those' people that have 10 bikes and none of them go-ring any bells?

wkid_one
13th August 2003, 18:12
Now - play nice Dave LOL

Even worse - have an RVF400 in the garage and not ride it - let alone race it

bikerboy
13th August 2003, 18:16
Where is the choice - daily commute and weekend rides whenever it isn't raining ! ?:o

wkid_one
13th August 2003, 18:23
How do you ride?

Apparently not well enough for some selected KB members liking

Big Dog
13th August 2003, 20:21
Originally posted by bikerboy
Where is the choice - daily commute and weekend rides whenever it isn't raining ! ?:o
Being from auckers that means you ride every day you just wait for the next season change if its raining (about 10 mins lol:D )
Are you afraid that your italian will melt in the rain?:eek:
Get some good technical gear and you won't even know when its raing other than your visor fogs up.:niceone:

Riding in the rain is good for the soul, it allows you to become one with the bike (as you suck it up through you sphincter at every intersection:eek: :eek: :eek: lol).

Seriously though my bikes would have had a lot more gravel rash over the years without the practice at unplanned slides:gob:

but to each their own I guess.

Big Dog
13th August 2003, 20:27
Originally posted by Duke of Rogan
good idea but you should of made it multi-choice (not just one answer allowed)
I ride to work everyday since I got my bike and try to get out atleast once on the weekend, but havent done any track days or tours yet, but definately plan to!
All of the above was an option, but yeah some one will always feel marginalised:Oops:

Kwaka-Kid
14th August 2003, 00:43
Originally posted by Dave
ahh-no,
Sold my roadbike to go racing,hey now i can do more posting.
I could see myself as one of 'those' people that have 10 bikes and none of them go-ring any bells?

hey yeah thats not nice! :( ur bigger, uglyier, and hairyer then me! so stop hogging the whole sandpit and let little me play too! :( :p

Motu
14th August 2003, 09:19
I just ride on the weekends these days,go away once a year for a few days on the bike.I've done my time as bike only ride every day - years n years n years n years of it,I'd still do it if I had to.

gpercivl
14th August 2003, 10:54
I sold my road bike too, but now thinking about putting my race kitted YZF600R motor into a 3TJ frame and throwing as much road legal stuff on it and pop 270+ down the southern motorway...or I could keep dreaming at the back of the F3 field as present :(

Coldkiwi
14th August 2003, 13:47
Originally posted by Big Dog

Are you afraid that your italian will melt in the rain?:eek:
Get some good technical gear and you won't even know when its raing other than your visor fogs up.:niceone:

how ironic! for the record, BB uses some of the bets techy gear available and having test ridden his shark RS2 helmet and I know that it simply DOESN'T fog up!

getting that duke dirty is a legit greivance i think!

Big Dog
14th August 2003, 22:16
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
how ironic! for the record, BB uses some of the bets techy gear available and having test ridden his shark RS2 helmet and I know that it simply DOESN'T fog up!

getting that duke dirty is a legit greivance i think!
Well hush my mouth (followed by a icon of me being bitch slapped).
What good is a horse if you can't ride it hard and put it away wet?
Hell if I could afford a Duke it would be a problem requiring a crowbar to get me off it! :p

But I guess I only spent 7k on my bike. She scrubs up nice but ain't a pair of horny itallian twins!