PDA

View Full Version : A feeling of achievement...

hXc
18th February 2008, 14:26
Some of you may or may not know, but I'm a musician. I play many instruments and I love music with a passion. More than motorcycling, dare I say it.

Well my music teacher asked me to play in class tomorrow, and me being me, said sure...before thinking of what to play. I didn't really want to play alone, so a friend of mine that I collaborate with to form acoustic duo, Visio, suggested we play. That's all well and good too, except we've had 2 practices together and only have/had 2 songs that weren't quite finished.

Jono being the awesome guy he is, wrote a song in 20 minutes today and brought it 'round to me today. We had a jam and sussed it all out, and now it's complete.

It's really awesome when you write a song that just works in such a short time. An awesome feeling. I'm looking forward to a debut 'gig' tomorrow in music class.

Swoop
18th February 2008, 14:34
Excellent stuff!!

:2thumbsup:wari::wari:

CookMySock
18th February 2008, 14:42
play it LOUD muthah !

DB

ManDownUnder
18th February 2008, 14:56
Onya hXc - I wish I had those talents... go for it man!

hXc
18th February 2008, 14:57
Shall I add that it's 2 acoustic guitars and 2 vocalists. Easy, but catchy stuff.
I'll attempt to record it some time soon, and youtube it.

deanohit
18th February 2008, 15:06
:headbang: Sounds good man! :headbang:
Good luck tomorrow.

hXc
18th February 2008, 15:09
Cheers Deano.

Katman
18th February 2008, 15:13
Shall I add that it's 2 acoustic guitars and 2 vocalists. Easy, but catchy stuff.

Sorry, but Flight of the Conchords have already done it.:msn-wink:

turtleman
18th February 2008, 15:16

Good on ya ! :niceone:
Look forward to hearing it...

hXc
18th February 2008, 15:30
Sorry, but Flight of the Conchords have already done it.:msn-wink:I do hope you're joking with this comment. Do you know how many people have done duo's with 2 guitars and 2 vocals?!
And we're not remotely like FOTC either.

yungatart
18th February 2008, 16:08
I hope that one of the vocal parts is bass....your falsetto is right dodgy!

hXc
18th February 2008, 17:14
I hope that one of the vocal parts is bass....your falsetto is right dodgy!It's not dodgy. It's just that song is way too high for my falsetto.
And it's bassy enough to be comfortable. I suppose you'll hear it sooner or later.

R6_kid
18th February 2008, 17:28
I do hope you're joking with this comment. Do you know how many people have done duo's with 2 guitars and 2 vocals?!
And we're not remotely like FOTC either.

Don't worry bro, you can still have my babies either way....

Looking forward to hearing a recording - best of luck for the per-for-mance in class. Don't be afraid to swipe some of your mums vodka to cool the nerves before hand - it's ok, tell her i told you so :whistle:

:Offtopic: p.s... got your knee down yet dude :Pokey:

Hitcher
18th February 2008, 17:31
I do hope you're joking with this comment. Do you know how many people have done duo's with 2 guitars and 2 vocals?!

Answering this requires more than words... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_%28band%29

hXc
18th February 2008, 17:43
Don't worry bro, you can still have my babies either way....This comment is rather scary. At least I know who wears the pants in your relationships.

Looking forward to hearing a recording - best of luck for the per-for-mance in class. Don't be afraid to swipe some of your mums vodka to cool the nerves before hand - it's ok, tell her i told you so :whistle:A recording shouldn't be too long. Will probably end up doing the 2 or 3 songs we have all at once, once the others are finished. Just have to sort the P.A to borrow, and the video camera.

:Offtopic: p.s... got your knee down yet dude :Pokey:And nope.

kanny
18th February 2008, 20:04
Awesome dude:2thumbsup

hXc
18th February 2008, 20:18
Update: Recording on Wednesday afternoon. Probably be on here on Wednesday evening or Thursday.

hXc
19th February 2008, 15:27
Played in music class today.
It went well, considering we've played it about 5 times really.
There were a couple of minor minor screw ups, but nothing huge and unsettling.

The class thought this:

The lyrics were nice. It's a love song, but it's not too cheesy or gross.
The song itself was nice and relaxing. But not too relaxing. It's fairly upbeat, but it's laid back, not frantic. There is contrast within the song itself, not all just one volume or pace right the way through.
When we made the minor mistakes we smiled or laughed and kept going, didn't stop or slow down or whatever.
Our intro was open, friendly, relaxing. It set the class up for our performance in a similar way to our performance itself. We weren't too formal, but not too casual either.We had a lot of fun doing it, and Mrs Pierard (music teacher) wants us to work on it and come back and play the same song again in 3-4 weeks time. To show the class our progression and work. Mrs P. thought it was a great song, but she said that it's obvious we just need to get a little more familiar with it.

Maha
19th February 2008, 15:32
It's not dodgy. It's just that song is way too high for my falsetto.

Tighter undies Zac?.... Barry Gibb styles bro'.....:2thumbsup

hXc
19th February 2008, 15:36
Tighter undies Zac?.... Barry Gibb styles bro'.....:2thumbsupThis is the song I was referring to mate. I'm surprised any guy can sing that high.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x5VdYqd6CdA

Maha
19th February 2008, 15:46
Have a listen to this Zac... not your kinda sound but this Falsetto voice is primo....Mummy might like it....:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW_GMbGnObI&mode=related&search=

hXc
19th February 2008, 15:51
Nice, nice.
Muse do a great falsetto. I probably couldn't think of their best example though.

yungatart
19th February 2008, 15:59
Tighter undies Zac?.... Barry Gibb styles bro'.....:2thumbsup

Those pretty pink ones you had on the other day should do the trick, MM.
You know, the ones with the lace an' all......

Maha
19th February 2008, 16:05
Those pretty pink ones you had on the other day should do the trick, MM.
You know, the ones with the lace an' all......

Hey! i gave them to your hubby...he hasn't told you yet? :lol:

MSTRS
19th February 2008, 17:11
Hey! i gave them to your hubby...he hasn't told you yet? :lol:

Hey! You said that would be 'our little secret'...men - just can't trust them. I'm going back to being a lesbian.

H00dz
19th February 2008, 18:50
Righteous dude ....."In a world full of Chaos music reminds us where our souls dwell" quote by H00dz:headbang: