PDA

View Full Version : 2008 battle of the buckets TT

dangerous
21st February 2008, 18:34
ok people... its like this, we can get B track on the 7th June, we will shear it with another class... any one keen or shell we leave it for later in the year? but if we do we will be last on the list as all the big wig wanky wanabees get 1st dibs on a date.

i thought about a new thread with a poll but not many BMRC members are here yet.

other than that... people are already asking me about this years BOB meeting late september.
For those that arnt firmiler with the BOB TT its a endurance meet in the morning of round 5 BEARs winter series.
We use the morning of a sheared track as it is the cheapest way we can do our meet. We are a non profit club and costs to enter the race are a bear minium just covering costs.

So give us ya ideas of what you would like to see changed or kept the same, there has been mention of hiring the track with the 150 SS crowd, using Levels etc.

Buddha#81
21st February 2008, 18:42
I'll add to D's thread, the Car Club (track owners) have cut us a deal.....we would usually have to hire the whole track for the day, they will hire us "B" track for just over 1/2 the usual whole track price......we may not get the offer again......feed back appreciated, as you can appreciate if we go for it the wheels have to start turning SOON.

The last two BOB's have been run on a 1/2 day which isn't the best for time on the track etc......this way we will end up with more riding than most will handle. Sunday is round two of the Bears Winter Series....a whole weekend of racing:2thumbsup:banana::lol:

gav
21st February 2008, 19:03
Yip to clarify, BOB would be on SATURDAY the 7th of June, a Bears round is scheduled for the Sunday the 8th if your keen. North Islanders, shortish notice, but what do you think?

Skunk
21st February 2008, 19:10
I'm not clear. What class are we sharing the track with on the 7th June?
Is this the cheap hire date?

Levels is too far for me. Can't get the leave at that time of year.

If it's at Ruapuna any date is fine if it doesn't clash with our rounds. 7th June doesn't clash.

Buddha#81
21st February 2008, 19:16
I'm not clear. What class are we sharing the track with on the 7th June?
Is this the cheap hire date?

Levels is too far for me. Can't get the leave at that time of year.

If it's at Ruapuna any date is fine if it doesn't clash with our rounds. 7th June doesn't clash.

Not sure of class/s possible streetstock. Yes its about 1/2 of what we would usually pay because we would have to hire the whole of the track and run on "B".

dangerous
21st February 2008, 19:32
Sunday is round two of the Bears Winter Series....
where does this info come from? i thought the bears dont even know that yet as the progame isnt made up for next year that soon.

now just spoken to my 2IC... hes keen for a meeting next week, proberly here... so lets get some ideas in :niceone:

Buddha#81
21st February 2008, 19:57
where does this info come from? i thought the bears dont even know that yet as the progame isnt made up for next year that soon.

now just spoken to my 2IC... hes keen for a meeting next week, proberly here... so lets get some ideas in :niceone:

Well it seems that the club secretary has the finger on the pulse......Dates confirmed by the CEO of the car club when discussing booked dates.

diesel pig
21st February 2008, 22:25
Well poke me with stick! Dangerous and Buddla aren't the slack asses I tell everybody they are. I think the saturday meeting would be the go, It would mean we can move the One hour TT to the end of the day instead of mid-morning and still having to race the BEARS meeting that afternoon!
Another class would give the Buckets a gap between races and spend the costs of the meeting.