PDA

View Full Version : RG50 motor and other parts wanted

TZ350
21st February 2008, 20:30
I am building a RG50 bucket and want motor parts and any other interesting bits. I have a complete Kawasaki F81M 250 factory motor X motor in parts to swap or will pay $$'s. Phone 09-620-5586
Honda bouncer

F5 Dave
25th February 2008, 16:27
Heya

Will have to check with Keith up there, he has my spare hotrod RG50 engine but I think he is done borrowing it, if so I guess I could sell it. He'd have first option on it but he was just using it until he had his but he's going in several directions presently. Pity I was talking with him at Manfield yesterday.

Buckets4Me
25th February 2008, 18:46
replying for tz350

yes please if you can find out what is happining with it
and want to sell it for a price i can afford I would be most gratefull

F5 Dave
26th February 2008, 14:52
Sorry dude, Keith has claimed it, I'll keep an eye about for another.

What were you trying to do? Do you have a motor already or just the running gear? Often it is good to start with rebuilt engine than one that is been lying around. I always rebuild mine as a starting point. I think I have std piston which I can't use in stock, but would have to check for bore wear on yours.

Parts aren't that expensive & the RMX50 used the RG engine so should be easy to get parts.

TZ350
28th February 2008, 19:16
My Son Carl has a running RG50 racer and I have a rolling frame and enough parts to build a motor for it. I would be interested in your piston as my motor has a STD barrel. I would like a second motor and any expansion chambers or info I can get so I can build a hotrod motor for my RG50. Any RG50 Bucket bits forks,wheels, clipons, footrests Etc., would be appreciated.

F5 Dave
29th February 2008, 08:59
I'll make a reminder & go look in the weekend to see what I have.

Getting rid of the std seat or even the foam + dropping the forks down & clip ons will help a heap. The tanks rust badly from the inside (esp the bttm corners). Must pull out in tank filter & use external filter. Tap clogs. Can buy inline tap just from one outlet will make easier to get tank off. tank cap needs taking apart & breather felt removed if not already, clogs in the wet.

if too bad just make a small tank (5l will be enough, maybe 6 if doing 2 hr). Can gut out the tank & just use it as a cover. Obviously fill with water & turn upside down if grinding it.

Inlet needs work. Easiest option is mount a spigot from a GP125 as you will know what I'm talking about + the GP carb works well too. This means cutting off the inlet tube & spot welding a plate to bolt it to, then just fill the gaps with Devcon or JB Weld (got some cheap on TM a while back). Don't tilt the carb too much, check with engine in frame as tilts more than on bench.

Grind the hole so it is fairly smooth & consistent in size. Inlets can be widened & lowered. Try 170 deg for a starting point. Run 2 base gaskets & raise the exhaust to say 190 for a start. Then barrel will need to be skimmed to get squish down & head reshaped to get compression right, start with say 14:1 on 98 pumpgas.

Best to not use head gasket & get an o-ring groove machined in head then seal the water jacket with sealant. Saves a lot of pissin around. Careful with removing too much material from head, they need a bit of metal not to warp.

F5 Dave
3rd March 2008, 10:09
Well my wife has taken the cable out of the camera bag so I have a pic of some parts I found, just no way of posting it, maybe tomorrow

But the guts is here's what I could let go:

$40 Piston std bore brand new
$20 Rings (2) only use one. One is brand new, one has had 20 min on the dyno so virtually new
$10 small end bearing in bag new (Replace every year)
$10 std new Head gasket & Base gasket spacer (lifts barrel)
$20 Fibreglass reed One plus enough material to make another. They have a limited life so it should be ok but a new one from the sheet may be better.
$20 Clipons. Pretty ugly but strong, I ran with these for many years. Pretty short but good for a 50.
$30 Machined RG50 head. I ran this for years, ideal shape but best run with Av Gas, although could adjust the squish to cope with preim unleaded.
Maybe whole lot for $120?

Or maybe part xchange, I'm after a couple of 18" chrome rims for my resto T125 project, but after 1.6 & 1.85 with good chrome & not dented.

F5 Dave
4th March 2008, 11:56
pretty the clip ons are not.

Buckets4Me
4th March 2008, 19:02
are you coming up to the bucket gp at mt wellington in aprill ??
if so the answer will be yes

ps dad is in australia at the moment

F5 Dave
5th March 2008, 09:03
GP is now in May (17/18). But yes likely I am coming up. Courier wouldn't be much, would fit in a bag.

Buckets4Me
11th March 2008, 18:18
will buy the bits off you please email me at Madrose@xtra.co.nz

and I also have some 18 rims for you somewhere will arange to ship them down
when i find them 1.85 and i think a 1.6