PDA

View Full Version : F3 race bike hire

FROSTY
22nd February 2008, 11:28
My SV650 is currently sitting in a workshop gathering dust.
It seems a shame to have it go to waste.
I'm thinking it would be a good idea to rent it out on a meeting by meeting-trackday by trackday basis.
Would anybody be interested ?

nodrog
22nd February 2008, 11:47
My SV650 is currently sitting in a workshop gathering dust.
It seems a shame to have it go to waste.
I'm thinking it would be a good idea to rent it out on a meeting by meeting-trackday by trackday basis.
Would anybody be interested ?

it depends on what the terms are regarding any damage?

FROSTY
22nd February 2008, 11:53
easy--you fuck it you fix it

nodrog
22nd February 2008, 11:58
easy--you fuck it you fix it

so it wouldnt be any different to me taking my own bike out? apart from the fact that i dont have to hire my own bike.

getting some sort of insurance, and aplying a bond would make it more apealing.

FROSTY
22nd February 2008, 12:11
cool --hey I'm thinking of people might wanna have a crack at F3 or might not wanna wad their roadie.
Its just an idea Im floating is all --seems a waste it sitting there
Guess the alternative is to sell it I guess

enigma51
22nd February 2008, 12:13
I will give you $2.50 for it and if i could can i pay it off weekly

forkoil
22nd February 2008, 12:17
Chris of Queen St motorcycles is doing a similar thing but in conjunction with his own trackday venture, he is hiring a VFR400 track bike on a per trackday basis. Dont know what his results are with it?

skelstar
22nd February 2008, 12:57
Just do it, you have nothing to lose FROSTY. Just make sure you cover yourself in terms of official 'agreements' etc.

HDTboy
22nd February 2008, 14:07
I could be keen to do the puke round of the Nationals. What tyres are on it? Condition?

robertydog
22nd February 2008, 14:10
Will you deliver to the track?

enigma51
22nd February 2008, 14:18
I could be keen to do the puke round of the Nationals. What tyres are on it? Condition?

get your own bike mate your fast enough to compete in the 600's

skidMark
22nd February 2008, 14:24
I will give you $2.50 for it and if i could can i pay it off weekly

I raise you and offer $3.00

quallman1234
22nd February 2008, 14:34
I reckon it would be quite popular if you some how got insurance for it. Probabaly wont get insurance for Race days' but should do for a track day.

Grub
22nd February 2008, 14:44
It's an appealing idea Frosty. I'd love to do some timed laps on a race bike that was set up well. Not to go crazy-quick-crash but just to settle into a rythm and see what it takes to be smooth and fast.

As you say, one is a tad reluctant to try much on the beloved road bike.

scott411
22nd February 2008, 15:19
what sort of price you loking at??

MSTRS
22nd February 2008, 15:38
It's an appealing idea Frosty. I'd love to do some timed laps on a race bike that was set up well. Not to go crazy-quick-crash but just to settle into a rythm and see what it takes to be smooth and fast.

As you say, one is a tad reluctant to try much on the beloved road bike.

Just make sure you get it with the countersteering setup fitted....

BIGBOSSMAN
22nd February 2008, 21:30
Does it have USD's?

Tony.OK
22nd February 2008, 22:51
Being that its a Suzuki,do ya have to pay for the bits that fall off while its being ridden?:bleh:

Hoon
23rd February 2008, 19:37
Sounds like a great idea Frosty.
It'd be appealing to the new people that don't have a race bike and want to jump straight in without all the hassle of sorting a bike. Damn I'm even tempted to give it a crack just to try an SV.

The fear/expense of crashing is something that all racers (except the sponsored ones) have to bear. If you are poor and can't afford to fix a bike you've crashed then racing is not for you.

Hoon
23rd February 2008, 19:48
In saying that there are different levels of fixing crash damage. My crashes on average come to <$100 each. Bits of fairing might break off and bars, levers,pegs may need repairing/replacing. I'll only fix the necessities and maybe once every 2-3 years I'll replace/repair/repaint the fairings which I'll get a good 5+ crashes out of and Frosty being the good guy he is I'm sure will be very reasonable.

It could get expensive if you were unlucky enough to break forks/rims/frames etc but thats pretty hard to do especially in F3.

Mental Trousers
23rd February 2008, 22:11
I'm actually looking at hiring a bike sometime to do some track days and a little bit of racing on.

CHOPPA
24th February 2008, 21:26
it sounds really interesting... what are some specs on the bike?