PDA

View Full Version : V Twin vs inline 4 on the track?

skidMark
22nd February 2008, 20:06
Whats the advantages of a v twin on the track anyways with the likes of glen willams and FROSTY running SV's.... i figure theres gotta be good reason as opposed to running an inline 4 600.

V twins have more tourque down low but i don't see this as much advantage on the trakc because you would be in the higher revs wouldn't you?

Do they increase in revs faster?

Serious question, i'm not saying ones better than the other but just wondering what the advantages of each are and disadvantages to each other.

Anybody care to enlighten a youth

SM

:stupid:

Nonbeliever
22nd February 2008, 20:15
I think you'll find those 2 won't be competing against 600 il4's in the class they run in.

Sketchy_Racer
22nd February 2008, 20:16
well seen as the V-twins such as frostys bike and Glen Williams one only have to compare to a 450CC inline 4, i'd say that is the reason.

A equal age inline-4 600 will smoke the 650 twins

MVnut
22nd February 2008, 21:22
:lol:Divide the number of cylinders by the number of USD forks, smallest number always wins.............or is it the other way round:lol:

MVnut
22nd February 2008, 21:23
Sorry Skiddy just wanted to be first to bring in the USD scenario:niceone:

gav
22nd February 2008, 22:26
Why bother trying to enlighten you? You never friggen listen any other time .... :(

doc
22nd February 2008, 22:33
Whats the advantages of a v twin on the track anyways with the likes of glen willams and FROSTY running SV's.... i figure theres gotta be good reason as opposed to running an inline 4 600.

V twins have more tourque down low but i don't see this as much advantage on the trakc because you would be in the higher revs wouldn't you?

Serious question, i'm not saying ones better than the other but just wondering what the advantages of each are and disadvantages to each other.

SM

Ferk your at a clinic that is online capeable ?

FROSTY
23rd February 2008, 08:27
Mark--read the rules in the mnz rulebook -www.mnz.co.nz
its all clearly explained in there

Morcs
23rd February 2008, 09:40
A well ridden IL4 400 is far more impressive and rewarding.

But I still say V4's FTW.

Doogle
23rd February 2008, 13:49
It goes without saying that if both machines are being equally well ridden and have equally well set up suspension and tyres that a 600cc 4 cylinder will easily outrun even the fastest 650cc v twin allowed to race legally in New Zealand.
I can't comment on the insane twins in the USA allegedly pumping out 100 hp.
How 650 twin riders are beating 600 four is by simply being conciderably better riders on the day. Case in point being Glen Williams at Greymouth.

owner
23rd February 2008, 21:36

SM

an advantage is you can race in f3 not f2

Guitana
26th February 2008, 18:58
I think at the end of the day the argument of Vtwins Vs Inline fours all comes down to how big your Balls are and how much riding skill the individual has.
If you were at Manfield to watch the superbikes an Aprilia won the Clubman class race whilst a brand new Ducati 1098 was at the middle of the pack obviously a good keen man with a bit of spare change in his pocket and keen to get on the circuit with a top bike!
But at the end of the day Go SUZUKI!!!!!!!!!