PDA

View Full Version : Just in time for the holidays...... Butchered bike!!

Stinkwheeler
24th November 2004, 13:11
And now I announce my triumphant return to KB after a lengthy period of study and exams (bloody things). But just in time for my well earned (honest :innocent: ) period of terrorizing innocent road users with my learnerish antics (yes I STILL have my learners), my bike gets bent.

Rewind to a few weeks before the exams. I was getting rather sick of waiting for the RG to be fixed, so I dragged out an ugly old bike from the corner of the garage; an '81 RD250LC. Shortly afterwards I discovered how much squirt it had, and came back from my first ride on it giggling and feeling slightly off balance. Fast forward to yesterday, and I'm letting a couple of friends (whom I must say have years of experience on bikes) ride it. The first two ride around the park ok, but the third rides off over a grassy hill and bins it.

The result? Front fairing (very hard to fix) almost destroyed, front fairing bracket completely bent (an absolute cunt to fix), front forks bent, handlebars likewise, broken left indicators, one sizeable dent in the instruments (very hard to find replacements) and a dent in the left exhaust caused by the main stand. The lesson learnt? Never, ever, trust your friends.

Due to the excessive cost of registration these days, the other bikes aren't available. But I will have my revenge in bikeless-ism. There's another little Yamaha lurking in the corner of the garage, called TZR250R:not: (AND NO ONE IS GOING NEAR IT!!!!!!!!)

Must go. I'm off to ride my mountain bike...... :rockon:

Motu
24th November 2004, 14:37
TZR250Rs are a crap bike mate,don't even bother yourself with dragging out and trying to start it - give me your address and I'll come down and drag it off to the dump for you,it's the least I can do to help out a fellow biker in trouble.

Motoracer
24th November 2004, 14:44
Lol, your garage sounds a lot like mine. With the TZR250 lurking in the corner, FXR150 being worked on right now and the GSXR600 just sitting there as a race bike to look pretty (only use it like 1ce in a month or 2). The MTB is for commuting and have lots of fun on at no extra costs.

Stinkwheeler
24th November 2004, 17:10
TZR250Rs are a crap bike mate,don't even bother yourself with dragging out and trying to start it - give me your address and I'll come down and drag it off to the dump for you,it's the least I can do to help out a fellow biker in trouble.

:argh: You've done it again, Motu you blasphemous little heathen. What a pointless disillusioned wind up :whocares: . How dare you talk about a rare racing replica like that :angry2:. Crawl back underneath the rock from whence you came, and may the real motorcycling world take pity on your soul (muahaha) :devil2:

See what having no bike does to you? WHERES MY PROZAC!! :calm:

FzerozeroT
25th November 2004, 06:05
No, motu is right, but I'll race him to your gargre to take the TZR "to the dump" :D

Sniper
25th November 2004, 10:31
No, motu is right, but I'll race him to your gargre to take the TZR "to the dump" :D

I wouldnt waste my time, I have no effort to drag the TZR out of a garage and take it to the dump :whistle:

Stinkwheeler
25th November 2004, 11:17
Right, time for my daily rant. I had a rather good one at a Holden fan last night :Pokey: :Offtopic:

I must admit, I havn't ridden the damn thing yet. Since you lot apparently know so much about them (when only a tiny amount were imported to NZ), what the hell is so wrong with them? No one has had the decency to tell me. Too afraid eh? Do I sense the Holden vs Ford syndrome brewing?

You lot wouldn't be the sort of person like the last owner, who absolutely raped it before it came to us? What a butcher :argh: :ar15:. All the fairings were buggered, there was a keyring in place of the choke (genius <_< ), a huge crack in the clutch cover and the genius had put the leaking battery (complete with DIY connections) under the pillion seat! The munter must've tried to ride it like a four stroke (it has the bottom end of a 50cc scooter), crashed it, then said "oh yeah mate wot a crap bike" to cover their insolence. Typical <_< It's quite ironic that you lot keep going on about taking it to the dump when the wreckers have absolutely no parts for it. If it's a wreckers bike, why is that the case?

bungbung
25th November 2004, 13:14
They are desirable, hence the multitude of offers to take it off your hands

Stinkwheeler
25th November 2004, 21:32
HAHAAAAHA HAHA HAHAAAAAA.

That is the lamest "tongue in cheek" I've ever seen.

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAA..............

inlinefour
2nd December 2004, 12:39
And now I announce my triumphant return to KB after a lengthy period of study and exams (bloody things). But just in time for my well earned (honest :innocent: ) period of terrorizing innocent road users with my learnerish antics (yes I STILL have my learners), my bike gets bent.

Rewind to a few weeks before the exams. I was getting rather sick of waiting for the RG to be fixed, so I dragged out an ugly old bike from the corner of the garage; an '81 RD250LC. Shortly afterwards I discovered how much squirt it had, and came back from my first ride on it giggling and feeling slightly off balance. Fast forward to yesterday, and I'm letting a couple of friends (whom I must say have years of experience on bikes) ride it. The first two ride around the park ok, but the third rides off over a grassy hill and bins it.

The result? Front fairing (very hard to fix) almost destroyed, front fairing bracket completely bent (an absolute cunt to fix), front forks bent, handlebars likewise, broken left indicators, one sizeable dent in the instruments (very hard to find replacements) and a dent in the left exhaust caused by the main stand. The lesson learnt? Never, ever, trust your friends.

Due to the excessive cost of registration these days, the other bikes aren't available. But I will have my revenge in bikeless-ism. There's another little Yamaha lurking in the corner of the garage, called TZR250R:not: (AND NO ONE IS GOING NEAR IT!!!!!!!!)

Must go. I'm off to ride my mountain bike...... :rockon:

I had one of the RD250LC 1981, had no fairing at all. Cant call the plastic around the radiator one. Not that it needed it either. The RZ had a part fairing. :2guns: