PDA

View Full Version : New (SEALED) road to ride

FJRider
23rd February 2008, 20:21
Just read in todays Otago Daily, the LAST 10 km's of the "Southern Scenic Route" between Taieri Mouth and Waihola has now been sealed. Official opening is next weekend. An alternitive route south from Dunedin tha avoids Highway 1 for a brief time. I have been over while it was gravel, and offers beaut views over coast and the Taieri plains. A few "Adventure" bikers may moan about this, but it will make a change from the motorway. Anybody been over it lately ???

Mr Triple
23rd February 2008, 20:27
Just read in todays Otago Daily, the LAST 10 km's of the "Southern Scenic Route" between Taieri Mouth has now been sealed. Official opening is next weekend. An alternitive route south from Dunedin tha avoids Highway 1 for a brief time. I have been over while it was gravel, and offers beaut views over coast and the Taieri plains. A few "Adventure" bikers may moan about this, but it will make a change from the motorway. Anybody been over it lately ???

Is that the road that follows the forest along, can't remember the name of the forest:msn-wink:

NighthawkNZ
23rd February 2008, 20:34
Is that the road that follows the forest along, can't remember the name of the forest:msn-wink:

The bit from Taieri Mouth up and over to Waihola

Jantar
23rd February 2008, 20:48
.... A few "Adventure" bikers may moan about this, but it will make a change from the motorway. ...
No moans from the adventure riders. The better adventure road is Taieri Beach Rd. It starts a couple of kms past Taieri Mouth and rejoins the Southern Scenic route 2 kms from Waihola.

FJRider
23rd February 2008, 21:38
No moans from the adventure riders. The better adventure road is Taieri Beach Rd. It starts a couple of kms past Taieri Mouth and rejoins the Southern Scenic route 2 kms from Waihola.

I sit (At the computer ) corrected, I wondered if I would get a bite.