PDA

View Full Version : Rider down. Anybody know any more?

The Tazman
24th February 2008, 16:31
Details released (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1443867&postcount=24)

SITE RULES

Accident resulting in death or serious injury

Please show respect and consideration for the bikers, friends and family involved
Names and details are not to be discussed for 24 hours after the accident unless they are already public (in the media) or are posted by family, close friends or Moderators. When News sites publish details it is guaranteed that family and loved ones have been informed. It is the job of the Police to inform them, not this web site.
Should an accident result in deaths a RIP/Biker Down thread will be started once the names and details are public knowledge (in the media)
Should an accident result in major injuries a Biker Down thread will be started once the names and details are public knowledge (in the media)
A RIP/Biker Down thread is for condolences only; speculation and general discussion about the circumstances should be in a seperate thread

The Pastor
24th February 2008, 16:34
woah, thats serriously not cool.

Number One
24th February 2008, 19:35
Just heard who it was and would like to amend my post.

Heart and mind goes out to you and your lady....get better soon mate....very sorry to hear

What I don't agree with is the arguing that goes on in RIP biker threads and I see that the site rules don't appreciate it either.

Trudes
24th February 2008, 19:38
It's natural to be curious, just in case it's someone you know and you're concerned for their welfare.

fireliv
24th February 2008, 19:52
Found this on the news http://nz.news.yahoo.com/080224/3/45k1.html

Bit shaken being someone that has helped Phoenix out in the past but hope for a fast and Speedy recovery.

MD
24th February 2008, 20:02
Found this on the news http://nz.news.yahoo.com/080224/3/45k1.html

Bit shaken being someone that has helped Phoenix out in the past but hope for a fast and Speedy recovery.

Well atleast now other members worried about mates up and down the country have some idea of the location i.e. we are talking about the Wellington region. That's out in the media.

I came across the accident on my way home today and there were a couple of other KBers already at the summit pondering the shock of what was happening. As always a sobering time.

Terrible news. Best wishes and a quick recovery to the Rider.

Mark

chanceyy
24th February 2008, 20:24
ahhh bugger .. speedy recovery mate .. got my fingers crossed

madmal64
24th February 2008, 20:31
Just came across the thread.
All my very best wishes to the rider & others involved. Hang tough there.
Thinking of ya.

Dafe
24th February 2008, 20:55
Not the news I was wanting to here........

Best wishes fella on a successful recovery.
Strangely enough I'm hoping you'll be very sore for a long time (time is good) and hoping that you'll pull through with no major (or minor) side effects.
Not alot that one can say at times like this, but I'll be thinking of you and hoping all the best for you dude.
Stay strong mate.

Dave.

Fatjim
24th February 2008, 21:05
Lissa has asked me to let you know that Skelstar had a bit of an off today.

He's in Lower Hutt hospital with more than a couple of broken bones.

He's unconcious at the moment but the prognosis is good, much better then when he first got to hospital.

They hope to wake him up tomorrow sometime, although at this stage not sure what his non congical visitaion rights will be. PM Deano, Darkman or myself for the latest on this.

Thanks to those on the scene, especially the Lower Hutt A&E manager who happened to be amongst the first, and without whom the outcome could well have been different.

FJ

BTW, the bikes not too bad.

matthewt
24th February 2008, 21:08
Yeah, good luck to him. I was in A&E at the time and it sounded pretty serious.

Kendog
24th February 2008, 21:10
Hang in there Skel, will come and see you soon.

Best wishes.

The Pastor
24th February 2008, 21:11
*whew* i thought the bike would of been a gonner. (jk)

Its good to hear that hes not as bad as was first reported. I hope he makes a full recovery and the cops don't charge him too harshly (insert tui ad here).

Thoughts are with his family and friends. Just praying for a full recovery.

Pussy
24th February 2008, 21:14
Best wishes, Skelstar, for a speedy recovery. Thinking of you, too, Lissa. Cheers

phoenixgtr
24th February 2008, 21:23
Best wishes Sean. Not what I wanted to hear, but at least you're going to be ok. Get better quick

Ocean1
24th February 2008, 21:27
Ah crap dude... wake up and heal soon.

Fatjim
24th February 2008, 21:31
All I know is that he's got some broken bones. I'm not prepared to discuss his health in detail in a public forum. I'll PM you Q.

The best i can do is that he is in a stable condition and that he is not critical.

I'm sorry if that wasn't clear in the first post, I'm not too good at this sort of stuff.

Zukin
24th February 2008, 21:44
Hi Skelstar

I have been off KB for a few days with some issues in our part of the country, but I hate reading threads like this.
We wish you a speedy and full recovery and we might even see you in hospital tomorrow or Tuesday, as we will be down there
Carissa (my wife) was admitted to hospital on Thursday night with a medical condition and they are transferring her to Welly tomorrow

If you are in the same hospital and are allowed visitors I will sure make and effort to catch up

Chin up

Scott

BiK3RChiK
24th February 2008, 21:45
It's good to have these rules on KB, that way I wouldn't find out my brother has been killed on here, instead I'd be contacted by someone who would break the news sensitively, or at least be there to support me after telling me.

I don't want to be reading KB afraid that every Biker Down thread has the name of my brother.

Yeah, or my husband!

M

Grub
24th February 2008, 21:48
Gutted Sean, thinking of you

Mikkel
24th February 2008, 21:54
Good to hear that he's in a stable condition, the news article sounded worse (critical and all).

Best wishes for a full and uncomplicated recovery skel*!

I hope he makes a full recovery and the cops don't charge him too harshly (insert tui ad here).

Well, he couldn't have been speeding - according to policy speed kills remember... Unless they're going to nail him for crossing the centreline without indicating that is.

deanohit
24th February 2008, 22:05
Good luck Skelstar.

BiK3RChiK
24th February 2008, 22:09
Hope all goes well with the recovery.

M

jrandom
24th February 2008, 22:10
Bugger!

Best of luck, skelstar. Heal up quick!

kiwifruit
24th February 2008, 22:53
Hope you're ok man

onearmedbandit
24th February 2008, 23:21
Get well soon mate.

steveb64
24th February 2008, 23:53
Heal fast and well...

boomer
25th February 2008, 00:25
Be strong and heal fast buddy. Thinking of ya!

Duncan

Big Dog
25th February 2008, 00:46
Good luck rider, best wishes family and others involved.

justsomeguy
25th February 2008, 01:02
Whoa........Sorry to hear about this Skel.

Heal up quick and best of luck getting back to normal life.

This road riding gig sucks. Try and get more track time mate.

Number One
25th February 2008, 05:21
Just heard the news of who it was.....Very sorry to hear!

When I posted that I don't get the attitude of posting these threads as bikers down threads shouldn't be 'entertainment for the masses' I was referring to the argueing back and forth about whether it was the riders fault or not.

Again very sorry to hear it is a friend.
Get better soon Skelster. Lissa - Kia Kaha my dear....been where you are standing and it is tough. I'm sure everyone will be there to support you both so make sure you accept any help you are offered.

FWIW: If Sully or I can be of any assistance please let us know. We will look to pop into hospital to say hi just as soon as they will allow the non relateds in :niceone:

Pex Adams
25th February 2008, 07:02
Thinking of you lots today Sean - Kia Kaha.

Pete

Lissa
25th February 2008, 07:14
Thanks for all the thoughts for sean, he will be stoked, maybe someone could print them out so when he is awake he can read them.

He is still stable, but in an induced coma, thats all I know at the moment until I get to the hospital this morning. Had about an hours sleep, shaking abit still, but its awesome how his friends have come to visit or txt me. Miss his voice. :( Thank you so much fatjim (have already told you but...) I really appreciate everything. I'm just glad he is alive and he will hopefully be ok.... but very sore, esp after me and viki get hold of him.

Will keep you all updated as much as I can. I dont want to post too much, because sean might think I am highjacking his thread. :love:

yungatart
25th February 2008, 07:16
All the best for a speedy recovery, Skel. Our thoughts are with you and your family, and Mel too.

People, if it was your brother, husband, son, best mate or whatever, you should hear through other channels. Posting details like this on an open forum when family and close friends may not be aware is just wrong. Yes, we are all curious and yes, everyone on here is a mate, but there are protocols and ways of doing things, and we have them for a reason....so that we don't find out by logging on to KB.
It is on a "need to know" basis, if you need to know, you will be told.
Mods who change threads like this have my full support.

Pussy
25th February 2008, 07:17
Thanks for the update, Lissa. Stay strong

Deano
25th February 2008, 07:23
All the best for a speedy recovery, Skel. Our thoughts are with you and your family, and Mel too.

People, if it was your brother, husband, son, best mate or whatever, you should hear through other channels. Posting details like this on an open forum when family and close friends may not be aware is just wrong. Yes, we are all curious and yes, everyone on here is a mate, but there are protocols and ways of doing things, and we have them for a reason....so that we don't find out by logging on to KB.

+1

You all have cell phones - use em.

GSVR
25th February 2008, 07:31
Pretty sobering thought to anyone who likes to ride over that hill of what could happen if something goes wrong. It carrys alot of traffic so the chances are probably higher than any place.

Get well Skels.

MyGSXF
25th February 2008, 07:39
Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery Skelstar :yes:

Jen :rockon:

MSTRS
25th February 2008, 07:47
Good news that the prognosis is better than previous hinted at. Get well soon, Sean.
Is it too soon to know what happened? Report says "about 1km from the summit, on the Featherston side"...makes me think of the bluffs that funnel wind very badly for bikers. Been discussed at length in another thread. Having been badly caught there myself, it was my first thought when I read the location.

Pwalo
25th February 2008, 07:55
All the best for a speedy recovery, Skelstar.

Ceratinly had a horrible feeling when I saw the article in the Dom about and Aprilia rider down on the 'Takas'.

Joni
25th February 2008, 08:00
Take care Sean... we can catch up properly when you are up to it.

Glad you are still with us.... I need my almost twin!

:hug:

one-speed
25th February 2008, 08:04
all the best
heal up fast

TerminalAddict
25th February 2008, 08:08
oh no ... get well soon skel*

Swoop
25th February 2008, 08:09
Heal fast Skel. Thought's your way.

Grub
25th February 2008, 08:11
makes me think of the bluffs that funnel wind very badly for bikers..

Me too. You have to have experienced it to realise how strongly it pushes you across the road. Has happened to me twice and was behind Nasty when it happened to her ... on none of those occasions was there a vehicle in the wrong place - thank god.

One of the hard things right now is that there's nothing to do to make it better for Sean, Lissa and Sean's close riding mates ... it just is ... but am thinking about all of you.

sugilite
25th February 2008, 08:22
I'm so sad to read this, heal up really fast Sean.

NZsarge
25th February 2008, 08:35
Hi Skelstar

I have been off KB for a few days with some issues in our part of the country, but I hate reading threads like this.
We wish you a speedy and full recovery and we might even see you in hospital tomorrow or Tuesday, as we will be down there
Carissa (my wife) was admitted to hospital on Thursday night with a medical condition and they are transferring her to Welly tomorrow

If you are in the same hospital and are allowed visitors I will sure make and effort to catch up

Chin up

Scott

All the best to Skelstar, his family and friends, again i'm very glad to hear that it's not quite as serious as first reported.

Sorry to hear about your wife Carissa being in Hospital too, best wishes to her, you and your family.

Riff Raff
25th February 2008, 08:45

Well said. Mods have my full support too.

All the best to Sean for a full recovery. And Mel - take care hun. Probably not much I can do from Auckland, but if there is let me know.

NZsarge
25th February 2008, 08:54

I agree, if one of my riding mates or any mate for that matter was hurt or hospitalized or worse the last place i'd want to find out about it is on a public forum. PM if necessary and the people most effected should be the ones to decide to make such news public when and if they feel it should be so.

+1

You all have cell phones - use em.
Damn straight :niceone:

Thanks for the update, Lissa. Stay strong
Indeed, please let us know of his condition.

007XX
25th February 2008, 08:58
All the best to Skel and his partner...wish I could do something to make them feel better.

Gah...it's such a horrible feeling having people you care about be hurt.

gav
25th February 2008, 09:03
Get well soon, buddy!

nudemetalz
25th February 2008, 09:04
All the best, Skel.
Get better soon !!!

MoFunthanmost
25th February 2008, 09:15
Recover quickly Sean!

koba
25th February 2008, 09:19
Fark mate, you better get better quick aye!
We have all been pretty concernd about you methinks. It is such a relief to hear its not looking as bad as it could have been.

Good luck mate. Here if ya need a hand at all too.

Sully60
25th February 2008, 09:24
Heya Skel
Really gutted to hear the news, I only found out this morning.

At this stage in time I can imagine it's hard to do but just concentrate on getting yourself healed up.

Our thoughts are with you and a speedy recovery!

BarBender
25th February 2008, 09:28
Sad to hear.
Get well mate.

LilSel
25th February 2008, 09:33
Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery :doctor:

James Deuce
25th February 2008, 09:40
Just drop the site politics and concentrate on Sean.

All the best and I'll be in later today.

Give me a call if you need anything Lissa.

Skunk
25th February 2008, 09:45
Hope you have a quick recovery Skel*. Here if you or Mel need anything.

SlowHand
25th February 2008, 09:52
Heal quick and well Sean.

Crank that morphine!

sels1
25th February 2008, 09:53

Wot he said...(Just heard heard the news)

All the best Skel and Mel

Terminated
25th February 2008, 10:04

Wot he said...(Just heard heard the news)

All the best Skel and Mel

And the same from here.

Sean and Melissa, thinking of you today having read the paper this morning and online here.

Regards
Guy

MrMelon
25th February 2008, 10:16
All the best for a speedy recovery bro.

tri boy
25th February 2008, 10:18
+1. Take your time.

SDU
25th February 2008, 10:28
wish you a speedy recovery-Heal well

KS34
25th February 2008, 10:57
Havent Known you long or very well, but all the best for a full and quick recovery. Great you have a good network of girlfriend/friends/family/KBers etc.

Paul in NZ
25th February 2008, 11:13
Well darn - thats bads news for sure - no matter how you get it.

Hope you heal fast and true Sean. Please let us know if we can do anything useful.

Best Regards

Paul n Vicki

matthewt
25th February 2008, 11:25
Hey FatJim,

Was that you doing the strip show in the A&E waiting room :)

Deano
25th February 2008, 11:26
Just got back form the hospital - I wasn't able to see him at that time and they will be running more tests this PM.

Visitation is not allowed between 2 and 4pm, and in any case, you may not be able to see him outside these times today.

Might pay to check in before going down to visit.

Trudes
25th February 2008, 11:39
Sean's parents have asked me to post to ask that people don't go up to the hospital just yet as Sean is still having tests at this stage and we won't be able to go in to see him just yet.
There will be plenty of time for visits, but just now there isn't anything for us to do but keep him in our thoughts. I'm sure it will be posted when visits will be good, but we don't want to fill the tiny waiting room at the moment.
Cheers all. :sunny:
T.

Zoolander
25th February 2008, 11:47
All the best Skelstar, don't know you personally but always enjoy reading your posts. Hope your're back out there soon brother. Take care out there guys.

Dave.

Fatjim
25th February 2008, 11:53
Mel just txt'd and said today is not a good day. He's having another CT scan, I imagine this will be quite tiring for him since he's awake.

So please if you get this in time please hold off till tomoorow any plans to visit.

If anything changes I'll let you guys know.

Canterbury
25th February 2008, 11:58
All the best Sean, heard this morning and am devastated... Get well soon mate - i know how bad hospital food can be..
will pop in and say hi when casual visitors welcome. :)

RnB Fan
25th February 2008, 12:05
Don't know you personally but wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care.

gijoe1313
25th February 2008, 12:12
All the best for a speedy and healthy recovery ...........

RantyDave
25th February 2008, 14:57
I stay off KB for 24 hours and THIS happens???? Better not do it again.

Awwww FUCK. It seems from reading the thread that the best thing I can do is stay out of everyone's hair. Get well soon Skel*

Dave

Crasherfromwayback
25th February 2008, 15:18
Best wishes for a speedy recovery...hospital food sucks.

flame
25th February 2008, 15:54
Was shocked when I heard Sean. I knew you had crashed, but it wasn't till after the racing that Deano gave us the extent of it.

So sorry we were away when this black cloud swept over you. We are right there with you now,all the way! and will do everything and anything to make your recovery as fast and easiest as we can hun.

So you have now joined the Number 86 Prilla crash club huh! xx

elle-f
25th February 2008, 16:07
bloody hell.

fireball
25th February 2008, 16:11
my best wishes for freinds and family...

i myself had the 'theres been an sccident' call this sfternoon

get well skel heal fast and get back on the road eh!

Meekey_Mouse
25th February 2008, 16:18
Aww no, sorry to hear :( wishin you all the best skelstar :hug:

Gassit Girl
25th February 2008, 16:27
Skelstar, I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you. All my best wishes for your recovery. Lissa, good to see from KB that you have plenty of support too. Thinking of you both.
Annie

wilber
25th February 2008, 16:31
Best wishes and to a speedy recovery skels

Robbo
25th February 2008, 16:38
So glad to see that this is not another RIP thread, been too many of those lately. It's also great to see the support and well wishes from the KB fraternity at a time like this, makes me feel proud to be part of this community also.
Best wishes and thoughts to you Skelstar and your family for a full and speedy recovery.

Goblin
25th February 2008, 16:39
Bugga Skels. So sorry for you and your loved ones. Been thinking of you today. Wish you all the best for a full recovery.

Smokin
25th February 2008, 16:42
Hope you have a quick uneventful recovery mate.

riffer
25th February 2008, 18:02
All the best Sean and Lissa, as mentioned in the other thread.

I'll wait a few days before I come to visit - you'll probably appreciate a visit more in a while rather than now.

GWS.

Simon

Hitcher
25th February 2008, 18:24
Can we please try and keep all of this on one thread?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67998

And get well again soon, Sean.

Skunk
25th February 2008, 18:57
Some idiot left me a note on my doorstep saying what had happened to Sean, in a great deal more detail than I wanted to hear
You have got to be kidding!

I for one think the rules are good. Frustrating, but necessary.

I'll be in to see you soon Skel.

madandy
25th February 2008, 19:03
May goodwill and good fortune find you now and aid your recovery.
Best wishes.

Fatjim
25th February 2008, 19:12
Can we please try and keep all of this on one thread?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67998

And get well again soon, Sean.

Not that I have much say, but I'd prefer a thread for well wishes, and one for those who've visited him or have further news. It just helps those you wish to kept up to date.

Trudes
25th February 2008, 19:16
Not that I have much say, but I'd prefer a thread for well wishes, and one for those who've visited him or have further news. It just helps those you wish to kept up to date.

+1 for this, it will also make it easier to print off the pages of well wishing and cheer for Sean to read when he's up to it, without all the hoohaa as well (he can read this at his leisure later and give his opinion, as I'm sure he will have great pleasure in doing!!)

Grub
25th February 2008, 19:28
... but I'd prefer a thread for well wishes, and one for those who've visited him or have further news....

I agree. This is the thread where the initial news was posted and then all the well-wishing carries on. Surely it's the update thread that is getting OT because well-wishing is in there and not here?

Deano
25th February 2008, 19:30
Skel loves a bit of banter - eh mate.:msn-wink:

Trudes
25th February 2008, 19:31
Just as long as it's on topic!!:msn-wink::laugh:

beyond
25th February 2008, 19:34
Just saw this thread....Bugga!

Heal quick Sean and chin up Lissa. Hate news like this about fellow bikers.

:(

Katman
25th February 2008, 19:35
Skel loves a bit of banter - eh mate.:msn-wink:

Don't tempt me.:msn-wink:

But seriously - pleased to hear you're on the mend Skelstar.

Clivoris
25th February 2008, 19:47
D,

IMO it's all good to post asking for details about an incident to be sent to the person directly, but certainly don't mention names. The way for loved ones to find out is not by the internet. There's a reason that the police don't notify the media of names initially, and KB shouldn't be any different.

If something should happen to me on a ride, I want a good friend to tell the misses what has happened. Not some half baked conjecture on KB.

Some idiot left me a note on my doorstep saying what had happened to Sean, in a great deal more detail than I wanted to hear - thankfully I knew more about his 'actual' condition at the time, but if I had found it beforehand, I would have been sick to the stomach, and even now, the contents of the note were inappropriate. How do you know people posting on here will be tactful and accurate ? You don't, hence the need for some rules.

This issue seems to polarise people - certain info should be ok, such as requesting more detail and by direct contact to the requestor (If appropriate), and not on a public forum. But no names or details until the family has been notifed, and all the facts about the person's condition are known.

As for site rules - how many times must it be said this is not a democracy - if you don't like the rules, find another sandpit.

My 2c.

+1.
Shit Skels:nono: Guess you wont be giving the Bears a run for their money up the hillclimb. So glad that this thread is about you coming right. Take your time and do it well mate.

motobob
25th February 2008, 19:56
Hi Sean. Only just heard about your accident. Heal up well mate. My thoughts are with you.

Paul

Lissa
25th February 2008, 20:00
Not sure what to say, if I get too emotional or silly and sean reads this he might tell me off. :love: you babe.

Its been a day or two of what I would describe as a rollercoaster of emotions. We get one report that looks good, then another that isnt. The only thing I can say is I left the hospital tonight on a high, he had opened his eyes, looked at me, slight smile and nod before he drifted off to snooze land again.

Hes not waking as fast as the doctors would like. I think it is really important that if you come to the hospital please dont expect to see him, as his parents/sister and myself are getting very little time as it is with him. We are all in shock, I really dont know where I am at the moment, just miss him so much, and I probably dont make alot of sense at the moment, but I am staying strong for Sean, and just living hour to hour, no expectations just the joy of a squeeze of my hand or a blink of an eye. I dont want to sound over dramatic, as I said Sean would tell me off, but I think he might forgive me this once. :love:

Thanks for all the support guys. Hopefully I can stay at Seans for the rest of the week, and I might need to have some company at some stage.

fireliv
25th February 2008, 20:04
Stay strong lissa. Just know that there are people that are thinking of sean, you and the rest of the family, and that you have many people wanting to lend a hand in anyway possible.

Stay Strong thanks for the update

325rocket
25th February 2008, 20:06
If theres anything i can do let me know.

Steam
25th February 2008, 20:07
I only met Skel once, but I am thinking of you both.

Hugs via the internet.

From Jamie.

Trudes
25th February 2008, 20:10
Hey Mel sweety, you're being so strong, Sean would be very proud of you. Just remember to take care of yourself too and we're all here to help you, please don't be afraid to ask.
:love: and :hug: to you hunny.

Bullitt
25th February 2008, 20:12
First I heard of this was workmates mentioned the accident at work today but didnt know any details other than it was an Aprilia. Was hoping it wasnt Skel.

Hope you get better soon

chanceyy
25th February 2008, 20:13
ahh Lissa Girl :hug: for you honey ..

that rollercoaster is a bugger .. but every hour & every day will see the improvements .. just make sure you ask if you require anything ..

just look after yourself as well babe

u4ea
25th February 2008, 20:13
heal up well Skelstar..hang in there Lissa.. sending thoughts to you both..

koba
25th February 2008, 20:14
Hey Mel sweety, you're being so strong, Sean would be very proud of you. Just remember to take care of yourself too and we're all here to help you, please don't be afraid to ask.
:love: and :hug: to you hunny.

:yes:

Weaver
Hope you get well soon Sean. My thoughts are with you and Mel.

Lissa
Everyone including Sean thinks I am strong, but I am not really, this is breaking my heart I cant stand it. Sleep deprevation doesnt help I suppose.

Tomorrow is a new day.... I have high hopes.

Sorry Sean, being over emotional again. :love:

Joni
25th February 2008, 20:16
Sorry Sean, being over emotional again. :love:Does not matter babe... you are allowed to!

We will back you every step of the way, in your moments of tears and your moments of hope and joy! :hug:

Thats what friends do!

The Tazman
25th February 2008, 20:21
Not sure what to say, if I get too emotional or silly and sean reads this he might tell me off. :love: you babe.

Its been a day or two of what I would describe as a rollercoaster of emotions. We get one report that looks good, then another that isnt. The only thing I can say is I left the hospital tonight on a high, he had opened his eyes, looked at me, slight smile and nod before he drifted off to snooze land again.

Hes not waking as fast as the doctors would like. I think it is really important that if you come to the hospital please dont expect to see him, as his parents/sister and myself are getting very little time as it is with him. We are all in shock, I really dont know where I am at the moment, just miss him so much, and I probably dont make alot of sense at the moment, but I am staying strong for Sean, and just living hour to hour, no expectations just the joy of a squeeze of my hand or a blink of an eye. I dont want to sound over dramatic, as I said Sean would tell me off, but I think he might forgive me this once. :love:

Thanks for all the support guys. Hopefully I can stay at Seans for the rest of the week, and I might need to have some company at some stage.

Sean would be VERY Proud of you Mel. I think you have been amazing. :yes:

I am off during the day Tue and Wed and it's my last night Wed at work till I start next Monday at new job. I am only 5 mins from Sean's place so if you need anything at all, a lift, someone to talk to, anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me. You have access to all my details on here.

Really glad to hear he opened his eyes for you and gave you a nod :D

Try to get what rest you can and please try to eat something even if it's little bits here and there.

Taz :hug:

Okey Dokey
25th February 2008, 20:36
Skel, I wish you a full and speedy recovery. Lissa, my thought are with you both now. I've had my man in hospital after a motorbike crash, too. I really feel for the situation you are in. Take care of yourself, honey.

Lissa
25th February 2008, 20:52
Ok, Battery is flat on cellphone, found a charger so its charging at the moment. I feel I should be at Seans so if Andries doesnt mind (I dont have his contact number so if someone could tell Darkman/Andries) I would like to stay and sleep in Seans room for the next week. That way (if Andries doesnt mind) you guys know where I am, and can pop by etc. Its closer to the hospital and I would like to be near his/my friends. So If someone can tell Andries that would be cool. I cant be bothered txting, I'm too slow at it, and need to get sleep.

Trudes
25th February 2008, 20:56
Ok, Battery is flat on cellphone, found a charger so its charging at the moment. I feel I should be at Seans so if Andries doesnt mind (I dont have his contact number so if someone could tell Darkman/Andries) I would like to stay and sleep in Seans room for the next week. That way (if Andries doesnt mind) you guys know where I am, and can pop by etc. Its closer to the hospital and I would like to be near his/my friends. So If someone can tell Andries that would be cool. I cant be bothered txting, I'm too slow at it, and need to get sleep.

Just text him for you chick, but not sure if he's changed his number in the last six months, will pm ya if I hear back from him.

Edit: Done.

limbimtimwim
25th February 2008, 21:44
Hey Sean, I knew you didn't like Australian cars, but that is ridiculous.

I did that write up in the 4th person just like you told me to, it was terrible.

I thought about you all day buddy, heal up and I'll see you soon.

Kinje
26th February 2008, 11:17
Just back on interweb today, but been thinking of you and Mel the last couple of days after I heard. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to full health asap.

Mel, give me a buzz if you want some company. Can pop out for a bit and say hi. Stay strong girl, see ya :hug:

jeff
26th February 2008, 19:24
Hi there

We stopped to assist last Sunday at the accident involving the Aprillia on the Featherston side of the hill about 11am.

Does anyone know how the rider is? He was listed as critical.

We hope he is on the mend and our thoughts are with him and his family.

Jeff and Chrissie

James Deuce
26th February 2008, 19:34
This thread here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67998&page=6 is the updates thread for Sean.

Good job stopping to help Jeff.

Hawkeye
26th February 2008, 19:42
Shit - Haven't been on here for a while and just came across this thread. Sorry to hear about Sean. Chin up Lissa. My thoughts are with Sean, his family and you. Take care of yourself Lissa. He will need you when he is on the mend.

Kenny

jeff
26th February 2008, 19:42
Hi Jim 2

Sorry, getting a bit confused here. Skelstar and Sean are one and the same. He was looking a tad the worse for wear when we saw him last!

We were told there was another accident at the start of the passing lanes before Muldoon's corner earlier in the day and a motorcyclist was airlifted out. There was certainly bits of plastic all over the road there when we went through about 9.30am.

Anyone know anything about this?

Jeff and Chrissie

Madness
26th February 2008, 20:48
Really sorry to hear the news.

I slept in on sunday and played on the Taka's in the afternoon. I had no idea.

Thoughts are with you Sean, and Mel.

You might end up with some titanium bling?!?. Keep positive.