PDA

View Full Version : 200k off carbon fibre MV Tamburini

dangerous
24th February 2008, 20:05
Well.... fark me, how awesome is the MV Augusta Tamburini... farking awesome, now I dont like my 4 cyl engines hell they belong in cars right? but I love the F4. Ok so maybe its a Itialian thing but hey let me tell you about my ride on this $200k bike.

Reaching for the key and I notice the badge with the bike number and the owners name ingraved by the factory, turn the key and the ecu checks itself out the speedo reads 320kph the tacho... cant remember but it was around 17g hit the starter and theres a very unusual sound from the induction kinda rough but sweet the note out the pipe is horse and loud.

The Tamburini is an all near carbon fibre bike with engine mods like the torque shift system which gives amazing grunt down low, to the point where I thought i was high up in the revs yet I was only at 5g out of 13g the power was massive I never got he chance to wind it out due to the heavy winds but this bike was like no other 1000cc 4cl I have ridden.

The bike is so well finished from its suede seat to immaculate paint finish over carbon fibre.
The 1st thing I noticed on riding off was the horendous sound from the induction it soon overwelmed the exhaust note and was like nothing I have heard before, I swear it was a twin down low transforming into a high reving 4 the seat was hard but that soon become a non issue as the bike is so easy to hang off and fall into one with.

Well what more can I say I was stoked to have been offered the ride see here http://www.mvagusta.it/_vti_g2_mod3a.aspx?IdMod=3&rpstry=27_ for details on the bike in the mean time heres a few pics.

Big thanks to the KBer for the ride... what else ya got for me :Punk:

PS: did i say this bike has 22 carrot gold hex bolts on it

added due to questions later in the thread
ok... here ya are this isn't a standard Tamburini, they dont come with gold bolts...

New was about $110, carbon Dymag wheels $6, titanium full race system $12, race engine(220hp at the wheel) that'll make it about $200. Oh and the carbon tank which is the only body part that is not c/f from the factory. If you wanted to buy the torque shift system alone would cost 50k.

McJim
24th February 2008, 20:14
Well I was going to let you try my $6K Italian bike but somehow I don't think I'll bother eh? :rofl:

dino3310
24th February 2008, 20:17
fuck 200k dam thats a lot, i'm still dreaming of an 8k DR.
That MV would be a dream alright theres just something speical about those wog bikes.

AllanB
24th February 2008, 20:21
$200K - you are kidding??????

I am glad it is being ridden. I'm thinking we should get together (for motorcycle rides ya perverts) as you appear to be a good chap to know with friend like that :cool:

Only one thing bothers me (apart from the apparent need for a small step ladder).

WTF - everyone knows how heavy gold is!

doc
24th February 2008, 20:22
:bleh:Yep them pushrod things are so yesterday. Ask Rashika she is considering jumping over to a bit of technology. With the dollar so high should get a good offer for that gozzie thing, weights quite a bit, scrap prices like they are. Should do well , Good luck.:bleh:

chanceyy
24th February 2008, 20:25
:niceone: D .. :gob:

sAsLEX
24th February 2008, 20:25

What a pain in the arse, gold that high in carrot will be extremely soft!

dangerous
24th February 2008, 20:30

just checking that out I may have mistaken it for on of his other MV's like the one Carl Fogerty ride and signed.

What a pain in the arse, gold that high in carrot will be extremely soft!
no specialy hardened shit

Goblin
24th February 2008, 20:35
You lucky lucky cunt!!! The SENNA was something else to ride but the Tamburini would be something else again!

Onya MVnut for sharing the joy!:2thumbsup

McJim
24th February 2008, 20:38
fuck 200k dam thats a lot, i'm still dreaming of an 8k DR.
That MV would be a dream alright theres just something speical about those wog bikes.

Wog = Western Oriental Gentleman...i.e. a person with black or very dark brown skin (African, Arabic or Indian) derogatory rascist term in fact...since before Australia and New Zealand were discovered....the word you are looking for I think is Wop. which is a dreogatiry rascist term for an Italian.

I suspect some silly Australian made this mistake a couple of hundred years ago and common misunderstanding has perpetuated it amongst the thinking Australians we are proud to call brothers today. :rofl:

Ghost_Bullet
24th February 2008, 20:43
I dont normally look to close at fulled fared machines, BUT that is sumthin!!!!
Reminds of the two nice MV's parked up in The Museum Hotel in Wellinton last time I was there, and they had me drooling.

I think with that one I would have been :innocent:

Very nice.:first:

doc
24th February 2008, 21:02
MV have produced a $200k model the F4100CC. Only made a 100 of them . Last I saw they had sold 10 and the price is coming down rather quick.
Cmon Dangerous I can see you and Scummie swapping bikes on the rides thru the twisties. You know you want one.
Its also 200hp

Sensei
24th February 2008, 21:27
The MV Tamburini are only $85,390 NZ or 42,695-US

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-1000_Tamb.html

Sweet looking bike , watched a MV-R get beaten on the 1/4 mile drags yesterday by a Tri 1098S both bloody fast bikes . Shame I bet the 1098S in a grudge match on my old 03 RSVR tho :clap:

kiwifruit
24th February 2008, 22:09
very very nice
plate spoils the back end i recon, hang it off the battery box MVnut! :shutup:

dangerous
25th February 2008, 05:05

just checking that out I may have mistaken it for on of his other MV's like the one Carl Fogerty ride and signed.

The MV Tamburini are only $85,390 NZ or 42,695-US

ok... here ya are this isent a standard Tamburini, they dont come with gold bolts...

New was about $110, carbon Dymag wheels $6, titanium full race system $12, race engine(220hp at the wheel) that'll make it about $200. Oh and the carbon tank which is the only body part that is not c/f from the factory. If you wanted to buy the torque shift system alone would cost 50k.

HornetBoy
26th February 2008, 07:05
:drool::drool::clap: omg ,the wheels are worth more than my entire bike

gav
26th February 2008, 17:32
Carbon Dymag wheels? Not pictured on that bike, they look like the standard MV wheels?

dangerous
26th February 2008, 17:51
Carbon Dymag wheels? Not pictured on that bike, they look like the standard MV wheels?

try again Gav... LOl always trying to catch some one out now aye, relax.

Colapop
26th February 2008, 18:09
But but... but...you're Dangerous! How can they let someone dangerous on a bike like that???

gav
26th February 2008, 18:13
try again Gav... LOl always trying to catch some one out now aye, relax.
Are you sure they are Dymag, they are not a Dymag design, thats all?
http://www.dymag.com/index2_e.html
I know how you don't let the facts get in the way of a good story! :innocent:

FROSTY
26th February 2008, 18:13
Rode that bike 14 months ago--Ist that induction howl something outa this world?
Now go look at the "factory" tamborini at Meuseum hotel --they just ain the same

dangerous
26th February 2008, 18:22
But but... but...you're Dangerous! How can they let someone dangerous on a bike like that???
cos hes 'nuts' MVnuts

You lucky lucky cunt!!! The SENNA was something else to ride but the Tamburini would be something else again!

Onya MVnut for sharing the joy! :2thumbsup

HEY You said the 'c' word :shifty:

'sharing the joy' yip he did... and ya know what, thats just bloody awesome, fuck me its not about the fact the bikes worth $200k and hes turned down about that on another MV... its the simple fact he loves bikes and is in a position to be able to have some of the most impresive bikes and cars out there, 200k so what, its the fact as you say Goblin, MV shares and above that trusts. The world is a very lucky place to have people like that.

MVnut, I love ya style I love ya over growen lawns and torn couch with the over sized mutts on it, I also love ya bikes and thank you very much for the chance to experance something the average jo biker wouldnt normaly get the chance to do.

Sparky Bills
26th February 2008, 18:42
BAGS NEXT!!!!

They also have special velocity stacks that raise up and lower depending how much throttle you give it. Many other cool things like that, but too many to list.

I remember when we sold our first one. What a sight seeing it being uncreated. Had a special MV protection cover over it in the create, so couldnt even see it untill it was fully out. The gold calipers are faaaaarrkin puuurrty too aye!

MVnut
26th February 2008, 19:19
Are you sure they are Dymag, they are not a Dymag design, thats all?
http://www.dymag.com/index2_e.html
I know how you don't let the facts get in the way of a good story! :innocent:

Actually the Dymags are off the bike waiting to go on another project, (sorry D) but will be back on the Tambo soon. And 'D', that Brutale I told you about IS gonna happen, yeehaa. You want your name on the 'testride list' ???:cool: ps thanks for the nice writeup D and I think Vicki, Drew and NickO have the next 3 spots on the Tambo:calm::banana:

dangerous
26th February 2008, 19:32
And 'D', that Brutale I told you about IS gonna happen, yeehaa. You want your name on the 'testride list' ???:cool:

Damn right I do, man you telling me you will have #1 of 1, possibly the most powerfull Brutale... in the world:gob:
What worres me thos is ya thoughts on moveing closer to the factory... the new bike may not be ready before ya go :crybaby:

Goblin
26th February 2008, 19:33
'sharing the joy' yip he did...

...MV shares and above that trusts. The world is a very lucky place to have people like that.You're not wrong D!
I reckon you'll be still be buzzing for weeks. I can still easily find my "happy place" by just thinking of my rides on MVs. :love:They are such wonderful toys.

MVnut
26th February 2008, 20:49
Bit of a stuff-up in my last post, OAB got his name down for a bike swap next haven't ya mate.:Oops::scooter:

onearmedbandit
26th February 2008, 23:49
Hmmmph. I thought you had forgotten. You disappeared from tthe track today. Will have to catch up with you soon.

(BTW, that's right. MVnut is so nuts he's going to make me the only* onearmed rider in the world to ride a Tamburini. Yeah suck on that.)

*This may or may not be fact. But I'll be telling my grandchildren it was so.

Rashika
13th April 2008, 18:51
Bit of a stuff-up in my last post, OAB got his name down for a bike swap next haven't ya mate.:Oops::scooter:

ooooohhhhhh WOOOOOPS! I guess you lucked out again OAB cos today was MY turn!
I must be the luckiest biker chick in NZ today cos i got to ride this baby, and i got to ride it even further than dangerous, I must just look so much more trustworthy. :innocent:
Ta VERY much MVnuts, and yes i was tempted to take it over gebbies but was a bit nervous to push my luck too far ;)

OMG it WAS fun! :banana: :2thumbsup:clap:

onearmedbandit
13th April 2008, 18:59
My turn will come, been quite busy over the last few weeks so haven't even had the chance to ride my bike either, apart from a couple of track days.

dangerous
13th April 2008, 19:01
and damn... from behind I gota say that is the hotest arse I have followed in a long time :first:

chanceyy
13th April 2008, 19:47
ooooohhhhhh WOOOOOPS! I guess you lucked out again OAB cos today was MY turn!
I must be the luckiest biker chick in NZ today cos i got to ride this baby, and i got to ride it even further than dangerous, I must just look so much more trustworthy. :innocent:
Ta VERY much MVnuts, and yes i was tempted to take it over gebbies but was a bit nervous to push my luck too far ;)

OMG it WAS fun! :banana: :2thumbsup:clap:

OMG you go chicky babe . :banana: fark that would have to be a ride of a lifetime huh ..

MVnut
13th April 2008, 19:52
OAB's gonna kill me:spanking:

dangerous
13th April 2008, 20:00

No hes not... aint like it was an aranged thing or anything, we meet on the road... dont worry I wont say I got another ride :devil2:
I have never felt so much torque and engine braking on a four... what the compression ratio on that thing? must be high for a rever like that.

ps: when do we hear about your experances on a Guzzi and or Buell... ok maybe we beter not LOL

onearmedbandit
13th April 2008, 20:32

OAB needs to jack up a time with you to go riding actually. Getting sick of reading these ride reports and I haven't sampled yet!! :lol:

MVnut
13th April 2008, 21:19
Compression ratio is 13:1 mate, and as for the Guzzi and the Buell, really enjoyed them both, very different from each other in basic feel (as in just sitting on them etc, Guzzi pushing my knees outward and the Buell slim. Both handled real well, particularly interested to see how the feel was on the front wheel (Buell) cos of the short wheelbase. Front end felt great, would like to hear your thoughts on the feel for the front on the Tambo, I'm probably biased. Guzzi was solid and went exactly where I wanted, brakes were great but lever pressure a bit higher than the MVs or Buell. Both boxes were pretty faultless but need a bit firmer change than I imagined. Both tipped into turns nicely, predictably and loved just leaning over. Both engines had plenty of power and great torque and in the higher revs both quicker than I thought they would be. All in all really happy I got to ride them both and would be happy to ride either anytime. ......OAB yes we gotta go riding !! :headbang: ps only thing I don't like now (I'm getting old) is analog speedos, I'm a digital sorta guy lol