mstriumph
25th February 2008, 14:54
just heard from the garage re the progress on my bent bike

"coupla weeks for the Painter" says he

"how come PAINTER says i ......"

"tank" says he

"but there were only a coupla teensy weensy marks on the tank" says i
" i told you, don't bother about that, they'll POLISH out ......:("

"the Assessor says go ahead and repaint it" says he .......

:crybaby: two MORE weeks without my bike for something that REALLY didn't need doing at a cost that could easily have been avoided ---- :crybaby:

it's madness, i tell you - MADNESS!!! - no WONDER insurance is so expensive!!

ok - i'm over it

as you were

EnzoYug
25th February 2008, 15:00
The shop hasn't even STARTED repairs on my bike. Worse yet - I think it's been sitting out in their yard, rain and shine... grrr!

Oh well, that's the industry for you. Hey - how about we start our own workshop, give prompt - well priced and friendly service and go above and beyond for our customers?

We'll go out of business in a month but it'll be fun.

Hope it stays sunny for a bit yet... (you might be able to just 'sign off' for the bike and they'll give it back straight away. you get bike, they get paid I presume...)

mstriumph
25th February 2008, 15:03
and wat's this bizzo about 'welding' the bikini fairing back together?

i thought the fairing was plastic
- it's well bent/torn ---- i thought they'd just rip it off and fit a replacement? :(

or am i just waaaaaay out of touch? :(

007XX
25th February 2008, 15:14

- it's well bent/torn ---- i thought they'd just rip it off and fit a replacement? :(

I can tell someone needs a great big :hug:....C'mere, I don't bite...promise! :devil2:

seriously though, I can only sympathise with you. There are times when I wonder to myself if I wouldn't be better off havign savings accounts for the "what ifs", instead of going through the insurance bullcrap.

madbikeboy
25th February 2008, 16:54
I can tell someone needs a great big :hug:....C'mere, I don't bite...promise! :devil2:

seriously though, I can only sympathise with you. There are times when I wonder to myself if I wouldn't be better off havign savings accounts for the "what ifs", instead of going through the insurance bullcrap.

Hey 007XX,

I often wonder that too. I have a mate who owns about 5 cars and he has a BMW R1200 thingee and a Buell. He dropped the BMW, cost him about $4000 to repair it - but if you consider that he's ridden without incident for 20 years...

But, I recall a schoolgirl who rear ended a new Testarossa in Newmarket in 1990 - she's still paying the Ferrari off at $10 per week. In that case, $500 for insurance isn't so bad...

madbikeboy
25th February 2008, 17:31
Yep that's the bit right there that keeps me insured.
2x minor bins last year with a repair bill that would've set me back about $18000 if I wasn't insured :pinch:

Full set of fairings for the gixer - moonbeans... And Classic Cover have been good to deal with - $580 per year. I've had a few bikes insured with them, and they've been very patient with my paying bills late a couple of times (contractor, so sometimes it's a long time between submitting an invoice, and in some cases, you never get paid)...

Plus, knowing my luck I'll scratch a bentley or a maybach or sumtin...

Scorpygirl
25th February 2008, 17:45
Breathe, breathe.......ahhhhhhhh!!! Two weeks....bugger!!!! Do you think the biker gods are angry with you at the mo!!! :crybaby:

Renegade
25th February 2008, 17:48
just hope it comes back with a correct colour match, im still dark about mine, its more mustard than mango!!!!

crazefox
25th February 2008, 18:02
just hope it comes back with a correct colour match, im still dark about mine, its more mustard than mango!!!!

Who painted it mate.Should of come to crazefox

mstriumph
25th February 2008, 18:08
The Assessor has just phoned me direct

it doesn't seem as though the garage passed my remarks about the tank on to him :confused:

Breathe, breathe.......ahhhhhhhh!!! s'funny - that's wat SPman keeps saying every time the repairs subject comes up and i start grinding my teeth and looking around for breakables :mellow:

and Renegade, perLEASE don't give me anything else to worry about :crybaby:

*wanders off, chewing nails .......... and spitting tacks <_<*

Livvy
25th February 2008, 19:01
Ughhh, I know how you feel... My bike's in the shop too and just waiting around... It's not fair.

What colour is your bike? Well, is it custom painted or not?

007XX
26th February 2008, 07:51
Hey 007XX,

I often wonder that too. I have a mate who owns about 5 cars and he has a BMW R1200 thingee and a Buell. He dropped the BMW, cost him about $4000 to repair it - but if you consider that he's ridden without incident for 20 years...

But, I recall a schoolgirl who rear ended a new Testarossa in Newmarket in 1990 - she's still paying the Ferrari off at $10 per week. In that case, $500 for insurance isn't so bad...

Yes, well that is a very good point...what pisses me off though, is how heavily insurances play on that.

I guess it's a matter of whether you're a gambling person or not!

Ocean1
26th February 2008, 08:03
Yes, well that is a very good point...what pisses me off though, is how heavily insurances play on that.

Standard conversation I have with my insurers. "Why yes, I am worried about third party liabilities, thank you for reminding me, show me your third party, F & T policy." The conversation invariably goes downhill thereafter.

deanohit
26th February 2008, 08:04

It's being plastic welded. A heat gun and plastic rods are used for it.
They would have been better to chuck a new fairing on and leave the tank if you were happy with it.

007XX
26th February 2008, 08:47
Standard conversation I have with my insurers. "Why yes, I am worried about third party liabilities, thank you for reminding me, show me your third party, F & T policy." The conversation invariably goes downhill thereafter.

Gee...fancy that! :laugh:

bucket boy
26th February 2008, 09:00
It's being plastic welded. A heat gun and plastic rods are used for it.
They would have been better to chuck a new fairing on and leave the tank if you were happy with it.

insurance to fix to the condition prior to accident i would tell them to f..k of and replace with one that doesnt look like shit on the inside

mstriumph
4th March 2008, 19:16
aaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

i HAVEN'T been riding herd on the garage because i know they are busy and would hate anyone breathing down MY neck when i was working for them ....

so - i've left if a whole week before phoning for a progress report

at the risk of repeating myself -- aaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

these IDIOTS, these utterly cretinous, half-witted, moronic, benighted, ill-favoured, illigitimate sons of a syphilitic, drivelling she-camel with halitosis NOW tell me "the quote isn't going in until tomorrow as we - erm - mislaid your paperwork last week"

*drools and looks around furtively for blunt instrument....<_<*

Blossom
4th March 2008, 19:24
Oh mutha of all incompitencies and moronic behaviours... One can only assume they are severely jealous of your fine self and bike that they have started a consipiracy.
That Sucks!!!!
Kudos to you for not taking out a hit on them. Are they going to give you some reparation (a replacement bike perhaps) to make up for it? Maybe you could now demand a new fairing?

Ocean1
4th March 2008, 19:24

So they shouldn't have too many objections to sorting you out a loaner eh?

thehovel
4th March 2008, 19:28

i HAVEN'T been riding herd on the garage because i know they are busy and would hate anyone breathing down MY neck when i was working for them ....

these IDIOTS, these utterly cretinous, half-witted, moronic, benighted, ill-favoured, illigitimate sons of a syphilitic, drivelling she-camel with halitosis NOW tell me "the quote isn't going in until tomorrow as we - erm - mislaid your paperwork last week"

Motor Cycle with-draw I think :eek: Regards Richard

Mike748
4th March 2008, 20:26

GD I hope my insurance work isn't following a similar path, I haven't been chasing them because I know how I respond to pushy people:bash:

Yep that's the bit right there that keeps me insured.
2x minor bins last year with a repair bill that would've set me back about $18000 if I wasn't insured :pinch:

Yip one minor bin and It's probably worth around 8k already, it's had me thinking seriously about cheaper bikes and third party cover.

Mikkel
4th March 2008, 21:56
It could be worse - the insurance company could be "reluctant" to see the work done right first time over.

But yes, waiting for your bike sucks! At least you're not out there looking for 2 exhaust valves for an 18 year old bike ;)

Regarding insurance - the testarossa story shows how important 3rd party is. But just imagine not having comprehensive cover - picking up your new lovely bike that you've been dreaming about for ages just to have it stolen or run over by some idiot with no insurance inside a month. Insurance is the way to go I reckon. :yes:

mstriumph
6th March 2008, 18:31
'just happened to be passing' late yesterday arvo and dropped in .....

"just wanted reassurance that the quote got to the Assessor OK" says i

"quote" says he

"yes" says i - "the one you told me yesterday you'd be sending in today"

"well, we didn't actually GET the quote yet but it'll definately be here tomorrow" says he

"i can see you are busy" says i" ....... "mebbe you can phone the person who's meant to be getting it to you and give them a hurryup?"
it's a minute to closing time - i make myself comfortable and smile.......

he phones - says "oh did you?" starts rummaging thru the paperwork all over the desk - finds the quote he didn't get - or mebbe it's the first quote, the one that got lost .... who knows

i look it over
at least one thing is wrong description/colour
i point it out
he says it will go in today

i manage not to start sobbing until i am a good 5 minutes from the workshop

i am beginning to understand the fundementals underpinning mayhem ......