PDA

View Full Version : Ne1 up 4 a slow(ish) ride, Sat(27/11/04)?

Motoracer
25th November 2004, 13:10
Is anyone riding this Saturday? If I get the FXR going by tomorrow, I'll come out for a ride.

I am thinking of venturing off to the SH22 and surroundings.

Two Smoker
25th November 2004, 13:21
Is anyone riding this Saturday? If I get the FXR going by tomorrow, I'll come out for a ride.

I am thinking of venturing off to the SH22 and surroundings.

If you do, ill crank the RG over and bring it.... Just gotta organise getting off work.....(which should be possible...)

Devil
25th November 2004, 13:24
Whats your idea of slow(ish)? Being on an fxr might handicap you enough for me to consider coming along ;) Now that my bike is fixed, yay!

Mr Skid
25th November 2004, 14:09
I might be keen, if only to see what a fxr is really capable of.

However it depends whether I can get my replacement water pump fitted in time. (I was leaving small green puddles at each stop on the coromandel ride)

Quasievil
25th November 2004, 14:12
nAH SORRY DUDE iM SKIING IN nGRUAWHAhia in the am though, if you wanna get wet !!!!!!!! be interesting how low you go on a ski, what ya reckon? its not a knee thing ITS A ELBOW THING !!!!

loosebruce
25th November 2004, 14:16
nAH SORRY DUDE iM SKIING IN nGRUAWHAhia in the am though, if you wanna get wet !!!!!!!! be interesting how low you go on a ski, what ya reckon? its not a knee thing ITS A ELBOW THING !!!!

Word has it your're quite good at the face thing Quasi :ar15:

I wouldn't count on the FXR being a handicap in MR's hands.

Devil
25th November 2004, 14:21
Shhhh, you're ruining my dream.

loosebruce
25th November 2004, 14:32
Shhhh, you're ruining my dream.

Shit sorry mate, i will sneak over to MR's place later tonight and adjust the throttle stop to 1/4 for ya. :shifty: Just dont tell him it was me :)

Quasievil
25th November 2004, 14:49
Word has it your're quite good at the face thing Quasi :ar15:

Errrr who told you that ???
I have a very average skiing ability and with that averagness I have still managed to have two shoulder ops and three cracked ribs and numerous back sprains in the last few years lol, I try to be more conservative these days and avoid falling of as much as possible

Motoracer
25th November 2004, 15:28
Hahaha, you guys are real comedians. FXR150 + open roads involving high speeds = SLOW! lol

Anywho, I gotta real dodgy setta tires anyway so this Saturday (if the bike runs), I just wana come out to test ride the bike. I'll see if anything is wrong with it, if there is I wana make her run perfect by next weekend. Also, I'll be chucking on a new setta sports demons by next weekend too.

Quasie, I am dead keen to go water skiing man!! Will PM you.

dss3
25th November 2004, 15:56
Yep, I might meet yu fulla's somewhere along the way... If i'm not being "thumbed" that is! Who's gunna have a celly so I can find ya?

_Daryl

Two Smoker
25th November 2004, 18:15
Hahaha, you guys are real comedians. FXR150 + open roads involving high speeds = SLOW! lol

Anywho, I gotta real dodgy setta tires anyway so this Saturday (if the bike runs), I just wana come out to test ride the bike. I'll see if anything is wrong with it, if there is I wana make her run perfect by next weekend. Also, I'll be chucking on a new setta sports demons by next weekend too.

Quasie, I am dead keen to go water skiing man!! Will PM you.
Oh gutted, can you get the sport demons by this saturday??? Would be way better, dont want you binning that mean machine.....

Drunken Monkey
25th November 2004, 18:17
Post the meeting details. I get the gixxer back (yet again) tomorrow, so I may be keen for summat...

Teflon
25th November 2004, 20:24
Yep, I might meet yu fulla's somewhere along the way... If i'm not being "thumbed" that is! Who's gunna have a celly so I can find ya?

_Daryl

Hi, is your TL a 98?, two brothers pipes, and oridgnaly red?.

If it is, i know all the previous history of it, well from brand new to about 10,000.

dss3
26th November 2004, 06:48
Hi, is your TL a 98?, two brothers pipes, and oridgnaly red?.

If it is, i know all the previous history of it, well from brand new to about 10,000.

Nah, she's always been bleck! (far as I know) Orignally owned by a bloke over tauranga/rotorua way and serviced by some shop in tauranga. But yes it's a 98 and used to have 2bros pipes...

_Daryl

Motoracer
26th November 2004, 08:34
Unfortunatly, the FXR ain't runing still cause I just found a few more problems that needs fixing in it. Oh well, I'll try it agian next week.

Teflon
26th November 2004, 20:22
Nah, she's always been bleck! (far as I know) Orignally owned by a bloke over tauranga/rotorua way and serviced by some shop in tauranga. But yes it's a 98 and used to have 2bros pipes...

_Daryl

Was talking to my old man, and his plate was 84TUM. I knew the owner after him droped it a couple of times, so i thought maybe this could be her.

Two Smoker
26th November 2004, 21:17
Unfortunatly, the FXR ain't runing still cause I just found a few more problems that needs fixing in it. Oh well, I'll try it agian next week.
Likewise, i can't make it..... looks like im working ALL weekend :( Give me a yell if you need a hand :niceone: