PDA

View Full Version : Tues Ride 26 Feb

Macstar
25th February 2008, 22:05
Hey ppl

After not getting a chance last weekend to ride and since I'm going away on business this week, who'd like to join me for a ride after work on Tues?

Details:

Rain: Probably won't go
When: 6.30pm @ Uni gym Symonds St
Ride plan: 2-3 hrs Maybe head up north and cut across Woodcocks Rd to Warkworth and then double back.
Pace/level: Ideally an advanced ride, HOWEVER if a few learners are keen then we will make sure that it is a learner-friendly/safe ride.
Bike & Gear: Pls make sure your bike is up to scratch i.e. tyres, brakes, chain etc and that you are wearing appropriate open-road riding gear

Post your interest if ya want and I'll try and sneak a peak at KB from work tomorrow, otherwise just meet me at uni.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

breakaway
25th February 2008, 22:11
First day of work tomorrow, but if that ends by 6.30PM, I'm so in it's not even funny :third:

Macstar
25th February 2008, 22:15
Sweet. BTW: What's the deal with the SV650 listing in your avatar? When did you get that? Why have you still got that beat up 'ol CBR?

motorbyclist
25th February 2008, 22:52
i dunno if i'll come on this one...

wouldn't want to embarass the hornet:bleh:

Macstar
26th February 2008, 07:27
Two things MB:

1. A new paint job don't make your bike go faster!
2. You aint been riding properly for 3 months now!!

But seriously, is the Fixxer goin now?

HungusMaximist
26th February 2008, 09:44
Sweet. BTW: What's the deal with the SV650 listing in your avatar? When did you get that? Why have you still got that beat up 'ol CBR?

Haven't you heard?

He loves his CBR too much, it's got nostalgic (if you know what I mean) values :msn-wink:

gtr boy
26th February 2008, 13:59
hey guys, im keen but dont want to travel in to the city.
im out west ,will you guys be going past westgate .i can meet you all there bout 7:niceone:
my cell is 0273218517,txt if cooool

Macstar
26th February 2008, 14:12
hey guys, im keen but dont want to travel in to the city.
im out west ,will you guys be going past westgate .i can meet you all there bout 7:niceone:
my cell is 0273218517,txt if cooool

Hi

Be at Shell Westgate from 6.50pm if you're keen to come. Weather looks good!

gtr boy
26th February 2008, 16:35
c u @ westgate

motorbyclist
26th February 2008, 23:18
yeap, looks like i couldn't make the ride - didn't get home from work (if you could call it that, i was riding the fxr all day putting up flyers) till 8:45... had to finish the job cause my other employer desperately needs me... if only they didn't both call at the same time!

Two things MB:

1. A new paint job don't make your bike go faster!
2. You aint been riding properly for 3 months now!!

But seriously, is the Fixxer goin now?

1. i didn't want to repaint it in the first place - now i'm going to be shit scared of scratching it... which is exactly why the old man made me fix it

2. squiggles found yet another mint set of fairings on TM, and even if i pay $1000 for those and $275 for that tank at atomic, it'd still be cheaper than the current painting mission. counting lost earnings i'm about $2500 poorer for not just paying uncle to have it done before xmas. plus i found this site (http://www.trickfairings.co.nz/index.php?target=categories&category_id=196)

and currently the fixxer needs me to tighten the chain... it was always going, just i want to keep it that way:baby:

Squiggles
27th February 2008, 07:34
2. squiggles found yet another mint set of fairings on TM, and even if i pay $1000 for those and $275 for that tank at atomic, it'd still be cheaper than the current painting mission. counting lost earnings i'm about $2500 poorer for not just paying uncle to have it done before xmas. plus i found this site (http://www.trickfairings.co.nz/index.php?target=categories&category_id=196)

You have another message.

HungusMaximist
27th February 2008, 08:59

and currently the fixxer needs me to tighten the chain... it was always going, just i want to keep it that way:baby:

Like we were talking at Nish's B'day party, just get some professional to do it.

Most of the time it just works out cheaper and plus, you could've been working and making cash instead of slaving around... :yes:

Oh that site, it's pretty good but it's exactly that same sort stuff from ebay Hong Kong, I'd be surprised if it isn't.

Good Luck bro..

Macstar
27th February 2008, 10:39
I dunno, these ppl with crashed bikes...:Pokey:

Ride was good by the way. Hooked up with Raj and Craig for a burn up 16 and over to Warkworth. I nearly ran over a free range chicken 3kms out of Warkworth!! I would have strapped the chicken to the handlebars of my bike for dinner (hunted deer style), if I did hit it that is...

Rode through some lime sludge stuff during roadworks for about 1km which then dried to my bike and went everywhere. I had to pull into Washworld at 9pm last night and waterblast her down - but some of that shit is still on my bike.

Here's hoping the weather is good this weekend for some more riding!

gtr boy
27th February 2008, 11:24
yeah that sludge stuff went every where.still havnt clean the heap yet.
was a brilliant ride ,you guys ride f n choice
im keen if weathers good this weekend but working till 12 lunchtime sat.
will keep eyes on forums for next 1 .

shingo
27th February 2008, 12:08
I hit those same road works twice when i went up there earlier in the day. The sludge stuff was a pain to clean off and there is still some on my bike as well.

Macstar
27th February 2008, 13:01
yeah that sludge stuff went every where.still havnt clean the heap yet.
was a brilliant ride ,you guys ride f n choice
im keen if weathers good this weekend but working till 12 lunchtime sat.
will keep eyes on forums for next 1 .

I would have been extremely happy if I rode like you do when I was on my learners!

I hit those same road works twice when i went up there earlier in the day. The sludge stuff was a pain to clean off and there is still some on my bike as well.

Send the council the bill!!

motorbyclist
27th February 2008, 16:54
Send the council the bill!!

i went through some roadworks out by greenhithe yesterday and they had a truck spraying "stuff"... problem was it was spraying too wide and was getting all the cars they let drive by

i didn't want that shit on my clothes/gear/skin so went extra wide and put some tyre tracks in their gravel

the shit they were spraying in my instance, i know to be a sort of flux to get new hot tarmac to stick to the old stuff underneath - diesel gets it off ok

letting you drive through it is just stupid unless they want to do it twice