PDA

View Full Version : Hanging my leather up

Marmoot
14th August 2003, 14:05
Sadly, all things must come to end.
Due to unforeseen (or foreseen but unforetold) circumstances (99.5% financial) I am now hanging my leathers.
Did not expect it to be this soon. Did not want to believe it but it is true.
I will miss all my buddies who always went crazy with me.
But, hey, it's life.
Nevertheless, I'll still be here (as a ghost?) and you can always call me whenever you want some snip-snap of you and your beasts (time permitting).
My riding career is over............................for now.
But mark my words: I will come back.
:rockon:

P.S.
1999 Fireblade for sale:
Good engine (unbreakable). Frame OK (incorruptible). No bodywork at all (unaffordable).
Email me to make an offer or for 1 big picture (still downloadable).

P.P.S
3.0l inline-6 cage is not too bad afterall.......:o :argh:

Motoracer
14th August 2003, 15:30
This is truely a sad story. I can only feel bad for you but I am kind of on the same boat as you myself.

I don't know what bike you might be aiming for next but I hope you will make a come back as soon as your financial situation allows you to. It would be a darn shame for a rider as skilled as yourself to leave it all behind if you weren't going to come back.

Good luck man and all the best with selling whats left of your blade. I hope I'll see you agian in the near future.:)

Coldkiwi
14th August 2003, 17:23
Dude, that is truly sad. :argh:

Here's hoping we see you back up on two wheels (wheel standing the cage doesn't really count, but by cripes, I'm keen to see it done!) sooner rather than later.

Motu
14th August 2003, 19:35
I don't know you or your financial situation Marmoot,but to me being tied up financialy would be a reason to take up motorcycles,not give them up.If motorcycling means affording the latest model with the appropriate letters before and after a large capacity rating,I think you have missed the boat somewhere.Good luck in the car - look out for me on the road...I'll be riding...anything.

Redstar
14th August 2003, 21:52
It harder to give up when you have the dream Machine.
My bike owes nothing and is cheaper Just to run than a mazda 323. so you could always go down a cc or 500 and start all over again? I've had this zxr400 for two and a half years and I still love and kiss it!

Big Dog
14th August 2003, 22:34
I gave up my bike for "financial reasons" from 96-92 worst 6 years of my life!

You'll be back, unless the madness gets you first:(
and when you are a 5k bike will feel like magic:niceone:

Big Dog
14th August 2003, 22:35
Don't forget to stay in touch, your postings are always fun/informative to read:rockon:

Marmoot
14th August 2003, 22:44
Well, thank's for that. Anyway, here's the detail:

Financial reason being unable to repair the bike and keep it up with my riding style. Riding in the city doesn't really appeal to me. For me, it's the freedom to soar like an eagle that counts. Open road is my home. Not city, not track, but open road. There I can unwind.
And due to stress I inflicted to my bike, and how on the edge I always was, financially it is quite hard to go on riding with my current pay. And, due to the latest crash I have, I am now unable to put the thing back on the road.
Sportbike (plastic crotch rocket, some may say) tend to be quite expensive to run when you run 500k every weekend at the bike's limitation.
Anyway, that's my riding. I know it might not be your riding, but that is how I ride.
And please don't slag me down because I'm damn proud of it. I'm a sport rider. :rockon:
Oh, don't worry. I'll be back (born again?)

And, CK, watch the last bit of the first The Fast & The Furious. They wheelied a cage there :)
It looks funny and certainly out of place.

P.S.
My bike was not of the latest model :) It's not important. Only love what clicks with your heart.

P.P.S.
SpankMe, is there any forum rules banning cage-driver-only? Especially Asian riceburner? :)

Racey Rider
14th August 2003, 22:49
Feels like a death in the family!
Say it's not so marmoot! :(

Alright, Lets pass around the hat to buy Marmoot a scooter!:p

KK, you got anything in the back corner of the shed that would pass for a scooter for the brother??:)

Marmoot
14th August 2003, 23:38
as a matter of fact, I'm buying a scooter next year. For my g/f :)

SPman
14th August 2003, 23:53
Sad to hear :buggerd:

But....you'll be back.....once a biker - always a biker! :D

wkid_one
15th August 2003, 07:48
Any details on the accident?

Racey Rider
15th August 2003, 08:43
Originally posted by Marmoot
as a matter of fact, I'm buying a scooter next year. For my g/f :)

If you ask for a scooter without the motor, it will be cheaper. Then a discreet transplant of the blade motor in there and,, hey presto! Soaring once again!!:niceone:

"Any details on the accident?"

Now Wkid,, Theres some questions that just shouldn't be asked at a time like this!
Things that shouldn't be dragged back to the surface!:no:

PS. If anyone knows the full details them can PM me and wkid!:niceone:

Kwaka-Kid
15th August 2003, 12:57
argh marmoot! dude dont leave us! not even for a minute! :(

buy the ZXR off me or somthing, it aint nothing special... argh.

sux2c1go.

but you better be back asap... and fair enuf about open road - me myself, track is only place i try and ride fast (note the TRY) street i cant afford the tickets.

Coldkiwi
15th August 2003, 13:08
KK... that bit about you riding on a track... I'm confused. Is this a future tense thing??

:P

i dunno.. you can't afford the tickets but you can afford to fix your bikes properly and choose not too.

:Offtopic: (apologies marmoot) here's a point for KK to consider... if you get pulled over by a cop and he see's the delapidated state of your bike and tyres (any model by the sound of it) which I can only assume won't have a current WOF... can you afford that fine? Do you have health insurance? can you afford the medico bills if your pride and joy spits you off when the bar breaks, chain snaps, tyres let go etc.??? I know we've all flamed you about this but I'm gonna keep going in the hope that one day (hey.. you're old and wise now right??) you'll smell the roses!

oh well... since you're into buying half-machines.. why not pick up marmoots CBR?

merv
15th August 2003, 13:47
As one who has always had a bike to ride for over 30 years I can understand your pain. It shouldn't be so - wasn't there something else you could give up first - borrow some money from a rellie, rob a bank or something?

Racey Rider
15th August 2003, 13:53
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
oh well... since you're into buying half-machines.. why not pick up marmoots CBR?

minis the motor of course! :cool:

But thats ok, cause as we all know, bikes don't need a motor to take up space in your garage KK! :p

:Oops: (Daddys Garage)!!

andy1
15th August 2003, 18:01
im very sad!
well marmoot the risk that we do take when we blast on saturdays is a big risk to our bikes and our lives i would say, and that u should be happy that u are in one peice. im sure that u will be back and blasting soon!! but im really gonna miss u heaps!!
hope u will always remember us, and me going around ur ass!!

well take care and see u laterz

:rockon:

Marmoot
15th August 2003, 22:37
thanx, guys.

Details of the accident:
How: Bike went off the road, decided to throw me off its back.

But I can tell you, looking at your bike disintegrating into bits while upside down in the air is quite a funny feeling and totally worth it (in this incident). I'd really like to experience it again if not because of the financial (and physical) consequences that would occur from it. :D :D :D

Anyway, picture of the accident spot and bike (is it wise to post my bike picture?) will come (hopefully) next week.

Lucky my digicam and radar detector weren't damaged (they're in my backpack).

Oh, as much to dissapointment of the audience, I am announcing that the rider went away unscatched. :rockon:

Big Dog
15th August 2003, 23:33
Good to hear that you are alright!

Shame about the bike.

Still better a cople of grand than a couple of spinal disks:D

Ciao

Kwaka-Kid
16th August 2003, 00:15
so what general price are u looking for the CBR dude?

and coldkiwi - My bikes always have a WOF.  I will say no more on how.

And i dont fall off on the street anymore, i decided its dumb to. -simple as that.

Marmoot
16th August 2003, 22:25
KK: I don't know....make an offer I can't resist.
It's only 5% of my self that want to sell the bike, so the offer has to be damn good.

Kwaka-Kid
17th August 2003, 07:14
haha fair enough

well KK dont have that sorta money :) sounds like bike is still good etc.  I would only have hte money for a well beaten up one.