PDA

View Full Version : Accidently put about 2 litres of 2 storke petrol in my 4 stroke :S

RPM91
25th November 2004, 17:27
Hey guys, went to flog sum of dads petrol out of his outboard the other night to put in my bike and i didnt realise it was 2 stroke petrol untill i asked him wot it ran the other day, what is best for me to do now ??, Leave it in the tank or completely drain all the petrol out of it, hopefully this doesnt damage anything :angry2:

sAsLEX
25th November 2004, 17:34
dont believe what I say, but done that before with a lawn mower, just ran smokey for a while, just a little extra lube for the engine

enigma51
25th November 2004, 17:34
You are better off just draining the fuel

Blakamin
25th November 2004, 17:42
How many litres does your tank hold?? fill the sucker with fuel and it should "water" it down enuff

avgas
25th November 2004, 17:46
but in your next tank either clean the plugs or run some octance booster to burn off all the scum on the plugs.
Just dont do diesel - that shit is real bad.
Havent tried 2stroke on a fuel injected bike yet though - cant imagine that be very good.

Yamahamaman
25th November 2004, 17:56
Hey guys, went to flog sum of dads petrol out of his outboard the other night to put in my bike and i didnt realise it was 2 stroke petrol untill i asked him wot it ran the other day, what is best for me to do now ??, Leave it in the tank or completely drain all the petrol out of it, hopefully this doesnt damage anything :angry2:
If it is a 50:1 mix, shouldn't hurt a bit.

bear
25th November 2004, 18:00
Yeah man, just fill it up wih petrol to dilute it.

merv
25th November 2004, 18:10
What they have all said above, just add as much petrol as you can and then run it and you'll hardly notice the difference.

Motu
25th November 2004, 19:05
Upper cyl lube - good move.

Yamahamaman
25th November 2004, 19:17
If it is a 50:1 mix, shouldn't hurt a bit.
And if it Castrol 1 (oil) in the mix, it will smell kinda sweet (like the race track) and then you will be adding a little at every fill-up :yeah:

Hitcher
25th November 2004, 19:57
The guy who owned the farm next to Mum & Dad's place had one of those double-ended farm supply tanks -- petrol one end and diesel the other. He had a shitload of problems with people nicking his petrol despite his best attempts to lock stopcocks, etc. So one day when the thing was nearly empty both ends, he picked it up with his front-end-loader and turned the tank through 180 degrees before refilling it. About two days later, a couple of hundred metres down the road from where the tank was, was an abandoned Mark IV Zephyr with a strong smell of diesel coming from the fuel tank...

RiderInBlack
25th November 2004, 20:12
Hey guys, went to flog sum of dads petrol out of his outboard the other night to put in my bike and i didnt realise it was 2 stroke petrol untill i asked him wot it ran the other day, what is best for me to do now ??, Leave it in the tank or completely drain all the petrol out of it, hopefully this doesnt damage anything :angry2:Your Dad should have told you diesel, then you would have really some thing to panic about:bleh: , and would have stopped flogging his fuel. Try asking him next time:msn-wink:

inlinefour
28th November 2004, 09:44

If it was my step dad's fuel. I'd drain my bike, refill with with unleaded, refill dad's fuel can, clean my plugs and think of myself as a dickhead!!! :argh:

Dr Bob
29th November 2004, 15:42
..... About two days later, a couple of hundred metres down the road from where the tank was, was an abandoned Mark IV Zephyr with a strong smell of diesel coming from the fuel tank...

Before I put a locking petrol cap on the ute I just stuck a diesel sticker on the filler flap. Used to get pissed off by every bystander telling me of my mistake when I went to fill it. And also the thought that someone else might put diesel in it. But the strategy worked while it lasted, used to park the ute on the road in Grey Lynn, everyone else used to complain about petrol siphoning but not I. I half expected the boy racers to spread petrol on the road, that could have been interesting.

dss3
29th November 2004, 15:54

Well if it makes you feel any better a guy here at work went off-rading in the weekend in his nisan safari and went through a river that was a bit deeper than he remebered... water into the motor and hydraulic lock... a real pain in the arse to remove from diesel motors from all accounts and possibly very expensive depending on what may have bent/broke!

_Daryl

motomaniacchick
29th November 2004, 18:00
I happen to know a certain faather of mine... not mentioning any names.. (firefight)... who did the same thing with petrol into a diesel station wagon. :doh: half way into the back of nowhere, our car stops and dad has to siphon it out with his mouth and take the half hour walk back into town to buy some new diesel..... but you didnt hear it from me.. :laugh:

marty
29th November 2004, 18:20
And if it Castrol 1 (oil) in the mix, it will smell kinda sweet (like the race track) and then you will be adding a little at every fill-up :yeah:

of course *everyone* uses catrol 1 in their lawnmower....

NordieBoy
29th November 2004, 19:41
Catrol?

Oil refined from Cats.

:pinch:

marty
29th November 2004, 20:41
bugger. i really hate taht.