PDA

View Full Version : National Bucket GP (Auckland) 17 & 18th May 08

F5 Dave
26th February 2008, 16:51
This is the one national GP event of the year. 18th May April (17th practice etc) Mt Wellington Kart track. Come & have a look & laugh.
From southern motorway northbound
Take Ellerslie penrose offramp
get onto Ellerslie Pamnure Highway
Follow this road to BIG roundabout
Turn left into Jellico road
Take first left Morrin Road -over railway lines
Take first right Into Tainui road
Track entrance is aprox 50m on the right
It is down a driveway

Classes F4, F5, & sometimes scooters,
They ran motards some years, not sure if this year.

Nasty
26th February 2008, 17:16
Sounds fantastic .... hmmm might see grabaseat!

ajturbo
26th February 2008, 18:55
just doing a budget now...

no honestly i am!!!!

not sure how the $$$ will streatch though...

but i want to go!:second:

Skunk
26th February 2008, 19:02
Bum. I won't be going.

Hope next year is at Taupo...

SHELRACING
29th February 2008, 20:17
There is a lap time limit for the GP. It is usually around 34-36 sec, depends on how many riders do the qualifying time trials.

If you dont meet the qualifying time then you can enter the Mt Wellington Cup. So everyone is guaranteed a race on the day.

F5 Dave
3rd March 2008, 08:35
Arrgh the date has changed!! Don't suppose a Mod could change the title?

17th & 18th of May!!!

ok gives everyone some more time to save up.

gav
3rd March 2008, 17:28
Arrgh the date has changed!! Don't suppose a Mod could change the title?

17th & 18th of May!!!

ok gives everyone some more time to save up.
S'pose I could .... whats it worth? :devil2:

SHELRACING
9th March 2008, 19:23
It's worth a lot of fun and some damn fine racing.

So please JUST DO IT!

SHELRACING
21st March 2008, 17:06
Forgot to mention the GP is over 75 laps and the Mt Welly Cup is over 55 laps

Rashika
10th April 2008, 19:42
well it looks like I'm actually going to be in auckland briefly over this time, hopefully will have a new nephew to visit.
So maybe try to call in and watch a bit on the saturday, flying out sunday lunch so prob wont be able to get there then. No cost to watch i guess?

ajturbo
10th April 2008, 21:40
well it looks like I'm actually going to be in auckland briefly over this time, hopefully will have a new nephew to visit.
So maybe try to call in and watch a bit on the saturday, flying out sunday lunch so prob wont be able to get there then. No cost to watch i guess?
take BB with ya...

Rashika
11th April 2008, 06:58
take BB with ya...

more like she will have to take me there! :niceone:

speedpro
24th April 2008, 09:39
Saturday will be worth a visit with qualifying and everyone trying to psyche everyone else out. Plus - you will be able to check out how the Aucklanders do it and then return from whence you came with tales of awe.

SHELRACING
29th April 2008, 20:06
Rashika,

Yes it is free entry to watch.

If you bring some gear you can have a ride on my F5!

speedpro
29th April 2008, 20:43
I wasn't aware Dave was yours and I'm not sure how his wife or Dangerous is going to handle your very generous offer, especially if Rashika takes you up on it.

Rashika
30th April 2008, 05:00
hahaha... I luv to take you up on the offer, but a change of plans means that I wont be in Auckland that weekend now :(
Just about to change my job (start next week) so have put my holiday on hold till end of june, bummer really... but the new job will be great! So a small price to pay.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

CM2005
15th May 2008, 19:48
I am utterly disgusted, but our lovely nations airforce, royal may it be, has posted me to ohakea so i will not be able to make this years racing, along with next year as i will be in my intermediate medic course. you are all very lucky.... :rockon:
oh and i fully wouldn'rt have fallen off.!!!!!
and my GP125's still broken. if robert willis is on here, i'll get my motor to you one day... just got all the bits from japan, and a RG250 pipe... see you lot at taupo at xmas if not before.

hoping to make the 2 hour in november... might be posted to akl in august.

F5 Dave
16th May 2008, 09:22
Sorry to hear Zebra man, Ironically Ohakea was where all the early GPs were held, so walk around the roads & out onto the tarmac & try & vision the old racetrack.

Making the trip up this arvo.

Str8 Jacket
16th May 2008, 09:45
Good luck Dave!! :wari:

Trudes
16th May 2008, 09:53
Yep, G/L Dave, Wellington representative!! Will see you on Monday hopefully!!

F5 Dave
16th May 2008, 10:01
Cheers guys, starting to get nervous, its a long race & there's reports the Aprilia up there has got faster & the Derbi is always very fast. Both these bikes are almost 15 years younger than mine.
Wife has instructed me that the mantelpiece would look a bit bare without the cup so I'll have to bring it back. So in the interests of internal decorating. . .

Look forward to next GP may be held at Taupo. Much easier than racing on a neutral cct, rather than one that these guys only race at & I only see once a year, alternatively in the opposite direction.

Still looking forward to it.:clap:

$CENSLS1$
16th May 2008, 17:43
Can't wait for the next couple of days, the Ex-Banana is ready to get going and get out there for a crack.

See you all out there tomorrow :devil2:

CM2005
18th May 2008, 18:55
cumon, whats the news!?!?! any pics etc? i had to sit around and imagine racing lol..

stilynit
18th May 2008, 19:16
cumon, whats the news!?!?! any pics etc? i had to sit around and imagine racing lol..

Some "banana" dropped the clutch a tad to much and ended up kissing the tarmac with his a$$ haha.

Some good racing out there, I wasnt that interested last time, but I'm really starting to like it now and alot of decent people out there.

Wheres that youtube footage? :shifty:

$CENSLS1$
19th May 2008, 09:02
A huge thank you to John, Wendy and everyone else involved in running the meeting. There was some great racing through all the classes that I got to see and some bloody quick bikes there!

I managed to qualify 5th for the Mt Welly Cup race but got a bit eager on the line which resulted in a start line wheelie that inturn got me off the bike :spanking: awsome fun and hopefully some good footage of it will pop up on here. Had great fun in the race, battling with a few guys through out.

All in all a great weekend with a heap of fun, can't wait for the next one :devil2:

Gaz

speedpro
19th May 2008, 17:01
Famous for all the wrong reasons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0augA1cHyB0

speedpro
19th May 2008, 17:39
A few I snapped. Some very tasty bikes being thrashed on a brilliant weekend.

speedpro
19th May 2008, 17:54
more photos

speedpro
19th May 2008, 17:56
and the last

Rashika
19th May 2008, 18:55
I managed to qualify 5th for the Mt Welly Cup race but got a bit eager on the line which resulted in a start line wheelie that inturn got me off the bike :spanking: awsome fun and hopefully some good footage of it will pop up on here.

ha thats CLASSIC!
As good as the one Johnney212 did when coming back into the pits along the return road after the racing a week ago, I tried but was not quite able to run him over. Gotta watch that throttle mate ;)

Excellant piccies Speedpro!

F5 Dave
20th May 2008, 13:26
my feeble efforts posted here

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1571280#post1571280