PDA

View Full Version : Round The Bays

Hanne
26th February 2008, 20:07
WARNING: This post may include encouragement towards health-inducing activities

Round The Bays is on 16th March, an 8.4km run/ walk round the waterfront.
9.30am start, $15 entry:

http://www.roundthebays.co.nz/default,7,about_the_run.sm

You get a certificate at the end!

So, anyone keen to enter with me?:wari:

PirateJafa
26th February 2008, 20:52
Can I do it on a bike? :ride:

motorbyclist
27th February 2008, 00:01
WARNING: This post may include encouragement towards health-inducing activities

Round The Bays is on 16th March, an 8.4km run/ walk round the waterfront.
9.30am start, $15 entry:

http://www.roundthebays.co.nz/default,7,about_the_run.sm

You get a certificate at the end!

So, anyone keen to enter with me?:wari:

wait, you mean on foot?

yeah right!:lol:

i could take the pocket rocket! after a few km i'll be walking, bike under my arm or left in a bin somewhere

babyB
27th February 2008, 00:14
wait, you mean on foot?

yeah right!:lol:

i could take the pocket rocket! after a few km i'll be walking, bike under my arm or left in a bin somewhere
:rofl: could ya tow some1 a skate board, then ya could use it to tow the rocket :chase:

motorbyclist
27th February 2008, 00:16
:rofl: could ya tow some1 a skate board, then ya could use it to tow the rocket :chase:

GENIUS!!:2thumbsup

Sofa
27th February 2008, 07:52
Hey! I'll do it if you're gonna walk most of the way (might run a teeny tiny bit) :first: and by the looks of it, it might be some female bonding time :shit::bleh:

Sofa
27th February 2008, 07:54
Oh!!! :Offtopic: And did you have a good time at outward bound?? You'll have to tell me all about it sometime!:woohoo:

Hanne
27th February 2008, 14:22
wait, you mean on foot?

haha that's why the disclaimer is in red at the top!

jrandom
27th February 2008, 14:45
I'm going to do it as part of a corporate team, even though I'm not actually an employee of that company.

Because, really, everyone just wants to belong.

:grouphug:

ManDownUnder
27th February 2008, 14:52
Because, really, everyone just wants to belong.

:grouphug:

True...belong in the lycra pants of the cute arse in front of you...

Maverick
29th February 2008, 15:56
True...belong in the lycra pants of the cute arse in front of you...

This is sounding more interesting by the minute! :rofl:

:cool:

ManDownUnder
29th February 2008, 15:58
This is sounding more interesting by the minute! :rofl:

:cool:

LOL never done round the bays then? The easiest way to get a good time is to find a gorgeous arse in lycra doing a reasonable/manageable pace... and just follow... hypnotised by the wonderful gyrations proceeding in front of you.

Trust me... it works!!!! (apparently .. :whistle:)

Hanne
29th February 2008, 22:03
Haha "hypnotised', eh? you'll be at the finish line beofre you know it!

Cr1MiNaL
29th February 2008, 23:00
I'll be doing it, look for me I'll be in green ! Were goin to engulf the run.... c u brave ones there!

aewilliam
1st March 2008, 11:58
Hypothetical (promise!!!) scenario on the free bus from Madills Farm post-Roudn the Bays to City:

Your a guy, sitting on the FLOOR of the bus, surrounded by remmer mums (and their daughters...) sitting on the bus seats facing you, or standing, in their aforementioned lycra (or spandex or just plain simple VERY well fitted cotton...)

For half an hour.

:eek5:

ehab2weelr
4th March 2008, 09:05
iv done it last year it was fun, think i came in in the top 10 hundred :wari: or somthin but it was an effort. hahah
il be keen on doing it again this year but i havent been out on a run ever since i got the bike!!!!! :whistle:. hahah :2thumbsup

MGST
4th March 2008, 18:33
Seems like everyones got an excuse for NOT doing it! So is this a SMC team thing or just a few peeps keen to flog themselves mercilessly? I've done it 5 or 6 times over the years, and wouldn't mind doing it again, so yeah I might just do it.

kiwifruit
4th March 2008, 18:46
I'm coming along to give you all the learn

Hanne
4th March 2008, 18:54
a few peeps keen to flog themselves mercilessly

Flogging AND lycra.

c'mon guys!!!

MGST
4th March 2008, 19:13
MMMMMMMM LYCRA. Hope there be plenty hot Asian chicks there for me.

ehab2weelr
5th March 2008, 22:44
plenty of every thing...................:innocent:

can u use ur bike round the bays??
on one wheel?? :scooter:

Cr1MiNaL
10th March 2008, 20:16
I'm coming along to give you all the learn

meh I pawn fat cunts... :bye:

kiwifruit
10th March 2008, 20:23
meh I pawn fat cunts... :bye:

that hurt my feelings, take it back at once

(i'm not fat anymore, running has helped me loose 30kg+ over the last year or so =D ..... do you do a bit of running? what sort of 10k / 21.1k times are you doing?)

Cr1MiNaL
10th March 2008, 20:29
that hurt my feelings, take it back at once

(i'm not fat anymore, running has helped me loose 30kg+ over the last year or so =D ..... do you do a bit of running? what sort of 10k / 21.1k times are you doing?)

K k i tib. I aint no runner man but I run sumtimes after work takapuna to devenport beach and back to taka roughly 8 ks all good. Hope to catch u there.

kiwifruit
10th March 2008, 20:32
K k i tib. I aint no runner man but I run sumtimes after work takapuna to devenport beach and back to taka roughly 8 ks all good. Hope to catch u there.

i ran further than that before the sun was up today..... :bleh:
yep, see ya there

Cr1MiNaL
10th March 2008, 20:37
i ran further than that before the sun was up today..... :bleh:
yep, see ya there

Oh but I did it backwards, in my jandals.

Hanne
10th March 2008, 21:40
Hey, raj, I know a good trick for making your abs grow quick. It involves a vivid marker...

Hanne
16th March 2008, 21:57
Well ,I just discovered something really awesome today... yep, you can DRESS up for the run! SO who dares to run in their (old, manky) helmet next year? Man that would be fun to watch!

But trhere were fairies and suoerheroes and a gaint caterpillar and you get clapped loudly if you have good dress-ups :sunny:

BTW, Ehab, I SAW you (hehehe)

Squiggles
16th March 2008, 22:09
53 minutes fer me...

kiwifruit
16th March 2008, 22:11
Some interesting costumes / characters out there today.... i dunno about doing it in a helmet tho hanne, have you tried running in a bike lid? It really is harder than you'd think

I had a great run, was over just as i started feeling good. Stoked with my finishing time, 42 min :third:

Cr1MiNaL
16th March 2008, 22:47
Some interesting costumes / characters out there today.... i dunno about doing it in a helmet tho hanne, have you tried running in a bike lid? It really is harder than you'd think

I had a great run, was over just as i started feeling good. Stoked with my finishing time, 42 min :third:

Meeeh 39 minutes for me and I stopped for water too ! :second:

Nagash
16th March 2008, 23:03
Anyone else get the Police report..?

New Zealand Police Alert 11:30am 16 Mar 2008 Auckland City

Location of incident: Auckland city

Incident type: Missing child

The parents of an eight year old girl lost sight of her at the 'Round the bays' run this morning at 1120am.Police are searching the area for her. She is described as a female Filipino girl .. aged 8.. wearing a white top and black pants.. last seen with a two wheel scooter.

Issued By: Sergeant Christopher Money

Not good..

jrandom
17th March 2008, 07:35
The evening TV news reported that the missing child has been found, so all is well there.

All I wanted to do was finish the run in under an hour, and I crossed the line and got scanned at 59:50, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

:sunny:

Weighed in on Saturday at 110kg :shit: so I had a bit more to haul around than you limber young 'uns...

Guess I best lay off the Racing Pies.

:weep:

Stickchick
17th March 2008, 07:52
Wooohoooo!!!! :wari: I actually completed the Round the bays. Ok, I walked it with some work mates but I have never in my lifetime even considered doing something like that so I'm quite proud I did it.

Apart from some massive blisters on the balls of my feet and a pulled muscle in the back of my leg, I had an absolute blast.:2thumbsup

Congrats to Kiwifruit and jrandom for their times too. I aspire to complete it next year with times like that.

Squiggles
17th March 2008, 12:59
My legs hurt :crybaby:

Sofa
17th March 2008, 14:13
My legs hurt :crybaby:

You ran?!!?

I really cant imagine you running Stephen...:shit:

HungusMaximist
17th March 2008, 14:47
Saw Stephen and Hanne at around the bays.

We had our scooters and you had your legs.

We win.

Squiggles
17th March 2008, 15:34
You ran?!!?

I really cant imagine you running Stephen...:shit:

i've been wincing walking up steps all day... :crybaby: