PDA

View Full Version : Big Dog comes out of the closet.......

Big Dog
26th November 2004, 12:34
Hi all, As the more observant will have noticed I have not posted for a while.

This is because I have been undergoing a transformation..... I am slowly coming to terms with being a.....a......a..... geek. :pinch: I have been studying during what was previously net time to be a techie.

With that in mind does anyone have any old bits for me and my study group to play with? Nics, cables, old monitors that you don't use, hard drives that you upgraded. Doesn't have to be good or even go.

Mostly just need to get inside some computers and have a go at this network stuff.

If so give me a holla on 021 0671734. :confused: ;)

vifferman
26th November 2004, 12:36
Good for you, BigDog! :niceone:

Hope it all goes well, and leads to some career advancement / job satisfaction.

Hitcher
26th November 2004, 12:58
Welcome back Pero Grande. I had wondered where you had been of late. I do notice people's absence, like White Trash and Zed...

Big Dog
26th November 2004, 13:07
Welcome back Pero Grande. I had wondered where you had been of late. I do notice people's absence, like White Trash and Zed...
Oh no you don't mean all the really high posters!!!

I noticed that early on in the peice, those who post too much either end up with nothing to say or no-one to say it too, cos their not talking to anyone. :bleh:

I tell you the full time worker and full time student thing sucks up a lot of time! It eats into my riding time too and that sucks!
When I aint at work or school, I'm studying. But it is fun and interesting.

jrandom
26th November 2004, 13:19
those who post too much either end up with nothing to say or no-one to say it to...

Hah! I'm still second on the list, passed only by wkid_one in post count, but I've never been on the top ten most-frequent posters... so BAH! Slow and steady does it...

Good to hear you're into something that'll hopefully turn up some new and interesting times, BD. I'll have a poke round and make some calls, I'm sure I can find some spare gear for your delectation.

Oh yes, and Zed's presumably doing the honourable thing and staying off a motorcycling forum while he doesn't have a bike, and the Trashman is just really busy and rather preoccupied for the time being, I suspect. We'll see WT's posts back with a vengeance soon enough, I'm sure...

Racey Rider
26th November 2004, 14:38
I think WT has gone to play on his own after realizing the truth in someones comment!
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=117933&postcount=13 :baby:

jrandom
26th November 2004, 14:57
I think WT has gone to play on his own after realizing the truth in someones comment!

Well, the same could apply to my own avatar. Are we supposed to re-photograph ourselves stunting every few weeks, holding a daily newspaper up the camera, to prove we haven't forgotten how?

And Trashy's got a gixer thou, now; do you really think he can't wheelie THAT?

Anyways, *I'll* have a new up-on-one pic with me and the Zeal for y'all in the next wee while, I 'spec.

Gixxer
26th November 2004, 16:23
Hi all, As the more observant will have noticed I have not posted for a while.

This is because I have been undergoing a transformation..... I am slowly coming to terms with being a.....a......a..... geek. :pinch: I have been studying during what was previously net time to be a techie.

With that in mind does anyone have any old bits for me and my study group to play with? Nics, cables, old monitors that you don't use, hard drives that you upgraded. Doesn't have to be good or even go.

Mostly just need to get inside some computers and have a go at this network stuff.

If so give me a holla on 021 0671734. :confused: ;)

Good on ya BD, it's a hard road finding the perfect switch.

If you had asked me before I moved to Oz, I had lots of junk I left @ my old place.

James Deuce
26th November 2004, 16:32

I spoke to him yesterday, and it's gone from quiet at work to fekking busy.

Big Dog, PM me your address and I'll box up some stuff and send it.

Racey Rider
26th November 2004, 17:33

Well if you see him again, tell him I'm still here,
pokin the stick! :Pokey:

What?
26th November 2004, 17:48
Welcome back Big Dog. We've missed your acerbic wit, though Scumdog and a couple of others have been helping out :msn-wink: :devil2:

Big Dog
29th November 2004, 16:35
Good on ya BD, it's a hard road finding the perfect switch.

If you had asked me before I moved to Oz, I had lots of junk I left @ my old place.
Didn't know you had left the building? <_< hope you are enjoying the drought , have you got a bike yet or do you need a lecture about priorities?

Big Dog
29th November 2004, 16:48
Ps Gixxer aka the punisher have you manage to learn aussie yet?
the only aussie I learnt was "fair fuck of the roo mate" = "I'm a kiwi lookin for a brawl". Used to best effect when said loudly to no one in particular on entry into a bar.

Two Smoker
29th November 2004, 17:01

Damn right he is, im still waiting for him to deliver my bike.....

Welcome back BD :niceone: you cunning wit has been missed.... sadly we have had to put up with JR's wit :weep:

marty
29th November 2004, 17:56
and hitchers' apostrophe correction's

James Deuce
29th November 2004, 18:03

Oh dear :)

Hitcher
30th November 2004, 07:46
Hmmm... [Finger twitches precariously above phaser "kill" setting]

Ghost Lemur
30th November 2004, 14:05
Hmmm... [Finger twitches precariously above phaser "kill" setting]

let me introduce you to my little friends...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

And here's a shirt (http://www.thinkgeek.com/pennyarcade/swag/6baf/) for ya too. :)

You are not alone.

Hitcher
30th November 2004, 14:10
let me introduce you to my little friends...
You are not alone.
The "Bad Boys of Punctuation". I like it!

Bags be Mr Ellipsis...

Ghost Lemur
30th November 2004, 18:12
The "Bad Boys of Punctuation". I like it!

Bags be Mr Ellipsis...

By special request, The Bad Boys of Punctuation...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030707l.jpg

Btw, for those that don't kow these are Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com) strips.

Big Dog
3rd December 2004, 09:47
Hmmmmmmmmm.

After several attempts the threadf has been successfully hijacked.

No surprise then on this board it was one of the big three,
Analy retentive punctuation,
Zealous religous fervour,
Police giving unwarranted tickets.

Disagree? Go On I dare you to prove those are not the most common hijacks!

Big Dog
3rd December 2004, 09:48
Ps attrocious spelling, grammar and punctuation are intentional irony. so you will just have to suffer in silnce cos i siad art meself :moon:

vifferman
3rd December 2004, 10:03
Hmmmmmmmmm.

After several attempts the threadf has been successfully hijacked.

No surprise then on this board it was one of the big three,
Analy retentive punctuation,
Zealous religous fervour,
Police giving unwarranted tickets.

Disagree? Go On I dare you to prove those are not the most common hijacks!So, eventually evolving to talking about beer doesn't count as a hijack? More sort of a measure of a thread's maturity, perhaps...