PDA

View Full Version : No Controlled Testing at Puke 01/03/08

Rick
29th February 2008, 10:24
Hi,

I've been talking to some other racers who we're going to head up this saturday (01 March 08) for some track time b4 the national round next weekend.

Please be aware this was mistakenly advertised on the website as open to anyone, they have now changed it to cars only who are entered for sundays racing...see link below. I spoke to the race track organisers yesterday and they have confirmed this.

http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/motor-racing/?contentid=13&searchtype=&month=3&year=2008&bookingtypeid=

Hoon
29th February 2008, 10:50
Arrrgg!!! Bugger I was going too. Thanks for the heads up. You saved me $40 gas and the entire morning!

Damn I skipped last weekend because it was raining thinking I can just go tomorrow. Might just throw a sickie for Fri 14th Mar instead :)

HDTboy
29th February 2008, 10:54
GAY! Thanks for the warning.

k14
29th February 2008, 15:41
Arrrgg!!! Bugger I was going too. Thanks for the heads up. You saved me $40 gas and the entire morning!

Damn I skipped last weekend because it was raining thinking I can just go tomorrow. Might just throw a sickie for Fri 14th Mar instead :)
Nah throw it next friday and come practice with the big boys :2thumbsup

FROSTY
29th February 2008, 20:35
Nah throw it next friday and come practice with the big boys :2thumbsup
Dude is it open track time or controlled testing on friday?--Ie I thought it was nat entrees only

k14
29th February 2008, 21:01
Dude is it open track time or controlled testing on friday?--Ie I thought it was nat entrees only
Dunno to be honest. If you ring up someone from amcc you might be able to find out. But I'm pretty sure if you pay your money there is no problem in riding?

Tim 39
29th February 2008, 21:51
if it's run like last year there will be classes in the practice day, and I'm sure if you're another paying rider they'll happily take your money off ya

HDTboy
29th February 2008, 22:10
Frosty, I got time on the track at invercargil, and I haven't even renewed my licence this year

FROSTY
1st March 2008, 10:07
Well looks like we diddn't miss much--if Pukie is anything like here
rain n more rain

Firefight
1st March 2008, 11:48
pissing down:cold::cold:

F/F

Cleve
1st March 2008, 12:06
Is this the beginning of the end for Puke and bikes. God I hope so...

R6_kid
2nd March 2008, 09:06

Bring on Hampton Downs! :Punk:

Tim 39
2nd March 2008, 11:55
pukie is a good fun track to ride, but has its draw backs i.e lack of safety measures and relatively poor facilities. I'm not sure what the hampton downs track will be like but the new trend for tracks seems to be slower speed (less fun for me)

Firefight
2nd March 2008, 14:24
Bring on Hampton Downs! :Punk:

how much do you think you will be paying to ride there G ?

F/F

Kickaha
2nd March 2008, 15:27

I'd be happy to see Puke gone as well so long as Hampton downs isn't a lot more expensive to use, and if they want the events there they'd be silly to make it much more expensive than other NI tracks or the events would go elsewhere

I'd be happy to have Taupo as a National round quite simply as it's a few hours less travel than Puke and it's a more interesting track

boostin
2nd March 2008, 16:06
The costs to hire Hampton Downs are up on the website. These are aparently similar to Taupo. They are also for 2009 bookings made in 2008, so may go up slightly when it opens up proper ?