PDA

View Full Version : Wellington Bucket Racing

Slingshot
29th February 2008, 12:53
Hi all,

Last year, lots of KBers wanted to come and have a look at the Bucket racing here in Wellington but missed it because the threads about it were buried in the Race forum, so...I thought I'd post it here:

SCS Bucket & Motard Racing at Slipway, Brooklyn, Wellington - 2 March

Venue: Slipway Driving Facility, Long Valley, Brooklyn, Wellington

Directions: Signposted from the end of Ashton Fitchett Dr, Brooklyn Drive past wind turbine and watch for gravel road on right. (gate is not locked).

Would be great to see you there!

MIXONE
29th February 2008, 12:56
What time is kickoff?

Trudes
29th February 2008, 12:56
Pamela, my brolly dolly and I will be there. We took a drive up as far as the windmill last night, interesting wee road, got a bit lost trying to find it, but all will be well Sunday. Hope to see a bunch of you there (no laughing... well, ok, but just a little ok!);)

Str8 Jacket
29th February 2008, 13:00
Also be aware that once you are past the gate at the windmill most of the road is dirt and gravel. I have ridden the A100 over there before a while ago and it was very fun in an interesting way.....

Slingshot
29th February 2008, 13:08
What time is kickoff?

The track opens at midday but there'll be people there from probably around 10:30-11ish getting set up, tweaking their highly modified racing machines & generally talking shit.

madmal64
29th February 2008, 13:16
I will be there. Looking forward to really getting inspired about completing my bucket for the next event at the end of the month!
Hope pick up some build tips & ideas from the crew around there on Sunday.
See ya Sunday!

MIXONE
29th February 2008, 13:54
generally talking shit.

Talking shit now that's one thing I am good at.:yeah::first:

Kendog
29th February 2008, 19:04
Pamela, my brolly dolly and I will be there. We took a drive up as far as the windmill last night, interesting wee road, got a bit lost trying to find it, but all will be well Sunday. Hope to see a bunch of you there (no laughing... well, ok, but just a little ok!);)

I will be there as well taking pictures (trying hard to pretend the brolly dolly comment was not directed at me)

Slingshot
29th February 2008, 19:50
Weather forecast for Sunday is looking promising too:

Rain clearing, becoming fine. Northerlies easing.

gummibear
29th February 2008, 20:49
What time does it go on till? I live very close, hopefully I can hike up a have a look-see at the racing but i'm busy most of the day.

Slingshot
29th February 2008, 21:15
What time does it go on till? I live very close, hopefully I can hike up a have a look-see at the racing but i'm busy most of the day.

Normally finishes up at around 4pm (ish)

Str8 Jacket
29th February 2008, 21:53
I will be there as well taking pictures (trying hard to pretend the brolly dolly comment was not directed at me)

I'll be Trudes Brolly Dolly if ya like..... I could wear a short skirt and pretend to be a girl for the day! :blink:

Trudes
29th February 2008, 21:57
I'll be Trudes Brolly Dolly if ya like..... I could wear a short skirt and pretend to be a girl for the day! :blink:

Nige says "you're on", I think he just wants to see ya in a skirt.

Str8 Jacket
29th February 2008, 21:58
Nige says "you're on", I think he just wants to see ya in a skirt.

How's about I be your brolly dolly without the skirt? :yes:

Trudes
29th February 2008, 22:03
How's about I be your brolly dolly without the skirt? :yes:

Togs, togs, togs.... undies.... undies undies undies.
Put some bloody pants on Hels!!

Kendog
29th February 2008, 22:16

Be warned, I said I am bringing a camera.

Str8 Jacket
1st March 2008, 11:51
Be warned, I said I am bringing a camera.

Bring that anywhere near me mate and I will not be responsible for my actions.... :girlfight:

You can be safe in the knowledge that I will not be wearing a skirt! See ya guy's there! Im really looking forward to it despite not having a bike sorted yet! :D

Number One
1st March 2008, 12:57
gawsh...it's time I tried those leathers on again and see if I have shrunk ma butt enough to get into them...wish me luck:bye:

Number One
1st March 2008, 13:29
gawsh...it's time I tried those leathers on again and see if I have shrunk ma butt enough to get into them...wish me luck:bye:

:first: I have managed to shrunk ma butt reealll good. Leathers fit great - just the usual baggy man crutch going on but heaps of space sitting here in them softening them up a bit...oh crikey what have I gotten myself into? :shutup::sunny:

Southmotian
1st March 2008, 18:57
Does anyone know the rules for motard? I can't find them anywhere.

Is there any cc limit like buckets?

Cheers

bungbung
1st March 2008, 19:00
No limit for motards at the slipway, it's not a mnz event.

Str8 Jacket
1st March 2008, 19:12
Does anyone know the rules for motard? I can't find them anywhere.

Is there any cc limit like buckets?

Cheers

Hey Matt, you coming along? You should, you'll have a blast!

Southmotian
1st March 2008, 19:23
Hey Matt, you coming along? You should, you'll have a blast!

Probably, I was going to go to manfield but looks like it might be a bit wet. This is nice and handy too. What is the track like, really tight and slow or fairly open? Compared to Kaitoki track? The bike is geared really high at the moment for road.

Str8 Jacket
1st March 2008, 19:31
Probably, I was going to go to manfield but looks like it might be a bit wet. This is nice and handy too. What is the track like, really tight and slow or fairly open? Compared to Kaitoki track? The bike is geared really high at the moment for road.

Never been to Kaitoke.... its quite tight (gigiddy, gigiddy!). Its like a go kart track but its in the middle of nowhere, its very cool, come along, you'll love it!

bungbung
1st March 2008, 19:34
It's way tighter than Kaitoke, and smaller. Buckets are doing 30 sec laps.
Search youtube for slipway, there are lots of videos up.

Slingshot
1st March 2008, 19:36
Here's a vid of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4RFBos4l4

Fatjim
1st March 2008, 22:29
Bring that anywhere near me mate and I will not be responsible for my actions.... :girlfight:

You can be safe in the knowledge that I will not be wearing a skirt! See ya guy's there! Im really looking forward to it despite not having a bike sorted yet! :D

Its been a week of firsts Helen.

You went 20 minutes without saying anything the other day, after that I'd not be suprised to see you in lycra.

Str8 Jacket
2nd March 2008, 07:04
Its been a week of firsts Helen.

You went 20 minutes without saying anything the other day, after that I'd not be suprised to see you in lycra.

I tried to rep you but ive gotta spread the love. so here goes..... :shake:

:p

Slingshot
2nd March 2008, 08:29
The sun is shining!!

It's going to be an awesome day!!

If you're planning on coming up for a look, bring ya gears and you're welcome to take my bucket (Frankie) out for a couple of laps.

Come and say hi, Frankie is #41 and is bright red so she's hard to miss.

See you there!

Number One
2nd March 2008, 08:45
Bugger. :bye:

The little one is very resistant to going to watch the motorbikes today. Will come up late to have a pootle round after all the serious stuff is done. :scooter:

In operation arrange baby sitter for future rounds as we speak! :yes:

Enjoy the day, can't wait to get up there and see yal in action and have a turn myself. :sunny:

Slingshot
2nd March 2008, 08:47

The little one is very resistant to going to watch the motorbikes today. Will come up late to have a pootle round after all the serious stuff is done. :scooter:

Enjoy the day, can't wait to get up there and see yal in action and have a turn myself. :sunny:

Just don't tell him where you're going :) He'll love it when he gets there.

Fatjim
2nd March 2008, 09:03

I think a baby may put off some of the ladies from the serious stuff of racing.

Hard to ride while your making chicken noises.

Number One
2nd March 2008, 09:06
I think a baby may put off some of the ladies from the serious stuff of racing.

Hard to ride while your making chicken noises.

Clucky moi?! Shit no!

I have a four year old :shifty:

Fatjim
2nd March 2008, 09:07
Clucky moi?! Shit no!

I have a four year old :shifty:

He's four???? Leave him at home.

Number One
2nd March 2008, 09:10
He's four???? Leave him at home.

True that. The wash house is secure after all:rolleyes:

Number One
2nd March 2008, 16:29
Managed to get there in the end and had three good goes around and around.

First time was pitiful and tragic but then I slowly got used to how the bike felt and well I just lurve it! Third go round I was really starting to get into it and fark I was havin some heavy duty fun even if I was hilarious to watch :yes: Why the heck did I take so long to give this a go?

Anyway thanks heaps to Slingshot, Fatjim and his lovely wife and a big shout out to their lovely daughter Katie. Watch out Katie, after one afternoon in your presence my Ryan is in love! He told me you were his girlfriend on the way home...don't fret too much though, he's only 4 so you could definitely out run him if you needed to :sunny:

Looking forward to next round. I'll be there mixing it up with the learners and going round and round and round and round.

Even gonna get my pink race shirt now too Trudes and I have some stupid pink shit of my own in mind too so you won't be alone with your helmet adornements :shutup: :scooter:

Thanks everyone that was great and heaps of fun - even if it was only for a few hours. Now where can I get me a good babysitter for next round.....

Fatjim
2nd March 2008, 17:41
Thanks to those who gave me a go, and thanks to for the offers from others. I had a ball untill Hels was about to lap me. so much so that the hope is for a rematch on my own wheels in the near future. Team Big End is born.

Oh, and I've taught Katie how to deal with those boyfriend types.

Pussy
2nd March 2008, 17:48
True that. The wash house is secure after all:rolleyes:

No worries! Get him a box of Steinlager, a carton of Rothmans, some pies and some bike magazines and he'll be fine :niceone:

Trudes
2nd March 2008, 17:52
That was SOO much fun, bring on the next one!!!:woohoo:

bungbung
2nd March 2008, 19:38
Photos posted in the racing sub-forum: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=68515&goto=newpost

Str8 Jacket
2nd March 2008, 19:40
That was SOO much fun, bring on the next one!!!:woohoo:

Fuck Yeah! :banana: