PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU PAUL AND VICKI!!!

Ms Piggy
28th November 2004, 08:25
It was such a great night, I thought it would be a good idea to express thanks in a sperate posting.

Great too meet some new people and get to hop on a few bikes - oooooooo aahhhhhhh :love: That Agusta Brutale fits me and so did the Marauder.

As for the handcuffs...all Stonechuckers idea I assure you all! I'm just not that sorta girl :devil2:

Thanks for being such gracious hosts Paul and Vicki and opening you home to us lot. :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Sorry we had to leave quite earlier Tony - my ride back to Wgtn had, had a very looooong day, and a long day and not being able to drink is horrid!

dhunt
28th November 2004, 16:14
Yes - Thank you very much Paul and Vicki for hosting the event :2thumbsup :first: . Had a great time and Thanks very much for letting crash at your place.

It was nice meeting a few new faces - Was quite interesting as what you imagined people to be like was often not remotely like the real person.

Hitcher
28th November 2004, 16:24
What she said!

Paul and Vicki, you did us proud with amazing hospitality, genial company and a purpose-built venue! We enjoyed ourselves greatly.

It was also good to put some faces to names (and handles) and realise that behind a few on-line personas are some really nice people!

We got wet riding home, but hey, what the heck!

There's still the offer of a house in Ngaio...

Kindest regards -- Mrs H and Hitcher

MrMelon
28th November 2004, 16:40
Yeah thanks for the bbq, it was good seeing everyone there.

I got a bit wet on the way back, but Ruth got soaked.. yay for riding pillion! hah :)

Skunk
28th November 2004, 18:07
Paul and Vicki - BRILLIANT hosts. Thank you very much. :Punk:

Pity we had to leave before Frosty got there though...

Never got wet, and I did take a bike - it was right behind me all the way there and back! :)

Having met some of you I think I'll stay on to met again...

MD
28th November 2004, 18:13
Cheers Paul & Vicki. Had to drag my Kids away from your place,.They wanted to be last to leave which sums up how good it was. You realise no one will dare offer a follow up after seeing your section! Unless Maggie Barrie (whats ever her name is) gives my place a makeover, I'm not competing with that. To quote Jimbo "I felt like taking my shoes off before walking on the lawn". Great to put more faces to web-names
MD

Hitcher
28th November 2004, 19:12
Pity we had to leave before Frosty got there though...
Did the Frosty one ever make an appearance?

Paul in NZ
28th November 2004, 19:25
Hi Folks

Honestly, you were all welcome and we really enjoyed having you here. Thanks for all those that pitched in and bought BBQ's and the Yoshie for cookin' up a storm.... Mrs Mangel6 (and daughter) for kitchen support and.. Aw heck. You were all great!

The man at the recycling place has reported me to AA....

We have just dropped XJ/Frosty and Baby Bikie at the airport and had a very cool and groovy day at both the Raumati beach playground and Te Papa with them... Excellent way to disperse a hang over...

Frosty did make the hill but alas it was in the car. NOT an excellent thing to do WITH a hang over...

By the time we got to bed last night I was well and truely awash with beer and sun. An excellent way to be but man we were pooped! Sorry if we missed seeing anyone off or made LESS sense than normal...

Paul and Vicki

NC
28th November 2004, 19:32
Yeah thanks for the bbq, it was good seeing everyone there.

I got a bit wet on the way back, but Ruth got soaked.. yay for riding pillion! hah :)
:Pokey: Oh your a sweety <_<

:D

NC
28th November 2004, 19:33
Thanks Paul and Viki :D

:niceone:

Storm
28th November 2004, 19:39
Cheers for a great night Paul and Vicki. Pity I couldnt stay later and hear some more good stories as the booze loosened toungues

Hitcher
28th November 2004, 19:43
booze loosened toungues
Boozed biker toungue action... The mind boggles!

NC
28th November 2004, 19:52
Boozed biker toungue action... The mind boggles!
I can't wait for the Chinese whispers...
Purple monkey bath tub...

Nice to meet yah, Hitch :niceone:

Hitcher
28th November 2004, 19:55
Nice to meet yah, Hitch
And you too!

Her_C4
28th November 2004, 20:21
It was such a great night, I thought it would be a good idea to express thanks in a sperate posting.

Great too meet some new people and get to hop on a few bikes - oooooooo aahhhhhhh :love: That Agusta Brutale fits me and so did the Marauder.

Yeah - what she said!!!! :doobey:

Really great of you to open your house to us all us larrikins (aka a really good bunch of people :2thumbsup ) and I too had a really good night, catching up with people that I had met previously as well as meeting new ones.

Thanks! :rockon:

StoneChucker
28th November 2004, 20:59
I only got there as the sun was setting, the alcohol intake increasing and the handcuff action taking off, but I enjoyed it all the same. I left about 60 to 90 min later, so didn't stay long, but did get to meet Tony. I WILL mail you those death sli, I mean knee sliders. PM me your address bud :) (Sorry I didn't make the airport like I said, got tied up on a very enjoyable ride around Gladstone after the sprints).

Joni, dit was wonderlik om jou te sien, en ek hoop dat ons kan koffee he na die beste koffee winkle in NZ, in Martinborough, wanneer jy kom bly in Welly :) Jy kan ook sien dat my Afrikaans is baie swak, en my eerste taal is Engels :blah:

Her B4, if you were wondering, it was myself and Bruce (VTWIN) sitting at the table outside Flying Fish in Martinborough, waving at you, incase you didn't know who the bafoons were :blah: (Sunday arvo)

As you know I am a man of few words, but thats fitting since my gratitude is inexplicable :msn-wink: Looking forward to attending more of the next one.

Dave.

FROSTY
28th November 2004, 21:06
Well all I can say is --Jeeez you welly pikers.... The party animal of the night was---wait for it --yep Baby Bikie--at about 1 am Paul was making sloshing noises from the booze reaching his back teeth but lil baby bikie--He just wanted to keep on partying down.
It was bloody cool to put faces to names -even if my BO scared orf those remaining souls at about 10pm ish.
I think I said gidday to jaz, celtic,-both no6 and sea lilly. spud, bundabug and a bunch of other folks.
Me and baby Bikie had a bloody great day thanks to the hospitality of Paul and his lovely wife. Um actually BB wanted to take her back with me.
The rimatukas are good but guys that bloody great trench in the middle halfway up--bloody scarey.
Now bugger me if on the same plane as me was Joni and sitting right next to us was SP man --wots the chances??
Again thanks a Million paul It was great.

Jamezo
28th November 2004, 21:15
Double post!

Jamezo
28th November 2004, 21:16
Her_B4: Did me and Madcat see you coming up the main road this morning at 9:50 or so? At least it was a nice 748, I didn't get a chance to see how short the rider was! So I couldn't positively identify them...

(no, those dorks not have a monopoly on the precious elipsis, it's been such a special part of my internet vocabulary...)

riffer
28th November 2004, 21:50
Yes good to catch up too Frosty after all this time, even if it meant dicing with death on the home front to do so. :o (at least I'm allowed in now - although definitely not forgiven...)

Hopefully next time we'll catch up for a bit longer. Nice to meet the people I hadn't met before - Hitcher, Joni, dhunt, jazbug, Stonechucker, NC30_chick - as well as those I already know.

Not sure what you mean about ditches on the takas though Frosty - seemed all right to me over them this morning - but I was concentrating on avoiding the oily wet patches I must admit. It's always been a dodgy road but that's part of its appeal - if it was smooth any idiot could get over them quickly ;)

Joni
29th November 2004, 06:34
Yes... Thanks to Paul and Vikki for a great evening...
Was amazing to meet some of the people who have made me giggle over the last few months: - Hitcher, Celtic#6, CSL, Jaz, Storm, Dave .... I cant even mention everyone... you guys are great!!!

NC30 & Mr Melon! :spudwave:

See you all soon!

:)

FROSTY
29th November 2004, 07:04
[QUOTE=celticno6]Yes good to catch up too Frosty after all this time, even if it meant dicing with death on the home front to do so. :o (at least I'm allowed in now - although definitely not forgiven...)
Wot can i say to that dude -That couch i'm told is bloody comfy -Be nice to her and all will be good :Oops:

QUOTE]

F5 Dave
29th November 2004, 09:54
Damn I hate missing a party! :argh: Was riding to be done though.

svs
29th November 2004, 10:22
just adding my name to the multitudes of thanks ......

Ms Piggy
29th November 2004, 10:34
Yes... Thanks to Paul and Vikki for a great evening...
Was amazing to meet some of the people who have made me giggle over the last few months: - Hitcher, Celtic#6, CSL, Jaz, Storm, Dave .... I cant even mention everyone... you guys are great!!!

NC30 & Mr Melon! :spudwave:

See you all soon!

:)
Great to see you too Joanne & Frosty too - even though he arrived sooooooooooooooo late. :shifty:

See you all real soon I hope!

MOTOXXX
29th November 2004, 12:02
good to meet a lot of u and put some names to the faces.
paul and vicky were awsome to say the least.

i must have left before all the dodgy stuff started to go down :laugh:

FROSTY
29th November 2004, 13:25
I think the dodgiest was a certain celtic type lady telling a 5 year olds dad -" I think He likes me" then 5 minutes later being handcuffed to him saying come with me little boy--hmm darn dodgy that :devil2: :devil2:

mangell6
29th November 2004, 18:53
And I have the photographic evidence of the conversation taking place . . . . .

MOTOXXX
29th November 2004, 19:49
ya gotta love cameras and alcohol. so many blackmail opportunities and so little memory

the yoshie
29th November 2004, 20:00
A big thanks to you Paul And Vicki. It was a wonderful night if you need bbq anytime look me up. thanks again guys. pm me on your next ride. :soon:

Her_C4
29th November 2004, 20:37
Her B4, if you were wondering, it was myself and Bruce (VTWIN) sitting at the table outside Flying Fish in Martinborough, waving at you, incase you didn't know who the bafoons were :blah: (Sunday arvo) Dave.

Hey SC - it took me a while but I realise who you were as I pulled away..the fact that you waved and that VTWIN was wearing the KB T-shirt helped!!! I had a second look but it was too late to wave :wavey:

Her_B4: Did me and Madcat see you coming up the main road this morning at 9:50 or so? At least it was a nice 748, I didn't get a chance to see how short the rider was! So I couldn't positively identify them... .

Could well indeed have been me on my way up and over the hill... :ride: turned out to be rather a nice ride actually :Punk: