PDA

View Full Version : If you have a car and bike licence?

goodguy8
2nd March 2008, 11:55
Hi, im really interested to know if you get disqualified for driving a car, would that include bike aswell? because i understand they "take your licence off you".. just not sure if just one or both.. Cheers.. :Police::confused::oi-grr:

DEATH_INC.
2nd March 2008, 11:56
If you loose yer licence, you loose all of 'em, no matter how many classes you hold....

McDuck
2nd March 2008, 12:09
Yep and if the cort says one year and one day then you have to start all over again. for all of them.

Including any endorsements like chemical, steel tyre etc. I know a guy who had class 1,2,3,4 and 6, with hazardous chemical endorsement and a p endorsement. got pinked for DUI and now has to start again for everything as well as a 7pm curfew.

scumdog
2nd March 2008, 12:17
"Disqualified from holding or obtaining a drivers licence"? - it cover the lot, all of 'em, the whole enchilada.

Bikes
Cars
Bulldozers

everything

Usarka
2nd March 2008, 13:07
Steamrollers?

Motu
2nd March 2008, 14:11
"Disqualified from holding or obtaining a drivers licence"? - it cover the lot, all of 'em, the whole enchilada.

lyk that is just so unfare man just because i kill somone in mi car y shood i lose mi byk lisinse im not going to kill any 1 on mi byk

homer
2nd March 2008, 15:01
And i get told i need a spell checker and to use punctuation

Fuck me

slopster
2nd March 2008, 15:29
Have you got two licences? Because I've just got one with a few different numbers written at the bottom.

kevfromcoro
2nd March 2008, 17:14
Steamrollers?

what about your marrage liecence
do you loose that too??

FJRider
2nd March 2008, 17:29
what about your marrage liecence
do you loose that too??

In some cases ...THAT DOES OCCUR... although not court ordered

FJRider
2nd March 2008, 17:33
lyk that is just so unfare man just because i kill somone in mi car y shood i lose mi byk lisinse im not going to kill any 1 on mi byk

sew hal meny peepole hav ewe kiled soo fa

goodguy8
2nd March 2008, 17:41
Cheers guys for all your comments, i gotta car full and motorbike learners. i ride a chopped vx800. New to kiwibiker stuff..So yeah.. dont wanna loose :crybaby::no::Police::oi-grr:

Titanium
2nd March 2008, 17:49
What if you hold a current NZ drivers license and a valid international license (like VIC in Oz) do you (can you) lose both?

goodguy8
2nd March 2008, 17:51
What if you hold a current NZ drivers license and a valid international license (like VIC in Oz) do you (can you) lose both?

good question mate.. i highly doubt nz :Police: have power to take a foreign licence from ya.. im sure someone can answer that for ya..:eek::eek:

Mikkel
2nd March 2008, 17:51
Yep and if the cort says one year and one day then you have to start all over again. for all of them.

Including any endorsements like chemical, steel tyre etc. I know a guy who had class 1,2,3,4 and 6, with hazardous chemical endorsement and a p endorsement. got pinked for DUI and now has to start again for everything as well as a 7pm curfew.

I'm pretty sure you just have to sit your tests again - you don't start back on learners...

Sounds rather weird to me!

They can definately not revoke a license issued in another country - at least not without going through diplomatic channels! I guess they can issue you with a disqualification from driving in NZ on your overseas license...

FJRider
2nd March 2008, 17:57

Bikes
Cars
Bulldozers

everything

If memory serves... DRIVING WHILE FORBIDDEN TO DO SO covers it...but your welcome to try...let us know how you get on.
Losing your licence is like breaking BOTH arms...you soon find out WHO your friends ARE !!!

slopster
2nd March 2008, 17:59

As I had it explained to me by a cop. No such thing as an international licence it is an international driving permit and it is used in conjunction with your normal licence to prove that the other licence is real. (Because your average NZ cop doesn't know what a licence is supposed to look like from Ireland, New York or Japan etc). Apparantly you can't use them on their own.

FJRider
2nd March 2008, 18:05
I'm pretty sure you just have to sit your tests again - you don't start back on learners...

Sounds rather weird to me!

New Zealand LAWS...think about it...WEIRD or not, its true. Learners...restricted etc ...FROM THE VERY BEGINING... Just llike a 15 year old kid

Titanium
2nd March 2008, 18:11
As I had it explained to me by a cop. No such thing as an international licence it is an international driving permit and it is used in conjunction with your normal licence to prove that the other licence is real. (Because your average NZ cop doesn't know what a licence is supposed to look like from Ireland, New York or Japan etc). Apparantly you can't use them on their own.

err .. I currently hold a valid Drivers License in the state of Victoria, Australia and a current New Zealand Drivers license. I was not talking about an international permit.

I can drive in Victoria for 3 months on a New Zealand drivers license and in New Zealand for 12 months on a valid international drivers license.

The attached factsheet actually answers my question. http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/factsheets/56.html

But I guess only if you declare you have an international license . . . . .

FJRider
2nd March 2008, 21:22
If you lose your NZ licence, dont drive vehicles REGISTERED to you, talk about waving red flags...

Mikkel
2nd March 2008, 21:58
New Zealand LAWS...think about it...WEIRD or not, its true. Learners...restricted etc ...FROM THE VERY BEGINING... Just llike a 15 year old kid

Yeah, I guess when you put it that way it makes perfect sense... in a way. ;)

Better not get disqualified then.

Banesto John
3rd March 2008, 17:39
Just my (possibly educated) view.

The NZ court can disqualify you from holding or obtaining a license to drive in NZ. The Victorian license can't be taken away as it was issued by Victoria.

What the court order does do, though, is take away your right to drive in NZ on your Victoria license.

You can go home to Victoria and still drive, as a NZ court order has no effect in Victoria, but don't expect your Victoria license to let you drive in NZ contrary to a NZ court order, coz it don't.

So there.

But then, if you lose your license in NZ, maybe there was a reason for it, and you should just take it on the chin.

Just my view.

NZ court orders also count against International Permits, so when da judge sez you can't dribve in NZ, he mean U can't drive in NZ, period.