PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Surfing

Holy Roller
28th November 2004, 23:25
Not often there are so many folks loged on at this time. New Job with internet connected, equipment down due to busted bolt, five minute fix but have to wait for a fitter. At least KB can keep me entertained for awhile at least. :wait:

750Y
29th November 2004, 07:02
oh blast! i thought this was going to be a thread about late night surfing but it's actually about sitiing at a pc browsing the internet 8-(.
why they ever gave it the name of surfing i'll never know.
anyway, I have surfed(on a board) at midnight a few times(jaws theme in the background) it is a very cool experience 8-).

Holy Roller
29th November 2004, 10:45
I have surfed(on a board) at midnight a few times(jaws theme in the background) it is a very cool experience 8-).
Way cool Waipu Cove is an awesome place to surf (or try to) at night. Though stepping on a flounder sure makes one want to check their pants :o

vifferman
29th November 2004, 10:53
Way cool Waipu Cove is an awesome place to surf (or try to) at night. Though stepping on a flounder sure makes one want to check their pants :oI had a large paddle crab latch onto my toe last time I swam at Waipu Cove. That gave me a hell of a fright (and a lacerated toe...)

StoneChucker
1st December 2004, 22:56
I don't do the beach thing. Too many bloody critters that'll kill ya (sharks, box jellyfish, whatnott). Don't think I've been in the ocean for at least 10 years.

spudchucka
1st December 2004, 23:18
I was windsurfing at Alva beach, between Townsville and MacKay about 14 years ago, I jumped a wave heading out over the bar, was a good 10 - 15 feet in the air, started coming down again and looked to spot a landing .............what do I see????? About 6 - 8 big black fins sticking out of the murky water :eek: :eek: :eek: . I freaked out and landed in a heap only a few metres away from them and then practically walked on water getting back on my board. As I got going again the things the fins belonged to swam past me...........Manta rays!!! I was so relieved, still had to sail in and take a number of very deep breaths before venturing out again.

inlinefour
17th December 2004, 01:34
Not often there are so many folks loged on at this time. New Job with internet connected, equipment down due to busted bolt, five minute fix but have to wait for a fitter. At least KB can keep me entertained for awhile at least. :wait:

Not a patient awake, all paper work done, good to have that www to cruise, but yet again I return to the same haunts...

Skunk
17th December 2004, 06:56
I don't do the beach thing. Too many bloody critters that'll kill ya (sharks, box jellyfish, whatnott). Don't think I've been in the ocean for at least 10 years.That explains the smell... :killingme