PDA

View Full Version : MB50 tank

xr-rider
2nd March 2008, 21:05
Hi all.
I need a tank for my Honda MB50 bucket racer. Does anyone have one? will pay up to $40.
I also need a set of bars for it. might try a set of BMX bars but if anyone has clubman bars they dont need could you please let me know.

F5 Dave
3rd March 2008, 11:49
$40? that's very generous of you:rolleyes:. Not much will fit the MB as they came with a combined seat tank unit & the frame won't accept a saddlebag tank most bikes take. I made up a tank for my old MB from an Ally RM125, cut it down & the bottom out of it & got it welded as a flat. Of course 15 years later the classic VMX guys would lynch me, but back then they were just old junk.

Still have it too. Sadly for you I've just arranged to sell it to AJ. Best you find a small container & put a fuel tap on it then rig up a seat of some sort.

TZ350
5th June 2008, 19:52
MB50 MB100 are they the same? I have one but not sure if its off a 50 or 100. Let me know if you still need one.

speedpro
5th June 2008, 20:39
Pretty sure you can swap bars but you need the top triple clamp as well. They could be a bit high for a bucket racer though, not that you want them too low. It's been a while and I might be wrong. You could try to find, or build , clamps that bolt to the top triple clamp that you would put the handlebars in.

Dances With Poultry
12th June 2008, 09:57
MB50 MB100 are they the same? I have one but not sure if its off a 50 or 100. Let me know if you still need one.

MB100 and MB50 tanks are very different. MB100 is like a normal tank, MB50 is a long skinny thing, made of the heaviest steel they could find, that is a combined seat and tank. It's nearly as long as the whole fekkin bike.

Cheers,

The Chicken Cha-Cha

xr-rider
18th June 2008, 20:41

Got one thanks. a CB125 tank fits nearly perfect

xr-rider
18th June 2008, 20:43
Pretty sure you can swap bars but you need the top triple clamp as well. They could be a bit high for a bucket racer though, not that you want them too low. It's been a while and I might be wrong. You could try to find, or build , clamps that bolt to the top triple clamp that you would put the handlebars in.

I am now using top of the line, world class bars. they are Giant Boulder mountain bike bars, i've go a perfect bend on both sides now thanks to a few crashes

nudemetalz
18th June 2008, 23:33
You bringing your XR out again on the 29th?

xr-rider
19th June 2008, 18:46
You bringing your XR out again on the 29th?

Na, can't be bothered changing the tires and don't have the money to ride to classes, also selling it so better not wreck it before then

nudemetalz
20th June 2008, 08:58
Fair enough. Pity as I thought the motard class was starting to build up.

koba
20th June 2008, 13:00

Im trying to get a few mates with potental motardable bike out there.

xr-rider
21st June 2008, 20:50

When i get my new bike i will probably take it into the last round and the 1 hour endurance race