PDA

View Full Version : Man killed motorcyclist who followed daughters

Radar
3rd March 2008, 07:41
Georgia USA - Two daughters called their father to say they were being followed. Dad was waiting with a pistol. Read about it here:
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/stories/2008/02/27/motorcyclist_0227.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newsta b

:eek5: Shiite! The last time I was in the States I was warned never to eyeball anyone in another car when stopped at the lights. If we ever bike in the USA I guess its bullet proof armour under our Cordura jackets!

HornetBoy
3rd March 2008, 07:50
Georgia USA - Two daughters called their father to say they were being followed. Dad was waiting with a pistol. Read about it here:
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/stories/2008/02/27/motorcyclist_0227.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newsta b

:eek5: Shiite! The last time I was in the States I was warned never to eyeball anyone in another car when stopped at the lights. If we ever bike in the USA I guess its bullet proof armour under our Cordura jackets!

LOL only in America I guess ;)

Bikernereid
3rd March 2008, 08:06
My ass. Bloody stupid yanks, shoot first get the truth after.

pyrocam
3rd March 2008, 13:27
I just read this on another forum, yee-owch

one of the posts,

I got a call from a life long friend yesterday. I've known this woman since we were 5 years old. Our parents were best friends. She's married to a great guy and has three sons, two of which have finished high school and are in the working world.

It seems her middle son left work yesterday, walked out to the parking lot, and jumped on his motorcycle to leave. He cruised down the lane in the parking lot, and another car with a couple of teenaged girls cut across the parking lot and entered the lane right in front of this kid. He locks up the bike, and hits the door with his tire. Words are exchanged. Everybody gets angry. Rude gestures are displayed. The car cuts its wheels, and knocks the bike and rider over. He gets pissed and follows the car. The car heads for home. The girls in the car call Dad on the cell and say someone is following them. They arrive at their house, and Dad is in the driveway with a gun. The kid rides by, turns around and rides past again. Dad shoots 3 times, striking the kid in the back and kills him. Claims it was self defense!

but this is the internet, salt pls

EJK
3rd March 2008, 13:30
My ass. Bloody stupid yanks, shoot first get the truth after.

It's American translation for "Oops!" ;)

YellowDog
3rd March 2008, 13:38
It's American translation for "Oops!" ;)
They were probably friendly bullets and didn't hurt much.

I was working with an American (when I used to have a job). He came from a miltary background and very much favoured the 'Destroy any potential threat before it might become one' approach.

Still, it's unfair to tar all American's with the same 'Cow Boys & Indians' mentality brush.

Look at George Bush..................................

Finn
3rd March 2008, 13:40
They were probably friendly bullets and didn't hurt much.

I was working with an American (when I used to have a job). He came from a miltary background and very much favoured the 'Destroy any potential threat before it might become one' approach.

Still, it's unfair to tar all American's with the same 'Cow Boys & Indians' mentality brush.

Look at George Bush..................................

In NZ, the shooter would be the victim.

MIXONE
3rd March 2008, 13:42
If it's got wheels or tits it will give you trouble.:yes:

Livvy
6th March 2008, 13:24
If it's got wheels or tits it will give you trouble.:yes:
Put them together and you've got bullets in your back too by the sound of it.

Pisses me off that "Daddy" didn't try to talk to the guy, but I doubt the girls thought he'd go shooting at the guy either. They were probably genuinely scared, I wouldn't blame them either if they had been arguing earlier in the car park and he'd then followed them home. Most people will avoid potentially violent situations and if he'd acted angrily in the car park they might have thought it would turn physical if they got out of their car at home.

Patar
7th March 2008, 16:12
sounds to me like the girls and the bike were in a fender bender and the biker wanted to get their details off them, the girls then thinking they were being followed called their dad.

Atleast that would have been a reasonable inference had it happened in any other country.

Livvy
7th March 2008, 23:20
sounds to me like the girls and the bike were in a fender bender and the biker wanted to get their details off them, the girls then thinking they were being followed called their dad.

Atleast that would have been a reasonable inference had it happened in any other country.
That is what it implies. Only it seems the two chicks were pussy shit and the dad was overprotective.

They're all a little at fault I guess. The biker could have just taken down their licence plate, the girls should have tried to sort out the original argument at the carpark, and well... The father was definitely the asshole...

Waylander
7th March 2008, 23:47
So y'all would just stand there and get shot rather than shooting first?

motorbyclist
8th March 2008, 00:13
"only in america"

seriously, what is wrong with some people?

what?

are you advocating "shoot first and ask questions later"

i don't understand how someone can be so paranoid as to actually shoot the guy as he rides past - and how can such people be allowed lethal weapons?

glad i'm in NZ... here you just have to steer clear of 12-15 year olds with baseball bats

Waylander
8th March 2008, 07:05
what?

i don't understand how someone can be so paranoid as to actually shoot the guy as he rides past - and how can such people be allowed lethal weapons?

glad i'm in NZ... here you just have to steer clear of 12-15 year olds with baseball bats
If the guy was just riding past then no problem. But if someone is threatening my friends or family you bet your ass I'll shoot first.

MGST
8th March 2008, 08:15

:2guns::2guns::2guns: Fuck Yeah!!! :2guns::2guns::2guns:

* ( while looking at nice red neck in the mirror ) *

McJim
8th March 2008, 08:24
If the guy was just riding past then no problem. But if someone is threatening my friends or family you bet your ass I'll shoot first.

Hmmmm...well, it appears the rider didn't have GUN so no danger of being shot there and he was shot in THE BACK so he must have been a threat eh?

And I don't own a beast of burden so I cant take your bet :rofl:

The Pastor
9th March 2008, 09:06
quick lets all get guns to save us from big bad bikers.

Oh wait we are the big bad bikers....

Lets still get guns! pow! pow! bang! rata-tat-tat-tat!

The above comments may have been slightly influenced by the movie windtalkers that I watched last night!

smoky
9th March 2008, 09:36

Was he on a Honda? If he was on a Honda he wouldn't be much threat to the girls - being gay and all.
I would've shot him if he was on a ....... anything other than a Honda really

toebug
9th March 2008, 09:50

Are the guns bigger in texas too?

I spent a couple of months at a summer camp in the states, my job? To teach kids how to shoot! 10, 11 and 12 year olds they were and I was the shooting coach. Got to get them ready for those drive bys!:2guns:

Waylander
9th March 2008, 11:30
Are the guns bigger in texas too?

I spent a couple of months at a summer camp in the states, my job? To teach kids how to shoot! 10, 11 and 12 year olds they were and I was the shooting coach. Got to get them ready for those drive bys!:2guns:
Depends on which part of the country.

North east or west coast then yea probably training for drive-bys. Anywhere in the south then most likely for safety when hunting.

An no the guns aren't bigger in Texas but the age you can use them at is younger. Fired my first 12guage at 7. Nearly ripped my arm off so stuck to my .22 for a bit longer.

Deano
9th March 2008, 11:38
Dickhead.

10ch