PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Hornet

Macstar
3rd March 2008, 19:40
Just picked up my Hornet this evening from Warren (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=66659). It sounds bloody mean now with the new stumpy pipe and rides pretty damn well without baffels and the cat convertor (sorry environment). Ditching the original cans and y pipe has probably saved me close to 10kgs too.

Anyway, $400 is about as good as it gets - so thanks Warren. Can't wait to get the smaller front sprocket and the K&N airfilter now...!!!!!!!!!!!

Folcan
3rd March 2008, 20:04
Looks good. although it looks abit too small for my liking :P

PirateJafa
3rd March 2008, 20:06
Looked better without 'em.

Sounded better too! :D

toebug
3rd March 2008, 20:18
Nice looking pipe for sure! Stubby is the way too go or no exhaust just tips like the pics below!

HungusMaximist
3rd March 2008, 20:19
Looks good. although it looks abit too small for my liking :P

It may be small but it packs hell of a punch.

You can customize different sizes to your own liking, but this is Warren's signature size I believe.

I am looking in getting rid of my baffles in my muffler and getting him to make a slip on baffle. :headbang:

Macstar
3rd March 2008, 20:22
It may be small but it packs hell of a punch.

You can customize different sizes to your own liking, but this is Warren's signature size I believe.

I am looking in getting rid of my baffles in my muffler and getting him to make a slip on baffle. :headbang:

In the words of Starsky, "do it!". You'll love the sound.

Macstar
3rd March 2008, 20:24
Nice looking pipe for sure! Stubby is the way too go or no exhaust just tips like the pics below!

Oh wow, you got yours chromed! Looks good now. After talking to you at BOTS i got a bit worried that the under engine exhaust set up might scrape too much.

gijoe1313
3rd March 2008, 20:30
Ooh :drool: So much Hornet bling and goodness :love: :o

Makes me wanna be a real grown up Hornet rider now! :weep: :lol:

JimO
3rd March 2008, 20:35
whats the deal with getting a wof with one of them there muflers

Macstar
3rd March 2008, 20:46
whats the deal with getting a wof with one of them there muflers

Probably wouldn't pass at AA or Vinz but other places should be sweet. Warren can make up a baffel if needed.

AllanB
3rd March 2008, 20:52
Cool, but sweet Jesus that must be L O U D !!!!!!

They hear you coming now eh :headbang::headbang::headbang:

klyong82
3rd March 2008, 20:53
Man that looks good Macstar. With the weight loss I think the bike will fly now. Yeah how much is a K&N filter? Need to get one too....You got a sweet exhaust Ewen I thought it was loud enough already. I have been taking off my can before warrant time. I think it will not pass as it does not have the E marking.

Drew
3rd March 2008, 21:01
Mate, that's a very cool way to turn some heads with a LOT of noise from my Hoenet

AllanB
3rd March 2008, 21:03
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/MMYSkuDisplay.jsp;jsessionid=RKNJGQYKJOF3BLA0WTISM 4VMDK0OWIV0?leafCatId=41302&catId=413&store=null&mmyId=8000030

$53 USD plus shippinf US$15-20 air post. thats about NZ$87.

Macstar
3rd March 2008, 21:04
Cool, but sweet Jesus that must be L O U D !!!!!!

They hear you coming now eh :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yep - hard to describe in words but the sound level of the exhaust defintely commands more street respect i.e. lurking cagers in side streets think twice about pulling out in front of you.

Man that looks good Macstar. With the weight loss I think the bike will fly now. Yeah how much is a K&N filter? Need to get one too....

It power wheelies in 1st and 2nd gears now relatively easily i.e. you don't have to button off the revs and then slam them on again. K&N is around $140 ish. I'll get it at my next pay cheque!! Given up on Wild West Honda, using Cycletreads.

Drew
3rd March 2008, 21:13
It power wheelies in 1st and 2nd gears now relatively easily i.e. you don't have to button off the revs and then slam them on again.

Dude, stand up on the pegs in third gear around 100ks, bounce on em hard and as the suspension unloads crack the throttle. BINGO, wheelie in third in standard trim:msn-wink:

Macstar
3rd March 2008, 21:15
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/MMYSkuDisplay.jsp;jsessionid=RKNJGQYKJOF3BLA0WTISM 4VMDK0OWIV0?leafCatId=41302&catId=413&store=null&mmyId=8000030

$53 USD plus shippinf US$15-20 air post. thats about NZ$87.

Us Hornet owners should just combine forces here in NZ and buy three or four at once. You could proabably get the price down to $110???

motorbyclist
3rd March 2008, 22:41
Dude, stand up on the pegs in third gear around 100ks, bounce on em hard and as the suspension unloads crack the throttle. BINGO, wheelie in third in standard trim:msn-wink:

just remember to button off once the tail hits the road:jerry:

maybe a bit of rear brake too:p

klyong82
4th March 2008, 08:01
Us Hornet owners should just combine forces here in NZ and buy three or four at once. You could proabably get the price down to $110???

I'll be interested for bulk purchase.

vifferman
4th March 2008, 08:09
K&N are poo.
You'd be better off buying a DNA, or some other aftermarket brand.
Just try googling for airfilter comparison tests: the K&Ns let more crap through into your engine (until they get dirty), and don't give the performance increases that they claim they do. For what they cost, you're just buying the name.
OK if you're really into brands, I guess...

NOMIS
4th March 2008, 08:33
No my hornet is loud!!! louder than most harleys but it a diff highptched sound like your doing 200kmoh everywhere you go, my neighbours hate me

Jimmy B
4th March 2008, 08:55
Just picked up my Hornet this evening from Warren (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=66659). It sounds bloody mean now !!!!!!!!!!

Looks bloody mean too. :rockon:

Now , Ohlins, PC3, Filter, Swap the clocks for some aerodynamic ones, New Mirrors, Spray the whole thing gloss black, Bigger tank and bore the block out to 1137cc :gob:

Squiggles
4th March 2008, 09:05
Now , Ohlins, PC3, Filter, Swap the clocks for some aerodynamic ones, New Mirrors, Spray the whole thing gloss black, Bigger tank and bore the block out to 1137cc :gob:

+1 But you forgot to add putting a SSSA on it ;)

Jimmy B
4th March 2008, 09:13
+1 But you forgot to add putting a SSSA on it ;)

Hah thats optional :innocent:

Did forget - rip the grill off an appropriately sized airconditioning unit and mount over the radiator to complete. Wallah X11 - Perfect!!!! :shit: