PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch Ride?

カワサキキド
29th November 2004, 14:04
Is anyone keen to go for a Ride?
I'm always keen to go for a ride over to Akaroa, even on a weekday, or any other nice roads that you know of.

onearmedbandit
29th November 2004, 15:09
Could be keen on wednesday (my day off) however depends on weather and my schedule. I'll let ya know a bit closer.

カワサキキド
29th November 2004, 15:27
Sound good, as school holidays are about to start soon, our last chance to have clearish roads for a while.

TonyB
30th November 2004, 07:18
I'd be keen for a weekend ride. Was planning on going to the NZGP this weekend, maybe over Gebbies Pass and in through the back roads (Lincoln etc)

On January 10 or 11 I'm planning on doing a big loop- Lewis Pass, Reefton, Westport, Greymouth, Arthurs Pass, home. Anyone keen?

onearmedbandit
30th November 2004, 09:18
Working this weekend, otherwise I would be keen.

manuboy
30th November 2004, 09:48
I'd be keen for a weekend ride. Was planning on going to the NZGP this weekend, maybe over Gebbies Pass and in through the back roads (Lincoln etc)

On January 10 or 11 I'm planning on doing a big loop- Lewis Pass, Reefton, Westport, Greymouth, Arthurs Pass, home. Anyone keen?

Bit close to the Glenorchy..... nice loop tho. I hear there's another rally on the coast near end of Jan so there'll be heaps of people doin the same loop...

Ghost Lemur
30th November 2004, 12:09
The Two Pass' loop has to be one of the most spectacular rides in the world. I've not had the priviliage to ride it yet (only driven it), but it's definitely what I've been using as my motivation to save.

Oh that summers day when I can jump on my sexy steed in the morning and head round the Two Pass'. :love:

カワサキキド
30th November 2004, 13:04

I'm keen for a ride anyday and everyday....and the big two pass loop, I'll be keen to do that.

I was thinking of doing the loop the other way round, does anybody know which way is better, ie less blind corners, and better road condition so we can take the corners faster.

TonyB
30th November 2004, 13:51
I did it about a year ago on the most perfect day possible- blue sky, not a breath of wind, it was a fantastic day. I go this way around as the ride into Chch from the north can be a painful experience when you're getting tired, and I don't find the ride in from the west as bad, especially if riding on the old west coast road- not as boring as the new one.

Buuuut, now I'm presented with a problem- when is Glenorchy? I had a look at the calander but couldn't see it. 'She-who-must-be-obeyed' gave me official premission to attend nearly a year ago. And the plan was to do the other twin pass run- Arthurs, Haast. :love2:

TonyB
30th November 2004, 14:45
Just found the date for the last one on Silver Bullet:
Gleonorchy Rally 2004 9th-11th January 2004 contact 03-2164632 03 2186481
Hmmm, a cunning plan is forming...

manuboy
30th November 2004, 16:59
Just found the date for the last one on Silver Bullet:
Gleonorchy Rally 2004 9th-11th January 2004 contact 03-2164632 03 2186481
Hmmm, a cunning plan is forming...

They have a habit of doing that. Especially round mo-tor-by-cicles.

Kickaha
30th November 2004, 17:51

Yeah I'd be keen on that,providing I can set up strategically placed oil supply dumps along the way to keep my bike topped up!

I've done it a few times and it's a great ride,although the old XJ might not be up to the pace of those new fangled sports bikes

カワサキキド
30th November 2004, 18:15
I've done it a few times and it's a great ride,although the old XJ might not be up to the pace of those new fangled sports bikes
You're worried about keeping up.... I'll be on my little old fangled sport bike :scooter:

dangerous
30th November 2004, 18:43
hey... now the block is a great ride and I will be doing it at some stage of the xmas break, just like I will be doing the AkaroaGP and Picton/Nelson and must not forget the Glenorchy rally... a must that and the west coast rally that was mentioned is the:
Woodstock rally 28-30 Jan
Glenorchy rally 7-9 Jan
March hair rally 4-6 March
Sundown rally last w/e of April

BTW have to agree with Tony bout doing the ride in a anti clockwise rout

onearmedbandit
1st December 2004, 10:30
Is anyone keen to go for a Ride?
I'm always keen to go for a ride over to Akaroa, even on a weekday, or any other nice roads that you know of.

Keen for a ride today? Weather is grouse, my schedule is free, and I'm possibly keen for Akaroa. Either ring me on o274-121-494 or post back here.

カワサキキド
1st December 2004, 11:48
OK, lets try the new chat room thing.

hondav2
2nd December 2004, 20:01
Dont forget the Vincent rally at Alexandra usually early Feb and also Middlemarch April. Both great. If your down Te Anau look me up. There is a set of bunks in the "Shaggy Shed ". Cheers Toddy

dangerous
2nd December 2004, 20:17
Dont forget the Vincent rally at Alexandra usually early Feb and also Middlemarch April. Both great. If your down Te Anau look me up. There is a set of bunks in the "Shaggy Shed ". Cheers Toddy
Ohhh yeah, shit nearly forgot about the Vincent county thats the 4-5 Feb and I'd like to get there this time around so I'll pencil that in.

カワサキキド
3rd December 2004, 15:06
It was an exellent ride on Wednesday! I'm up for that again anytime!

Whats happening in and around chch this weekend?

My boots finally turned up and I'm itching for another decent ride.

onearmedbandit
3rd December 2004, 15:18
Yeah, great ride. Weather was grouse, not too much traffic, all around a good day. How are the boots Michael?

dangerous
3rd December 2004, 17:32
Whats happening in and around chch this weekend?

My boots finally turned up and I'm itching for another decent ride.
well ill be riding at some stage for sure, but theres a few that will be at ruapuna all w/e as the national GP is on.

カワサキキド
3rd December 2004, 18:39
The boots are really comfortable, nice soft leather, good ankle protection and the toe and heal areas are covered in nylon cordura.
Not proper riding boots but they should afford me some protection.
Here is the link (http://oakley.com/catalog/colors/mens/footwear/industrial/si_assault_boot/black_oakley/9.0)

They do some limited edition ducati sun glasses (http://oakley.com/catalog/eyewear/new_releases/) too.