PDA

View Full Version : What ya think?

nudemetalz
4th March 2008, 09:15
I'm toying with the idea of increasing Team Nudsty's racebike collection and putting road tyres on my XR250 to Motard it at the bucket circuit.

Think this is wise ?
or do you think all I'll do is blow my XR up or break bones?

Trudes
4th March 2008, 09:18
Anything that adds to our viewing pleasure is good!!:innocent:

koba
4th March 2008, 09:20
Very wise.
I dont think XR250s can blow up. My mate bought one for $900, we abused it for a year or two and he even put a hole in the crancase doing a sumpguardless jump. It kept going fine for another year at least with a knead-it patch over the wee hole...
He sold it, running fine, to a guy who was well aware of all its issues for a grand!

Do it!

Colapop
4th March 2008, 09:26
If you do then I'll try and wreck it for you if you want.

Str8 Jacket
4th March 2008, 09:27
If you do then I'll try and wreck it for you if you want.

OR, you could just give it to me and I will destroy it....

nudemetalz
4th March 2008, 09:53
Hmm, I'm convinced that it is a good idea and I might just do it.

Now, Col & Hels,...I still want to go trail riding on it afterwards with engine going and the frame straight (ish)...

Str8 Jacket
4th March 2008, 09:54

Now, Col & Hels,...I still want to go trail riding on it afterwards with engine going and the frame straight (ish)...

well ya better keep it away from me themn! ;)

007XX
4th March 2008, 09:58

I spoke to a couple of people doing the whole motard thing and they cannot stop raving on about how much fun it is...and they certainly seem to be enjoying themselves out there!

Heck I say go for it! You only live once, and there is no point looking back thinking: I wish I'd done that...

deanohit
4th March 2008, 10:03
Do it, do it, do it!
I've been saving up and looking at XR100s and similer, I reckon one of those with some engine, suspension, brake and wheel work would be an awesome bucketard!

nudemetalz
4th March 2008, 11:06
Reason I was thinking was that last Sunday out at the track, there was only 3 "Motards" and figured mine would at least make 4 and hopefully encourage more people to do the same.
Plus it'll give some other people the chance to have fun blat around the track on something easy to ride.

nudemetalz
4th March 2008, 11:26
Another question,...can I use our #96 on the Motard as well as the Bucket ?

quallman1234
4th March 2008, 13:12
I wonder where you got this idea from? :doh::oi-grr:

Number's shouldn't be a problem.

Btw I was the guy out on the KDX200 With Crappy tyres on crashing every couple of laps, but i had fun doing it!.

You could either go for the cheap option of just putting 21 inch and 18inch road tyres on it (i think its possible but quite hard to find a decent 21 inch tyre, doesn't matter anyway! I did just fine(ish) on my trial tyres).
Only reason i go out in the motards is to keep the numbers up and hopefully not hurt my self.

The XR should be a good bike out there, not too much insanse power out of the corners like my kdx was doing (had to be extremely gentle with the throttle or else it would just spit you off!)

nudemetalz
4th March 2008, 14:04
Yup I got the idea from you guys !!!
Plus watching those cool Aprilia SVX550's backing into corners on the World Supermoto on TV :yes:

You were going well there, looked like you were enjoying yourself.

Sully tells me you can get ME33's in 21". Might have a looksie.

The brakes aren't too crash hot on the XR (too much sand around the coast), so will have to do something about that.
All going well I should have it out there on the 30th.

koba
4th March 2008, 14:39
Btw I was the guy out on the KDX200 With Crappy tyres on crashing every couple of laps, but i had fun doing it!!

Jeeze, "every couple of laps" thats for pussies, :oi-grr: my superior technique called for a crash every halp lap I did! :niceone:

quallman1234
4th March 2008, 14:58
Jeeze, "every couple of laps" thats for pussies, :oi-grr: my superior technique called for a crash every halp lap I did! :niceone:

Hehe im pretty sure your pretty lucky that you didn't get to the exit of the hairpin ... *Rolls on the throttle* ... :crybaby:

Number One
4th March 2008, 15:13
I'm toying with the idea of increasing Team Nudsty's racebike collection and putting road tyres on my XR250 to Motard it at the bucket circuit.

Fab idea - then I can have a go on it seeing as Nasty tried out the Monsters Inc. machine and all :2thumbsup

Though I do have to say that I think the nudsty mobile should get first priority for getting going......hmmkay

quallman1234
4th March 2008, 15:28
So is any one keen to try out my 'motard'? Its already claim one vicitim on the thrid corner.

You could try some Kenda K761's, nice and cheap instead of spending a bundle!

http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/content/catalogueViewEntry.aspx?profilePK=all&entryPK=1543

Or the smoother bridgestone TW101 Your not really going to find a great tyre what you can tip over fast / heavily and quite far without going to 17's. (For the front tyre)

Sully60
4th March 2008, 15:48
I'm toying with the idea of increasing Team Nudsty's racebike collection and putting road tyres on my XR250 to Motard it at the bucket circuit. YES!

Think this is wise ?
YES!

Another question,...can I use our #96 on the Motard as well as the Bucket ?

YES!

or do you think all I'll do is blow my XR up or break bones?
YES!:Oops: Oh maybe, um no, you'll be just fine!

Did you hear Baydens little speal about nylon blocks to protect the track? Do this and you'll be set to go.

As part of my never ceasing role as a consultant in the field of things bucket and motard would I be allowed to go for a ride? :dodge:

And here you go boys the hot tip for tyres, and don't laugh this works!
As Nudey said Metzler ME33 front and a Dunlop TT100 rear as you can get these in 18 and 19 inch so you can stick them on just about everything.
The 19" TT100 looks way too small and ol' skool but fuck they stick really well.

Drew
4th March 2008, 16:05
As Nudey said Metzler ME33 front a

Damn shame they stopped making the "k" compound ME33 though, cos they were shit hot, wicked awesome on the old bikes that still had a bit of frame flex in 'em.

nudemetalz
5th March 2008, 09:26
Yup, Sully you can indeed have a burn. As consultant, you have priority.

And yup, Number One, the RG212V has first priority.
Did I tell you I was up 'til Midnight working on it last night.......