View Full Version : Adequate bike control

Mikkel
5th March 2008, 10:04
Apparently this video is around 10 years old, I find it magnificent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vOFaeSK81k&feature=related

Ripperjon
5th March 2008, 10:14
Woah, that's unreal!

I wonder how many bikes get wrecked learning that stuff?

Katman
5th March 2008, 11:00
You're easily impressed.:msn-wink:

Google Christian Pfeiffer.

Mikkel
5th March 2008, 11:53

No doubt Christian Pfeiffer is phenomenal: :niceone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBw0yH509lw

But he's building on a lot more stunt tradition and he's riding a naked (probably light) V-twin.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him. But you have to appreciate that the guy in the first video stunting on a ten year old, 200+ kg, high reving inline 4, fully faired 750 ccm superbike! :yes:

ManDownUnder
5th March 2008, 12:04
Carver - is that you???

Racer X
5th March 2008, 12:17

Katman, what are you still doing on the stunting forum?? :-P

The first vid is very cool but all pretty standard these days.. Should be part of passing your full

Kevmo7
6th March 2008, 15:15
Katman, what are you still doing on the stunting forum?? :-P

The first vid is very cool but all pretty standard these days.. Should be part of passing your full

yeah that first video wasent that good, he does nice acrobatics, but thats about it.

CP is a awesome rider, he has bike control like nobody ive ever seen!

EZAS
11th March 2008, 17:36

This guy is on a +200kg 1990's ZX7R though, while Pfeiffer uses a BMW setup for stunting doesn' he?

jrandom
11th March 2008, 17:39
Yeah, a Seven wouldn't be the easiest bike to pull those stunts on.

Planning on a bit of practice then, Mikkel?

:eek:

R6_kid
11th March 2008, 17:50
All of you are missing the point, thats 200kg+ of ZX7R... no easy feat! And kevin, he's doing it all in full gear...

jrandom
11th March 2008, 17:52
I *heart* ZX-7Rs.

:yes:

onearmedbandit
11th March 2008, 17:57
No doubt Christian Pfeiffer is phenomenal: :niceone:

But he's building on a lot more stunt tradition and he's riding a naked (probably light) V-twin.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him. But you have to appreciate that the guy in the first video stunting on a ten year old, 200+ kg, high reving inline 4, fully faired 750 ccm superbike! :yes:

This guy is on a +200kg 1990's ZX7R though, while Pfeiffer uses a BMW setup for stunting doesn' he?

All of you are missing the point, thats 200kg+ of ZX7R... no easy feat! And kevin, he's doing it all in full gear...

I can't find the vid atm but I've seen CP doing the same on a full weight tourer BMW. The man has the skills to do the same shit on a 240kg+ tourer.

Mikkel
13th March 2008, 09:09

I *heart* ZX-7Rs.

:yes:

That was kinda what I was trying to get across. But guys, that there isn't a ZX7R - it's a ZX7RR. 41 mm flatslide carbs, racing gearbox (i.e. very tall 1st gear)...

I doubt that would make it easier.

Edit: That fact - and the fact that it is an older video. Consider what evolution electrical guitar playing underwent from the 60s through to the 90s. Today there are perhaps tens of thousands of people who can play as well as Jimi Hendrix, in the late 60s there was only ONE!
If you look at MC stunting it's a pretty new thing - not many people did stunting 10 years ago. I doubt there would have been quite the number of videos released with just people doing silly but impressive things on motorcycles. More exposure->more inspiration->more practice->more skill.

Yeah, a Seven wouldn't be the easiest bike to pull those stunts on.

Planning on a bit of practice then, Mikkel?

:eek:

Not on the ZX7RR. (if it lifts the front wheel it'll lift the front wheel though...)

Not anytime soon, either.

I just found that video prowling youtube for zx7rr footage :)