PDA

View Full Version : Run into a problem....

nudemetalz
5th March 2008, 21:29
I purchased a DR350 twin pot caliper to go on the beast.
Now trying to mate this with the TZR front disc has caused an unforeseen problem.
The lugs of the floating disc stick out a little too far to clear the mounting bracket on the caliper itself.
I thought by mounting caliper a couple of mm's way from the disc may work but not sure if this is a good idea.
Any ideas or will I have to find a 4-pot caliper off a TZR or FZR ?

Cheers

FROSTY
5th March 2008, 21:31
post up some pictures. Let all the BTB's (bob the builders) figure it out for ya

nudemetalz
5th March 2008, 21:57
Okay, here's a couple of pics.
Obviously, the caliper is just sitting on the disc, but you get the general idea.
I did consider grinding the thickness of the caliper plate down by a third to get sufficient clearance, but feel uneasy about that.

FROSTY
5th March 2008, 22:08
For a bucket HMM.What about taking a 2.0mm x6.0mm grind out of the back of the bracket?

nudemetalz
5th March 2008, 22:11
For a bucket HMM.What about taking a 2.0mm x6.0mm grind out of the back of the bracket?

:clap:
And I could weld a small plate on the outside to regain it's thickness.
hmm,...got me thinking, that could work.

Thanks Frosty, I just needed a poke with a stick......(well, you get the idea ;) )

FROSTY
5th March 2008, 22:14
:clap:
And I could weld a small plate on the outside to regain it's thickness.
hmm,...got me thinking, that could work.

Thanks Frosty, I just needed a poke with a stick......(well, you get the idea ;) )
hold fire on the welding dude.
That plate needs to stay flat or the caliper bins will jam up.The amound Im talking about shuldn't affect strenth enough to be an issue
Must say wouldn't normally suggest this but being a bucket high speed isn't an issue

nudemetalz
5th March 2008, 22:18
Yeah that's why I was so iffy about grinding away, but it's not the whole plate just part of it and like you say, we're not going Warp Factor 8 !!

It's hard to find decent calipers, that's why I don't want to bin this one and get another.

Sully60
6th March 2008, 10:22
we're not going Warp Factor 8 !!

Speak for yourself!:bleh:

I have the a 4 pot TZR caliper if you want, you know where to find me....

nudemetalz
6th March 2008, 11:12
Speak for yourself!:bleh:

I have the a 4 pot TZR caliper if you want, you know where to find me....

hmmm,....really???
That would make life a helluva lot easier.
What time you home, Craig?

Anyone here want a DR350 caliper, just had a full strip and regrease (the caliper, not me!! )