PDA

View Full Version : After 3 1/2 months...............

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 07:03
of public transport hell................I'm back on two wheels!:woohoo:

50cc of 2-stroke fury to be precise.

I got up a whole hour later this morning and still arrived at work 15mins before i would have on the bus.

So if you see someone crouched down, trying not to hold up traffic going over the harbour bridge, gimme a wave.

Oh, and incase you're wondering, it's a gasgas sm50 with no restrictor and a larger main jet.So it should do about 90km/hr.

(The picture is not of the actual bike, but very similar)

vifferman
6th March 2008, 07:19
Noice!
Have fun, and keep the rubber side down! :niceone:

90s
6th March 2008, 10:23
Good on 'ya.
I had a suzuki of this style once (TSX). It was bored out to 80cc (not by me - not sure how such a large increase was made) for racing in a beach racing series and was great fun. It would do about 90ks, and around town and over the bridge that would do you fine.
Good for a bit of a forest ride too.

EJK
6th March 2008, 10:25
Man! That looks fun! :D lol

Comming to AWNR sometime again? ;)

fireball
6th March 2008, 10:28
ohhh mate she is a sexy beastie... can i play?

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 10:30
Yeah, the bike is heaps of fun, weighs less than 95kgs with fuel.
Apparently you can get a 75cc kit for it, so will be looking into that shortly.

Hey EJ, I might be coming back to Wednesday nights, but it's out west now isn't it?
not quite as convenient for me as i live on the shore.

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 10:38
ofcourse you can have a play, if you can touch the ground though. haha.

fireball
6th March 2008, 10:38
Yeah, the bike is heaps of fun, weighs less than 95kgs with fuel.
Apparently you can get a 75cc kit for it, so will be looking into that shortly.

Hey EJ, I might be coming back to Wednesday nights, but it's out west now isn't it?
not quite as convenient for me as i live on the shore.

i know where you work..... its only a short trip down the motorway... and its still on the shore at albany you silly goose

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 10:44
i know where you work..... its only a short trip down the motorway... and its still on the shore at albany you silly goose

Guess I'll see you at albany next week then.

Heard about your bike too.
RIP Rawberry

EJK
6th March 2008, 10:46
RIP?

Its getting fixed aint it?

fireball
6th March 2008, 10:48
getting a new head once all the paperwork is done,
so im prob 2 weeks away yet god damn it!

McDuck
6th March 2008, 10:52
of public transport hell................I'm back on two wheels!:woohoo:

50cc of 2-stroke fury to be precise.

I got up a whole hour later this morning and still arrived at work 15mins before i would have on the bus.

So if you see someone crouched down, trying not to hold up traffic going over the harbour bridge, gimme a wave.

Oh, and incase you're wondering, it's a gasgas sm50 with no restrictor and a larger main jet.So it should do about 90km/hr.

(The picture is not of the actual bike, but very similar)

What happened to the old kat?

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 10:52
getting a new head once all the paperwork is done,
so im prob 2 weeks away yet god damn it!

and isnt this all my fault, seen as you were on your way to help me out when it happened?

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 10:54
What happened to the old kat?

dunno, guess at a wreckers as by the time i asked the insurance company to buy it back it was gone. sorry mate, i know you would have liked some parts off it. there was so much good stuff still on it, real shame actually.

McDuck
6th March 2008, 10:56
Yea. You wouldnt know which wrecker?(i was also keen to help you put it back on the road to)

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 11:01
Yea. You wouldnt know which wrecker?(i was also keen to help you put it back on the road to)

I'll ring the insurance company tonight and try and find out for you, had new back shocks on it, and all electrics, and motor were in awesome condition. would have liked to have turned it into a track bike.

McDuck
6th March 2008, 11:02
Yea sounds like it would have been a good one.
Was the fram strait?

Katman
6th March 2008, 11:03
There was a 250 Kat on Trademe last week that said it had a bent frame. Was it that one?

McDuck
6th March 2008, 11:05
There was a 250 Kat on Trademe last week that said it had a bent frame. Was it that one?

Na the one we are talking had damage from a drop, dented tank etc (i think)

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 11:08
i saw that one on trademe, wasnt mine. as far as i'm aware my frame was fine, all that happened was a slide along the ground. tank dented left handle bar smashed, instruments smashed. other than that, all good.

McDuck
6th March 2008, 11:10
Ultra sucky that they wrote it off, 300 for tank repair 50 for indicator, 100 for instrements, maby 200 for the new handle bar?

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 11:13
Ultra sucky that they wrote it off, 300 for tank repair 50 for indicator, 100 for instrements, maby 200 for the new handle bar?

yeah, i was quite down about it for ages, but the high of picking up my new bike yesterday has almost made me forget. all i have to do now is get my full licence so i can buy a real katana.

McDuck
6th March 2008, 11:15
Get ya mits off that 750 in rotorua, i saw it first.

daaatomic
6th March 2008, 11:20
Get ya mits off that 750 in rotorua, i saw it first.

first in first served.

(now, if only i could think of a way to tell my wife i've bought two bikes in a week. And no dear, the credit card isn't paid off yet)

McDuck
6th March 2008, 11:33
Lol if you know anybody that want to buy my 250 let me know... lol

fireball
6th March 2008, 11:34
and isnt this all my fault, seen as you were on your way to help me out when it happened?

i was lucky the bike didnt start it would have seized on me on the motorway most likely ending in me getting mushed up or something.... and i was looking forward to playing with you at work too....