PDA

View Full Version : Boyd Honda? The rumour is true...?

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 14:05
yup it is.

i was in boyds today asking greg about it again and they have signed the contract for suziki and KTM.
they are leaving honda on the 31st of this month then they are taking up there new products, and will be called boyd motorcylces.

see some things people say are true.

just like the mormon few own!!!

Livvy
6th March 2008, 14:12
yup it is.

i was in boyds today asking greg about it again and they have signed the contract for suziki and KTM.
they are leaving honda on the 31st of this month then they are taking up there new products, and will be called boyd motorcylces.

see some things people say are true.

just like the mormon few own!!!

For those who like to read English this post translates as;

Boyd Honda in Hamilton, located on Te Rapa Straight, have signed the contract to sell Suzuki and KTM motorcycles. They're leaving the Honda image on the 31st and will be from then on selling their new products. Obviously this will have to induce a name change, so from thereon they will be known as "Boyd Motorcycles".

It is no longer a rumour.

Quasievil
6th March 2008, 14:15
I would question that based on the source, Honda have a single bike brand policy as far as Im aware, well thought they did.
If they are taking on Suzuki fair enough, no money in it so good luck to em!

nodrog
6th March 2008, 14:19
I would question that based on the source, Honda have a single bike brand policy as far as Im aware, well thought they did.

from what i was told, they are dropping honda altogether.

Livvy
6th March 2008, 14:22
Hmm, good point, but I think what Jeremy is saying is actually true - and I think they may be leaving Honda all together, if I've managed to actually correctly translate what he's saying. Forgive me if I got it wrong... It's hard to read idiot at times.

Oops, did I write that? Terribly sorry.

But no, I have heard from other people this is the case, they're taking on Suzuki (didn't hear about KTM though) since the place next door dropped them in favour to become more HD based.

Livvy
6th March 2008, 14:24
And there's another one. It seems they have decided to leave the Honda business. Guess we might have to go ask ourselves though...

Firefight
6th March 2008, 14:35
Its true.

F/F

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 14:54

yup they have drop honda for suziki and ktm

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 14:56

yup they have indeed, this is the last month of boyd honda and the honda dealership is up for grabs in hamilton now

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 14:56

Boyd Honda in Hamilton, located on Te Rapa Straight, have signed the contract to sell Suzuki and KTM motorcycles. They're leaving the Honda image on the 31st and will be from then on selling their new products. Obviously this will have to induce a name change, so from thereon they will be known as "Boyd Motorcycles".

arh go away little girl

Quasievil
6th March 2008, 14:59
Ah ha, so its true Hondas do suck !
I mean if Honda leave Honda in favour of Suzuki ya have to ask eh.

End of an Era Boyds been doing Honda for years

And think of the Homos, where will they go get there bikes.......................sidewinder ?

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 15:06

And think of the Homos, where will they go get there bikes.......................sidewinder ?

yea they have been doing honda for 35 years.
maybe ill have to get a suckie suziki

skidMark
6th March 2008, 15:09

Nah he wrotedes it bettererer erer.

Maha
6th March 2008, 15:11
Nah he wrotedes it bettererer erer.

At the very least Mark, he 'typed' it....not wrote...:nono:

skidMark
6th March 2008, 15:23
At the very least Mark, he 'typed' it....not wrote...:nono:

he rotored it like a mazdoorr bro it's was like bup bup bup bwaeehhhhhh meh meh fooking neow! then skiddedz it up broeeeeee

FOOKING NEOW.

Maha
6th March 2008, 15:25
he rotored it like a mazdoorr bro it's was like bup bup bup bwaeehhhhhh meh meh fooking neow! then skiddedz it up broeeeeee

FOOKING NEOW.

What?????

I thought you had a job?
Boyd Honda may want a clean up boy.

tri boy
6th March 2008, 15:29
So the next perplexing puzzle, is, who will pick up the Honda franchise?
Maybe one of the smaller Waikato franchises will move to Hamilton ie OtroHonda, EconoHonda.
Either way, good luck to Boyds. They have excellent staff, and offer good deals.:yes:

PS. Skiddy wouldn't last five minutes at Boyds. Either John, or Gen would would turn him into a quivering mess in a corner.

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 15:32
yea maybe carvewr and myself have a big suprise for who is going to have the honda dealership next.......................................:Oops:

Roj
6th March 2008, 15:39
So the next perplexing puzzle, is, who will pick up the Honda franchise?
Maybe one of the smaller Waikato franchises will move to Hamilton ie OtroHonda, EconoHonda.

Great idea, get Malcolm to move to Hamilton, make it easier to get the parts for my classics then.:wari:

skidMark
6th March 2008, 15:45
What?????

I thought you had a job?
Boyd Honda may want a clean up boy.

I applied for a job they have going at the moment, gave me a call and no word since.

Ah well, no more needs to be said. :shutup:

westie
6th March 2008, 15:50
Pity bout boyd honda loosing the "honda".
Loren looked great in red.:pinch:

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 15:56
Pity bout boyd honda loosing the "honda".
Loren looked great in red.:pinch:

yea gregs been trying to sell me her vfr400 for a while now aswell

Marmoot
6th March 2008, 15:58
Its true.

F/F

Let's have a minute of silence on this sad day

carver
6th March 2008, 16:38

anthropologists would argue that any form of communication is valid as long as it gets the point across...
no need to keep the snobby attitude..sidewinder is doing a good job

just like the mormon few!

AllanB
6th March 2008, 16:47
Honda don't have a one bike policy - CHCH has Casbolts with Honda and those Ducati things, Otago Honda has Triumph as well.

Probably have a one Jap bike policy (obviously HONDA) - after all what's the bloody point of having a lesser product on the floor. :cool:

Waylander
6th March 2008, 16:52
So are they semi-merging with Road and Sport then or is R$S dropping suzuki for harley/buell only?

koba
6th March 2008, 17:04

Honda don't have a one bike policy - CHCH has Casbolts with Honda and those Ducati things, Otago Honda has Triumph as well.

Probably have a one Jap bike policy (obviously HONDA) - after all what's the bloody point of having a lesser product on the floor. :cool:

Motomart in Lower Hutt are also Ducati and Honda.

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 17:12
So are they semi-merging with Road and Sport then or is R$S dropping suzuki for harley/buell only?

yea road and toad drop suziki to go with the crap yank crap

Waylander
6th March 2008, 17:13
yea road and toad drop suziki to go with the crap yank crap
Cool, means they are more likely to have the Buell 1125R in for me to take a look at.

Sidewinder
6th March 2008, 17:18
Cool, means they are more likely to have the Buell 1125R in for me to take a look at.

yea they could well do because they are only going to have shitty bikes now

Firefight
6th March 2008, 17:41

No bike shops in Canada J ?

F/F

Firefight
6th March 2008, 17:49
Let's have a minute of silence on this sad day

very true my FC brother,:weep: I got the word on this a couple of weeks ago direct from B/wing.

looks like new bike will have to come from dealer closer to home.

Still, Gregs a good cunt:first:, always seen me right and I wish him well despite his appalling taste:sick: in bike brand of late.

F/F

tri boy
6th March 2008, 18:10
I could be a mile of base here, but I think this may prove to be a very cunning move by Boyds.
Honda has started to cease importing bikes that suit NZ conditions in some cases. ie XRL's, smaller cheaper dualies etc.
KTM is fast improving it's exposure and product line up, and Suzuki seem to have a good range, and aggressive pricing to move stock, which means parts move also. Combine this with Boyds very good after market products and tyre pricing, and the makings of improved earnings become obvious.
The one negative may be the loss of Honda Quad sales and service, but that will remain to be seen.

NighthawkNZ
6th March 2008, 18:26
I would question that based on the source, Honda have a single bike brand policy as far as Im aware,

Honda Otago are Dual... Honda, Triumph
http://hondaotago.co.nz/

Swoop
6th March 2008, 19:38
yea they have been doing honda for 35 years.
maybe ill have to get a suckie suziki
There will be far more sales of suzuki bikes.
The riders crash more of them so the chances of the rider coming back and buying another one are quite good.

TerminalAddict
6th March 2008, 20:33
i believe honda "red carpet" dealers have a one brand policy.

ZeroIndex
7th March 2008, 07:09
arh go away little girl
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :killingme

ZeroIndex
7th March 2008, 07:11

FOOKING NEOW.
and you wonder why people pick on you?

Marmoot
7th March 2008, 11:00
Still, Gregs a good cunt:first:, always seen me right and I wish him well despite his appalling taste:sick: in bike brand of late.

F/F

probably related to brain shock from the bin at paeroa

I should go and see him sometime...

scott411
7th March 2008, 12:07
The one negative may be the loss of Honda Quad sales and service, but that will remain to be seen.

not a loss,
Suzuki has out sold honda in quads for the last 2 years, and have a huge pricing and range advantage at the moment

i wish Greg and his team all the best for thier new endevour, they have always been one of the best shops in the country, i doubt weather that will change

Sidewinder
7th March 2008, 14:55
There will be far more sales of suzuki bikes.
The riders crash more of them so the chances of the rider coming back and buying another one are quite good.

you are right, and the workshop will have heaps of busenes from all the suzikis that crap out

Sidewinder
7th March 2008, 14:55
i believe honda "red carpet" dealers have a one brand policy.

they do indeed because bluewing honda nz are just a little bit up them selfs

Sidewinder
7th March 2008, 14:58
not a loss,
Suzuki has out sold honda in quads for the last 2 years, and have a huge pricing and range advantage at the moment

i wish Greg and his team all the best for thier new endevour, they have always been one of the best shops in the country, i doubt weather that will change

suziki also has a range of kids quads which honda doesnt have but suziki has a crap range of kids of road bikes,

Sidewinder
7th March 2008, 15:00
anyway is it always what a deelership sells or is it the team that works there that makes you go there?

myself ill probly end up getting some shit suziki like a sv or gaysexr600 just because i know thoes cunts are going to look after me and my bike aslong as we both live

Maha
7th March 2008, 15:02
Whats a 'Remour'?... is that sound a Honda makes on Negative throttle?

Jimmy B
7th March 2008, 15:13
Whats a 'Remour'?... is that sound a Honda makes on Negative throttle?

If one person prosecutes back door damage on another, then it is said that they have been reamed. The person who perpetrates the reaming is referred to as the remour :eek:

MotoKuzzi
7th March 2008, 16:19
If one person prosecutes back door damage on another, then it is said that they have been reamed. The person who perpetrates the reaming is referred to as the remour :eek:
I Like it:first:

MotoKuzzi
7th March 2008, 16:22
I Like it:first:
Aah perhaps I should rephrase that.
Well said.

carver
7th March 2008, 17:41
I could be a mile of base here, but I think this may prove to be a very cunning move by Boyds.
Honda has started to cease importing bikes that suit NZ conditions in some cases. ie XRL's, smaller cheaper dualies etc.
KTM is fast improving it's exposure and product line up, and Suzuki seem to have a good range, and aggressive pricing to move stock, which means parts move also. Combine this with Boyds very good after market products and tyre pricing, and the makings of improved earnings become obvious.

i wonder if i know you?

twotyred
10th March 2008, 19:38
BoydHonda currently have over 350 items on Tardme... having abit of a clearout before the end of the month perhaps?...

kiwifruit
10th March 2008, 19:43
All the best Greg, & thanks for the spin on the MT01 on sat-de... very cool

Blackbird
10th March 2008, 20:03
Always found Boyd's workshop service beyond reproach, but front of house service pretty indifferent, that's why I used to go to Road and Sport for accessories. Guess I'm going to have to find two new providers now. Also guess with the imminent house move to Coromandel, I'd probably be better off going to someone like Botany Honda for a full service.

Grub
10th March 2008, 20:22

Does that mean that in the act of sexual intercourse there is a Fucker and a Fuckee?

Robbo
10th March 2008, 20:33
Boyds have still been one of the best bike shops that i have ever delt with. Greg, Glen and John in particular are all great guys. I wish them well in what ever direction they choose to go in. I am sure that their service will always remain the best.
Good Luck Guys

Oldfulla
18th March 2008, 21:31
so with such a major change, surely there has to be a bit of fanfair to go with it, along with some good specials to lunch the new product range. mite be a good time to get a good deal on a new bike.

tri boy
18th March 2008, 21:52
A heavily discounted new KTM 690adv would make me smile. :innocent:

P38
3rd April 2008, 16:07
It must be true.

Got the official Suzuki Letter in the post today.

Dear Valued Suzuki Customer ... BLah Blah Blah....Road n Sport "OUT" :finger::headbang:.... Thank Christ for that!!!............ Boyd Motorcycles "IN":niceone:... Blah Blah Blah.
Sincerly, Simon Meade

Hope they are better than the last looser.:yes:

tri boy
3rd April 2008, 16:54
Saw a Super Duke on a trailer pull into the drive entrance to the workshop.
KTM open day maybe?:scooter:
Road n Toad looks very quiet lately...................

tri boy
5th April 2008, 13:09
Popped down to check out the bikes.
They have a good range of SXC's, motocrossers there at the moment.
No 690 Adv though:(
They don't have any plans to get one either, oh well, will try and get a ride at the CCA end of month.:cool:

Mental Trousers
5th April 2008, 13:46
A big improvement in the customer service area for Suzuki that's for sure. Will be interesting to see the Boyd Motorcycles shed at the next race day. Wonder what Lyndon is going to do with that F3 racer he built out of his CRF ....

blueblade
8th April 2008, 15:52
Popped down to check out the bikes.
They have a good range of SXC's, motocrossers there at the moment.
No 690 Adv though:(
They don't have any plans to get one either, oh well, will try and get a ride at the CCA end of month.:cool:

Hi mate. Must have been you I was speaking to on Sat. I had the 690SM outside Boyds.
Love the look of that road in your profile pic. Where is it ????
If your Triumph can get through there I think my 690 might have a chance :niceone:

tri boy
8th April 2008, 16:01
It's the Kawhia Rd between Te Mata, and Kawhia. (the closed road with a slip on it).
Turn towards Bridal Veil Falls, pass the falls car park, keep going, road turns to gravel then there's a slip. Go back about 200mtrs to a gate, and cross the paddock/stream crossings (two) which gets you on the other side of the slip.
The second crossing is slimy, so take care.
Check out "newby Kawhia thread in Adv forum.:niceone:

DougB
15th April 2008, 21:25
Called in to Boyd M/C and asked about a Suzuki accessory.
The young lad could not have been more helpful. He took my name and phone number and rang me back next day with all the details. I had asked the same question at Road and Sport about a month ago and the attendent found the item listed but did not help by finding out the price etc. Could not care less.
I am considering buying it from Boyds even tho I can get it $50 cheaper from USA (that includes freight). Not having to pay GST makes a difference.

carver
16th April 2008, 17:26
Called in to Boyd M/C and asked about a Suzuki accessory.
The young lad could not have been more helpful. He took my name and phone number and rang me back next day with all the details. I had asked the same question at Road and Sport about a month ago and the attendent found the item listed but did not help by finding out the price etc. Could not care less.
I am considering buying it from Boyds even tho I can get it $50 cheaper from USA (that includes freight). Not having to pay GST makes a difference.

must have been troy!

Murray
18th July 2008, 14:15
so whose taking over the Honda dealership in the Tron???

tri boy
18th July 2008, 15:09
so whose taking over the Honda dealership in the Tron???

New shop opening at the top of Anglesea St, (in old Honda Prestige car dealership yard), in a week or two.
(behind Pak n save).

Murray
18th July 2008, 15:19
New shop opening at the top of Anglesea St, (in old Honda Prestige car dealership yard), in a week or two.
(behind Pak n save).

Cool bikkies thanx. Any of the Boyds mechanics moving down there????

tri boy
18th July 2008, 15:24
Don't know. But there is whispers and speculation going on all the time.
(I'm sort of in the loop, but not, if you know what I mean).:psst:

Quasievil
18th July 2008, 15:35
Its open mate, was in there on tuesday

name is HONDA HAMILTON

nice looking shop.

Blackbird
18th July 2008, 15:52
Its open mate, was in there on tuesday

name is HONDA HAMILTON

nice looking shop.

Hope they're as good as the Boyd workshop boys as I thought I was going to have to go to Botany for major services. Will keep ears peeled for feedback.

Griffin
18th July 2008, 23:26
Shite - its a huge game of Musical Motorcycles up there in good ol' Hammers. What you lot playing at? Whats next? Pass the 'parcel' (read 'buck') ???

Sidewinder
19th July 2008, 04:29
the new honda shop is owned by 3 of the old peter glidin staff members

Murray
19th July 2008, 10:46

Excuse the ignorance and not being in the "Tron" to long who is peter glidin and is this good or bad????

tri boy
19th July 2008, 11:07

I think you will find that it is owned by a bank, (like 99% of kiwi business's) and possibly being partly funded by Blue Wing.
But now I'm splitting hairs.
Good luck to them.

carver
19th July 2008, 11:15
Excuse the ignorance and not being in the "Tron" to long who is peter glidin and is this good or bad????

peter glidden, the biggest, baddest, drug dealing gang member hamilton has ever seen.
the honda shop will be a front for drug dealing, money laundering and extortion.

go there if you dare

ykin
25th July 2008, 19:24
I think you will find that it is owned by a bank, (like 99% of kiwi business's) and possibly being partly funded by Blue Wing.
But now I'm splitting hairs.
Good luck to them.

Sorry to shoot you down in flames but these guys and ladies are so good at what they do that the bank hardly gets a look in!. Never Mind!

Mountlocal1
25th July 2008, 19:25
peter glidden, the biggest, baddest, drug dealing gang member hamilton has ever seen.
the honda shop will be a front for drug dealing, money laundering and extortion.

go there if you dare

:stupid: Ha ha ha ha ha... Carver no matter what anyone says about ya you are a funny bastard!!!

ykin
25th July 2008, 19:27

go there if you dare

I hope that your quote refers to the first business suggested and not the latter, Honda Hamilton dealership. If it does then you had better withdraw it ASAP with an approppriate apology statement, or you are looking at legal action big boy, or girl!

carver
25th July 2008, 20:39
I hope that your quote refers to the first business suggested and not the latter, Honda Hamilton dealership. If it does then you had better withdraw it ASAP with an approppriate apology statement, or you are looking at legal action big boy, or girl!

get fucked.......
il re-post it!

Blackbird
26th July 2008, 09:10
Ykin makes a valid point and I did wonder at the time whether you'll get some feedback from Peter Glidden, particularly as it's a good company to deal with.

At least it confirms your status as the biggest twat on KB.

ykin
26th July 2008, 09:25
Yeah PG knows about this thread, prob thinks its a big laugh. Dont forget there are "rules" about what you can and cant say in the public arena. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this forum is informative and funny. BUT NOT WHEN YOU ATTACK PEOPLE OR COMPANY REPUTATIONS without backing it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MXNUT
26th July 2008, 10:30
Ykin makes a valid point and I did wonder at the time whether you'll get some feedback from Peter Glidden, particularly as it's a good company to deal with.

At least it conforms your status as the biggest twat on KB.
Biggest twat on KB, that is some achievement

Sidewinder
26th July 2008, 14:02
Yeah PG knows about this thread, prob thinks its a big laugh. Dont forget there are "rules" about what you can and cant say in the public arena. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this forum is informative and funny. BUT NOT WHEN YOU ATTACK PEOPLE OR COMPANY REPUTATIONS without backing it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its the fuckn net who is going to realy take it so serous that has a life?

tri boy
26th July 2008, 14:03
Sorry to shoot you down in flames but these guys and ladies are so good at what they do that the bank hardly gets a look in!. Never Mind!

If they are "so" good at what they do, way am I still waiting to hear back from emails I sent over two weeks ago?
Yep, they are good alright. :yawn:

ykin
26th July 2008, 15:24
Perhaps you addressed them wrong?????
Try the phone???:mellow:

tri boy
26th July 2008, 15:39
Try the phone???:mellow:

Bypassed the phone, even physically went to the shop to confirm they were received. (they were). Waited another 3 days, then put the reasonably substantial $$ into another bike shops till.
Business 101, "Make potential sales a reality".
I'm sure they will learn it in the end.

carver
26th July 2008, 17:04
Bypassed the phone, even physically went to the shop to confirm they were received. (they were). Waited another 3 days, then put the reasonably substantial $$ into another bike shops till.
Business 101, "Make potential sales a reality".
I'm sure they will learn it in the end.

wow, that bad...maybe my first post was true