PDA

View Full Version : Second pair of hands?

Macstar
6th March 2008, 18:11
Would anyone be keen (with some bike knowledge), to help me wire up some aftermarket indicators and fit a new air filter after the catch up at Strata Fri night?

I also need to re-wire the existing license plate light underneath the seat to shine on the recently moved license plate.

I've done this sort of thing on other bikes before but this is my brand new baby and I want the workmanship to be respectable - also I might need to pull the tail apart to get to the cables / wires etc.

I have all the tools required i.e. a soldering iron, length of wire etc - JUST NEED SOME SKILLS.

Cheers!

Gubb
6th March 2008, 18:15
I've done it before, i'm up on the Shore.

Squiggles
6th March 2008, 18:18
I can solder, respectably, with the soldering iron i have... but i prefer to use my crimp tool and connections

whatcha want is one of these for the plate light: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Other-accessories/auction-143228604.htm

or to just make one (drill a short bolt out, insert led etc etc)

Macstar
6th March 2008, 18:46
I've done it before, i'm up on the Shore.

Tx mate. 'Ol Squiggles is just around the corner from me.

I can solder, respectably, with the soldering iron i have... but i prefer to use my crimp tool and connections

whatcha want is one of these for the plate light: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Other-accessories/auction-143228604.htm

or to just make one (drill a short bolt out, insert led etc etc)

I bought one, prolly won't arrive till next week but we can still hook up the indicators and air filter etc if that's ok.

Gubb
6th March 2008, 18:49
All good.

Good luck with it.

motorbyclist
6th March 2008, 23:49
I want the workmanship to be respectable

i'll help:D

Macstar
7th March 2008, 12:57
i'll help:D

Sweet. Will text you this avo.

P.S. MB: You were in my dreams last night but unfortunately not as a fit blonde goddess, rather it was a nightmare about you binning big time on your newly repaired VFR... It's just a dream though eh?!

klyong82
7th March 2008, 13:33
P.S. MB: You were in my dreams last night but unfortunately not as a fit blonde goddess, rather it was a nightmare about you binning big time on your newly repaired VFR... It's just a dream though eh?!

That is so weird.......haha

motorbyclist
7th March 2008, 14:17
Sweet. Will text you this avo.

don't worry, today i got a wof and upped my insurance cover:shifty:

i'll see you at strata