Why would you go and do something like that!:gob:

Taz
6th March 2008, 21:22
Why would you go and do something like that!:gob:

I know! Could have got 3 Honda hornets for that price! :whistle:

riffer
6th March 2008, 21:38
All right Chrissie what gives?

You trading up to a Desmosedici or what?

Nice bike. I've no money but. Good luck selling it.

Mikkel
6th March 2008, 22:26
That is a beautiful bike! :yes:

Good luck with not wanting to let a prospective buyer testride it though...

Sure, I'd be happy to fork over $29k without riding the bike. :no:

You sure you don't mean "no test pilots"? ;)

Trudes
6th March 2008, 22:43
NOOOOOOOO!!! I haven't seen it yet, let alone bribe you for a ride!!!

westie
7th March 2008, 08:26
Ooh wish I had moneys.
Dream bike:eek:

Morcs
7th March 2008, 11:40
bah gimme a 996 any day

RantyDave
7th March 2008, 12:41
VERY reluctant sale for personal reasons.
I bet it's reluctant. Twenty nine grand ... her indoors would kill me if the bike didn't first.

Dave

Mikkel
7th March 2008, 13:59
People that want these sort of motorcycles know what they want, and do not need a "test ride". Nine times out of ten these bikes are bought pre-ordered anyway. Mate that has a Desmosedici MotoGP on order hasnt asked for a test ride first!

True I suppose. The sad thing is that quite a few of them are just going to end up as garage ornaments anyway :(

boomer
7th March 2008, 14:30
True I suppose. The sad thing is that quite a few of them are just going to end up as garage ornaments anyway :(

where as if you owned it you'd be using it to its potential huh?! :mobile:

g/l with the sale... i'll swap ya ma gixxer , a 6 pack, a multi pack of pies and $480.87c

i don't need a test ride nor do i need the stock pipes etc....

call me.. my people will arrange it all.

Maha
7th March 2008, 14:35
call me.. my people will arrange it all.

Yeah but your 'People' (Ronnie and Reggie) are a bit over it now aren't they?

boomer
7th March 2008, 14:36

your so 80's....

bin sama and bin lada are my boyz now

Mikkel
7th March 2008, 14:40
where as if you owned it you'd be using it to its potential huh?! :mobile:

Huh, I thought you had me on ignore... :mellow:

No, I would probably not use it to it's full potential - I doubt anyone would, least of all on the road...

I'd use it though, and neither with a velvet glove nor an iron fist - but with the same respect I'd offer any other awesome piece of mechanical engineering! :yes:

boomer
7th March 2008, 14:41
Huh, I thought you had me on ignore... :mellow:

No, I would probably not use it to it's full potential - I doubt anyone would, least of all on the road...

I'd use it though, and neither with a velvet glove nor an iron fist - but with the same respect I'd offer any other awesome piece of mechanical engineering! :yes:

back on ignore. thanks for reminding me. ( you slipped through because Glen quoted you... )

sqiuid.

SPman
7th March 2008, 15:34
People that want these sort of motorcycles know what they want, and do not need a "test ride".

Then, more fool them!
I haven't bought at least 2 bikes, that I was serious about buying, after riding them.
And have bought 2 that I wasn't going to - until I rode them!

sAsLEX
7th March 2008, 16:02
People that want these sort of motorcycles know what they want, and do not need a "test ride". Nine times out of ten these bikes are bought pre-ordered anyway. Mate that has a Desmosedici MotoGP on order hasnt asked for a test ride first!

All I'm saying is the people that buy em arnt like us who test ride 4 GSXR's before deciding on one thats all.

I bought my bike unridden, you know what particular models do and you can judge the person to how well it has been kept etc

flame
7th March 2008, 16:06
Hun Im SO sorry you have had to make this decision :weep:

1098 is on my 'wish' list. I'd love to take it off your hands, and keep it in the family as such:niceone: but unable at this point. Unless you wanna swap it for my crappy car :msn-wink:

Best of luck with the sale.

Grahameeboy
7th March 2008, 16:07

I have actually met one of the Kray brothers...

mynameis
7th March 2008, 16:15

Huh, I thought you had me on ignore...

I'd use it though, and neither with a velvet glove nor an iron fist - but with the same respect I'd offer any other awesome piece of mechanical engineering!

This is coming from a 89 ZXR250 rider with L plates who's bike is worth $3000, it's easy to make comments and judgements on how you'd be riding a $30,000 1098. Very easy :)

back on ignore. thanks for reminding me. ( you slipped through because Glen quoted you... )

sqiuid.

Aww come on you two big :grouphug: and make up now :lol:

flame
7th March 2008, 16:18
[QUOTE=Mikkel;1463266

I'd use it though, and neither with a velvet glove nor an iron fist - but with the same respect I'd offer any other awesome piece of mechanical engineering! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Good news....then perhaps one day IF you ever grow up from a 'boy' and become a 'man' you may get your chance:p

AllanB
7th March 2008, 16:19
Ducatis are gay :love::love::love::love::love:

Goblin
7th March 2008, 16:30
True I suppose. The sad thing is that quite a few of them are just going to end up as garage ornaments anyway :(What do you mean "going to"?? 1500ks in 6 months is definitely a grarge ornament.:Oops:

Good luck with the sale tho.

jrandom
7th March 2008, 16:49
... with the same respect I'd offer any other awesome piece of mechanical engineering!

Respect? Awesome? C'mon. Bikes are for raping.

They are machines for turning petrol into awesomeness.

When they are not serving that function, they might as well be paperweights.

Some of them are good-looking paperweights, of course, but for $30,000 I'd rather... um...

Yeah, I'd probably just buy a 1098, come to think of it.

crazefox
7th March 2008, 18:39

so are you

Mikkel
7th March 2008, 20:49

sqiuid.

Thank you! :yes:

This is coming from a 89 ZXR250 rider with L plates who's bike is worth $3000, it's easy to make comments and judgements on how you'd be riding a $30,000 1098. Very easy :)

Hmmm, well if you start evaluating a rider only on his experience and the price of his bike (which you apparently don't know) I think you're going to miss the point.

My mentality wouldn't change whether the bike cost $500 or $5,000,000 - in Denmark you'd be hard pressed to buy a new SV1000 for under $30k so I'm sorry if the price tag doesn't make me fall down panting in and of itself!

I don't know what your approach to biking is - but for me it's about having fun and learning at the same time. I absolutely enjoy that buzz I get when I'm 100% focused on doing just one thing... I guess for some it's about proving something to themselves and others - not for me though. So even if I could prove that to you I wouldn't bother trying...

Good news....then perhaps one day IF you ever grow up from a 'boy' and become a 'man' you may get your chance:p

It's so nice to see that you know me so well. :yes:

Don't mind me if I try to retain a measure of youth for a while yet. You know that thing where you don't judge people, are open to new ideas and like having fun...

Respect? Awesome? C'mon. Bikes are for raping.

I'd argue you can rape a bike with respect ;) I think that imdying was feeling some compassion for my 250 the last time we went to the track...

Her_C4
8th March 2008, 08:55
Why would you go and do something like that!

Trust me, this was not an easy decision for me to make. If it doesn't sell, I certainly won't be upset about it.:crazy:

I know! Could have got 3 Honda hornets for that price!

Honda? Yeah whatever mate - each to their own, live and let live etc etc. I don't bag your ride / choices - don't bag mine.
I am a lady of taste and discernment, ergo I bought a Ducati - you are welcome to your three Honda Hornets.

All right Chrissie what gives?

You trading up to a Desmosedici or what?

Nice bike. I've no money but. Good luck selling it.

Ha ha ha - I wish!!

That is a beautiful bike!

Good luck with not wanting to let a prospective buyer testride it though...

Sure, I'd be happy to fork over $29k without riding the bike. :no:

You sure you don't mean "no test pilots"? ;)

No. If that is what I meant then that is what I would have said.

NOOOOOOOO!!! I haven't seen it yet, let alone bribe you for a ride!!!

LOL - you may see it yet! Just with a different owner

Ooh wish I had moneys.
Dream bike

It is a dream bike - a dream to own and a dream to ride...

bah gimme a 996 any day

No - go buy your own :dodge:

All I'm saying is the people that buy em arnt like us who test ride 4 GSXR's before deciding on one thats all.

Thank you and no I didn't test ride it before I bought it either!!

I bet it's reluctant. Twenty nine grand ... her indoors would kill me if the bike didn't first.

Dave

Ha ha ha Heard of 'throttle control'??? :dodge: But I can tell you that it wheelies effortlessly in every gear...

Hun Im SO sorry you have had to make this decision

1098 is on my 'wish' list. I'd love to take it off your hands, and keep it in the family as such:niceone: but unable at this point. Unless you wanna swap it for my crappy car

Best of luck with the sale.

Thanks heaps Doll. :hug: This has been a really tough decsion for me to make as you know, (well I have made it a thousand times in the last 4 months so you would think that it would get easier over time eh!? lol) and I have bored everyone near and dear to me to tears as I gave voice to my internal arguments, but sometimes you just have to get your head out of the sand (or your arse in some cases) and look at the reality of the situation.

I sure as hell won't cry if it doesn't sell that is for sure and I veeeery nearly pulled the ads last night!!! So all bets are on as to whether I will replace it - and if so will it be with a cruiser?? :woohoo:

What do you mean "going to"?? 1500ks in 6 months is definitely a grarge ornament.

Good luck with the sale tho.

Everyone has an opinion....:bash:

(a whole lot of stuff that has nothing to do with me trying to sell 'Bella Rossa' )

Its not all about you ya' know - I am trying to sell a bike here - do ya' mind?:bash:

jrandom
8th March 2008, 09:30
I am a lady of taste and discernment, ergo I bought a garage ornament...

:laugh:

a dream to ride...

Ah, that'll be why it's only got 1,500 on the clock; you need to get out of bed, put your leathers on and ride it in real life.

all bets are on as to whether I will replace it...

In all seriousness, perhaps you should consider replacing it with something that doesn't obviously intimidate you.

kiwifruit flogged his F4-1000 and bought an R1 for precisely that reason; he wasn't enjoying riding around on a work of art.

And now he has much more fun.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to bag the Hornet owners?

I understand the temptation to splurge, but simply being middle-aged and fat-walleted should not make anyone feel obligated to rush out and buy a 150hp Italian superbike.

(Without even test-riding one! :lol: That says a lot, really.)

Everyone has an opinion...

But only some of us are lucky enough to have an opinion and a garage ornament?

:niceone:

johan
8th March 2008, 09:35
That's a pretty good deal, muffler kit with upgraded ECU and all - ready for the track day!
When I grow up I'm going to buy one of these, very nice bike!

Good luck!
-j

Her_C4
8th March 2008, 09:38
:laugh:

Ah, that'll be why it's only got 1,500 on the clock; you need to get out of bed, put your leathers on and ride it in real life.

In all seriousness, perhaps you should consider replacing it with something that doesn't obviously intimidate you.

kiwifruit flogged his F4-1000 and bought an R1 for precisely that reason; he wasn't enjoying riding around on a work of art.

And now he has much more fun.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to bag the Hornet owners?

I understand the temptation to splurge, but simply being middle-aged and fat-walleted should not make anyone feel obligated to rush out and buy a 150hp Italian superbike.

(Without even test-riding one! :lol: That says a lot, really.)

But only some of us are lucky enough to have an opinion and a garage ornament?

:niceone:

Mnay thanks for your opinion.

The facts if you care to take them on board are that I bought this bike after I had had an accident and three months off work.

Obviously I intended to ride the bike once I healed or I would not have spent that much money. In fact that was one of my motivators for gettign back on my feet, back to work and out riding.

I have not managed to recover from my accident (and may not do until I have an operation to recifity) and am grieved that my beautiful bike is garaged whilst I hobble around everywhere.

Thank you very much for your empathy and for your understanding.

PS I didn't bag his choice of Honda - he bagged my choice. I am actually a previous Honda owner myself and have no problem with whatever bike choices other people make. It is entirely their decsion to make and whatever gives them the most fun, enjoyment, satisfaction etc etc..

Joni
8th March 2008, 09:46
Good luck babe.

I know this could not have been an easy decision to make.

When the time is right, another red (maybe black) Italian beauty will appear. :hug:

PS, and dont take on board what KB has to say.... you know what is right for you babe.

jrandom
8th March 2008, 09:48
The facts if you care to take them on board are that I bought this bike after I had had a serious bike accident and three months off work.

Well, why didn't you say so before?

Top tip: Next time someone asks you why your bike hasn't been used, explain the reason instead of attempting to insult their taste in motorcycles.

PS I didn't bag his choice of Honda - he bagged my choice.

Pfft. He didn't 'bag' it. He just commented on the fact that your bike is expensive.

This is all a bit of a sore point for you, isn't it?

On another note, what's the nature of your injuries? Have you test-ridden bikes with less aggressive riding positions than the 1098? Not necessarily cruisers, either.

I'd be interested to hear whether more upright ergonomics resulted in a more comfortable ride for you. I know they do for me, with my fucked knees.

Drew
8th March 2008, 09:53
Well, why didn't you say so before?

Top tip: Next time someone asks you why your bike hasn't been used, explain the reason instead of attempting to insult their taste in motorcycles.

Pfft. He didn't 'bag' it. He just commented on the fact that your bike is expensive.

This is all a bit of a sore point for you, isn't it?

On another note, what's the nature of your injuries? Have you test-ridden bikes with less aggressive riding positions than the 1098? Not necessarily cruisers, either.

I'd be interested to hear whether more upright ergonomics resulted in a more comfortable ride for you. I know they do for me, with my fucked knees.

Try for once Dan, to understand that not everything on this bloody forum needs to be questioned, and debated to death. The lady has to sell her bike, she listed it for sale, end of story.

Surely anyone who questions why the k's are so low would be able to then come to the conclusion that it is the reason for sale in the first fuckin place.

FFS, if you aren't interested in buying it, or know someone who is, why are you posting here?

jrandom
8th March 2008, 10:01
The lady has to sell her bike, she listed it for sale, end of story.

... and she was being snotty about it, with her "no test rides" and her remarks about Hornets.

So shoot me. I like slapping people down when they talk like that. My comments were a direct response to the attitude that Her_B4 portrayed, not to the bare facts of her situation.

FFS, if you aren't interested in buying it, or know someone who is, why are you posting here?

See above.

:sunny:

This is still a discussion forum. To advertise something without allowing comment from readers, one uses www.trademe.co.nz.

Joni
8th March 2008, 10:10
Right..... :confused:

As a reminder of what the thread topic is about:

An IMMACULATE (dashingly red) Ducati 1098 is for sale.
Very low KM's
It will be an "as new" purchase.

The bastard who buys it will be a lucky one.

flame
8th March 2008, 10:26
Right..... :confused:

As a reminder of what the thread topic is about:

An IMMACULATE (dashingly red) Ducati 1098 is for sale.
Very low KM's
It will be an "as new" purchase.

The bastard who buys it will be a lucky one.

seconded :niceone: wish it was making a new home in MY garage!

Fatjim
8th March 2008, 10:33
you ain't got room in that garage. Actually I think that all the time then one of you goes out and gets another bike in there.

Her_C4
8th March 2008, 10:34
... and she was being snotty about it, with her "no test rides" and her remarks about Hornets.

So shoot me. I like slapping people down when they talk like that. My comments were a direct response to the attitude that Her_B4 portrayed, not to the bare facts of her situation.

See above.

:sunny:

This is still a discussion forum. To advertise something without allowing comment from readers, one uses www.trademe.co.nz.

Well,

As JRandom has rightly pointed out - the subject is indeed a sensitive one for me, and I am very upset that it has come to me having to make decision like this. I am sure for anyone else that found themselves in a similar position the sensitivity levels would be similar.

My attitude in this thread apparently reflects that. So shoot me.

I was posting in a forum for Online Trading and listed my bike for sale - end of story. Where in the rules for this forum does it state that I have give a personal account for the reason for sale, and the rationale for the low K's? Oh that is right it doesn't...

Wow JRandom - so you like kicking people when they are down? That says a lot about you. Good on ya' - I see how / why you fit into KB so well.

How about you and everyone else just allow people to be themselves and NOT have to conform to your view of what is necessary to be a contributing member of society (including KB).

The topic (as rightly pointed out in previous posts above) is about the sale of a bike.

It is my bike, and it is a nice bike in fantastic condition ... In true KB fashion, you all now know my personal reasons for selling said bike and the fact that I am really upset about the need for the sale.

Do you think we can all pretend that we are grown ups, respect others peoples opinions and right to privacy as well be the beautiful individuals that we all are and get back on topic?

Drew
8th March 2008, 10:42
you ain't got room in that garage. Actually I think that all the time then one of you goes out and gets another bike in there.

A couple in there at the moment are only temporary tho.

I know Chrissy, we'll get the 1098 up here, and street fighter that bad boy. Riser kit, bar end mirrors with indicators wired through the bar for maximum tidy, staunch as little head light thingy and presto, you can keep it:2thumbsup

You think it wheelies now, wait till your forced to sit back on the critter! You'll need a twelve bar moutnted on those sexy mufflers of yours.

Her_C4
8th March 2008, 10:45
A couple in there at the moment are only temporary tho.

I know Chrissy, we'll get the 1098 up here, and street fighter that bad boy. Riser kit, bar end mirrors with indicators wired through the bar for maximum tidy, staunch as little head light thingy and presto, you can keep it:2thumbsup

You think it wheelies now, wait till your forced to sit back on the critter! You'll need a twelve bar moutnted on those sexy mufflers of yours.

Oooohhhhhhh MMMMYyyyyyyyyyy GGGooooooooddddddd..... :devil2::cool: I can see it now:rolleyes: ermmm 'NO' - but thanks for the offer :lol:

HenryDorsetCase
8th March 2008, 10:59
:

yar, Ive been wasting my money on crack and hookers.

A 1098 seems like a much better investment frankly.

HenryDorsetCase
8th March 2008, 11:01
seconded :niceone: wish it was making a new home in MY garage!

oh, yeah, what you said!

HenryDorsetCase
8th March 2008, 11:04

Like the upright riding position found on the Honda Hornet, perchance?

RantyDave
8th March 2008, 11:28
I know Chrissy, we'll get the 1098 up here, and street fighter that bad boy.
Oh my god, don't even *think* things like that. Streetfightering is for munted gixxers. Leave the nice Ducati alone :)

Dave

MD
8th March 2008, 12:23
Sorry to hear you aren't up to enjoying such a beautiful bike Chrissie. I saw you hobbling around Manfield last weekend and went to find you to say hello but you vanished.

Get well soon and back out riding. Maybe something upright and relaxing ....B-King?

That will be a fantastic buy to the lucky sod who takes the 1098

Drew
8th March 2008, 12:32
Oh my god, don't even *think* things like that. Streetfightering is for munted gixxers. Leave the nice Ducati alone :)

Dave

A bike, is a bike, is a bike mate. Fighter the lot I say.

Her_C4
8th March 2008, 12:42
Sorry to hear you aren't up to enjoying such a beautiful bike Chrissie. I saw you hobbling around Manfield last weekend and went to find you to say hello but you vanished.

Get well soon and back out riding. Maybe something upright and relaxing ....B-King?

That will be a fantastic buy to the lucky sod who takes the 1098

Thank you Mark ^^ and sorry I missed you.

I have been out and about in the midfield over the last three weekends working on my motorsports photography skills. Not quite the same thing I admit, but I LOVE it when I get a shot of riders doing what they love - facial expressions throught the visor are great!!! Side note - could everyone please wear clear visors??? :woohoo:

What were you riding? I might have a pic or two.. :sunny:

I rather like the M10r but unfortunately I have to sit on the tank to reach the bars..... ha ha ha - the mind boggles somewhat don't it? And the other obvious issue is the weight.

Drew
8th March 2008, 12:48
What were you riding? I might have a pic or two.. :sunny:
Red 675 luff.

I rather like the M10r but unfortunately I have to sit on the tank to reach the bars..... ha ha ha - the mind boggles somewhat don't it? And the other obvious issue is the weight.MT01!!! Far cooler, and betterer.

Pex Adams
8th March 2008, 12:59
you ain't got room in that garage.

Yeah - But you do!!!

Would you like me to talk Mrs FJ???:rolleyes:

skidMark
8th March 2008, 13:05
Is the disc lock included? :bleh:

jrandom
8th March 2008, 14:55
Wow JRandom - so you like kicking people when they are down?

Not at all; I just like kicking people when they're being snotty for no apparently good reason.

I am, of course, feeling quite bad about it now.

:o

In true KB fashion, you all now know my personal reasons for selling said bike and the fact that I am really upset about the need for the sale.

And in true KB fashion, I'm sure everyone will be entirely sensitive to your position now that they're aware of it.

But you can't really expect to advertise a 1098 that's barely been used in several months and not catch a bit of 'garage ornament' shit when you don't explain why. You'd get that on any motorcycling forum, and you'd get it in person. It's just the way it goes.

Do you think we can all pretend that we are grown ups, respect others peoples opinions and right to privacy as well be the beautiful individuals that we all are...

Yes ma'am.

jrandom
8th March 2008, 14:56
Like the upright riding position found on the Honda Hornet, perchance?

Or the Suzuki GSX1400.

:love:

AllanB
8th March 2008, 18:07
so are you

Just a light hearted piss take - note what I'm riding :first:

merv
8th March 2008, 18:31
Sorry to hear you're wanting to sell the 1098 Chrissy, but sheesh I can't believe whats gone on about it above.

We are bikers here no matter how many kms we do. I'm a long term biker (almost 40 years) but its only a fun pastime to me so I don't care about kms. We have five garage ornaments at home with two wheels each and a few with more wheels (down to 10 vehicles only huh!). Lol - I took my VFR in for its WOF this morning and I musta been out on the dirt bikes too much in the last few months because damn it had only done 900kms or so in the last six months. Ha ha :bleh:

flame
8th March 2008, 18:48
Not at all; I just like kicking people when they're being snotty for no apparently good reason.

I am, of course, feeling quite bad about it now.

:o

And in true KB fashion, I'm sure everyone will be entirely sensitive to your position now that they're aware of it.

But you can't really expect to advertise a 1098 that's barely been used in several months and not catch a bit of 'garage ornament' shit when you don't explain why. You'd get that on any motorcycling forum, and you'd get it in person. It's just the way it goes.

FFS! this is a 'for sale' thread! surely there are other more suitible areas of KB where you can go have a cry!

jrandom
8th March 2008, 19:34
... surely there are other more suitible areas of KB where you can go have a cry!

[rather horrid and ill-considered remark edited out]

On the whole, today's probably going to have to go on my top-ten list of 'foot in mouth' episodes, really, isn't it?

My apologies to all concerned; I do hope the 1098 finds a deserving buyer.

Mikkel
8th March 2008, 20:12
Its not all about you ya' know - I am trying to sell a bike here - do ya' mind?:bash:

Not at all. Good luck with the sale! It is a beautiful bike...

Sorry to hear about your situation - I hope it'll all work out well in the end :yes:

WasPhantom
9th March 2008, 10:01
I don't suppose this 'bike was in Brooklyn yesterday?

Her_C4
9th March 2008, 10:18
I don't suppose this 'bike was in Brooklyn yesterday?

No you are right it wasn't :cool: mine was in the garage looking pretty sexy whilst I evaluated different angles from which to take photo's.....:2thumbsup:banana: I decided in the end that each profile was as good as all the others.... :rolleyes::2thumbsup

mynameis
9th March 2008, 11:09

I'd use it though, and neither with a velvet glove nor an iron fist - but with the same respect I'd offer any other awesome piece of mechanical engineering!

Hmmm, well if you start evaluating a rider only on his experience and the price of his bike (which you apparently don't know) I think you're going to miss the point.

My mentality wouldn't change whether the bike cost $500 or $5,000,000 - in Denmark you'd be hard pressed to buy a new SV1000 for under $30k so I'm sorry if the price tag doesn't make me fall down panting in and of itself!

I don't know what your approach to biking is - but for me it's about having fun and learning at the same time. I absolutely enjoy that buzz I get when I'm 100% focused on doing just one thing... I guess for some it's about proving something to themselves and others - not for me though. So even if I could prove that to you I wouldn't bother trying...

You've gone totally off track mate it's nothing to do with skill experience and proving anything to anyone..ect..as you're saying.

Like Flame said when you grow up then you'll know what it's like owning a 40k 1098. Whatever value you wana place on your bike 3k 4k 5k or 6k you're still not in a position to say you'll ride like this..that when you get an expensive bike.

One day you might own a 10g bike 20g bike maybe a 30-40g bike, only THEN you'll be in a position to fully appreciate and say I'll ride it "like this" with whatever attitude you may have.

You can't at the moment with that ZXR 250 mate and trust me you won't be riding it the way you're riding that 89 ZXR 250 like you're saying now.

WasPhantom
9th March 2008, 12:14
No you are right it wasn't :cool: mine was in the garage looking pretty sexy whilst I evaluated different angles from which to take photo's.....:2thumbsup:banana: I decided in the end that each profile was as good as all the others.... :rolleyes::2thumbsup

You're not wrong there, my next 'bike is definitely going to be a 848. :yes:

Mrs Busa Pete
9th March 2008, 12:37

untill you are given one to play with for a day or two

fredie
9th March 2008, 16:23
how many kilometres on bike:spanking:

325rocket
9th March 2008, 20:07
not wanting to add to the bullshit in this thread ... but hey it also keeps the thread up the top :niceone:
if i had the money i would quite happily chuck my tv out the window and park that bike in the middle of my lounge and just look at it. the Ducati 1098 is by far the sexiest bike ever built, fuckin sex on wheels!!!

good luck with the sale i know it cant be easy.

Brett
10th March 2008, 18:36
You've gone totally off track mate it's nothing to do with skill experience and proving anything to anyone..ect..as you're saying.

Like Flame said when you grow up then you'll know what it's like owning a 40k 1098. Whatever value you wana place on your bike 3k 4k 5k or 6k you're still not in a position to say you'll ride like this..that when you get an expensive bike.

One day you might own a 10g bike 20g bike maybe a 30-40g bike, only THEN you'll be in a position to fully appreciate and say I'll ride it "like this" with whatever attitude you may have.

You can't at the moment with that ZXR 250 mate and trust me you won't be riding it the way you're riding that 89 ZXR 250 like you're saying now.

Foookin aye. Exackery Right.

On a separate note, don't y'all take it so personal like. Once upon a time, people would take the piss and rag each other in a less personal and serious way, people would do it and have it done to them, and no offence taken on either part! How KB has changed...

Her B4 - That is one sexy bloody machine, gutted that you can't use it as you would like to. Hope you sell it quick. I heard DMNTD is looking at changing from the MV (That man changed bikes quicker than I loob my chain - on the bike that is)

AllanB
10th March 2008, 19:25
untill you are given one to play with for a day or two

Dam right too - I'd consider clutching my ankles and biting down on a piece of wood if it meant I'd be given a 1098.

:buggerd:

Well...maybe not.........:pinch:

A bit like that movie where the couple was offered a $1,000,000 if the rich guy was allowed a night with the wife.

I was thinking more like two minutes....:buggerd:

Good luck with the sale.

Also to the moaners about the bikes just being 'looked at' - shit I go out to the shed and just look over my 919 Hornet some evenings. Yummy in black.

That Guy
11th March 2008, 09:35
These bikes are awesome!

For what its worth I've just gone from hard-edged-racebike-with-lights (749) to a more relaxed Monster for similar reasons to yourself, and it has trunred out to be 100% the right decision for me. Good luck, but if you don't sell you won't regret hanging it on the wall to look at with a glass of vino or two every now and then either. People pay much more for much uglier paintings!

mynameis
11th March 2008, 13:15
Foookin aye. Exackery Right.

Too true mate, I am actually thinking of getting another bike either a ZXR250 C again or ZXR400 so that I could give it shit and thrash it. The 6 is too prudy in blue and unique for me to trash it.

On a separate note, don't y'all take it so personal like. Once upon a time, people would take the piss and rag each other in a less personal and serious way, people would do it and have it done to them, and no offence taken on either part! How KB has changed...

Definitely has and this thread is a typical example, some innocent lady tries to sell her 1098 and we have all types of wanna be's making all sorts of comments which are totally pointless and shit all to do with them.

It has changed.

Her B4 - That is one sexy bloody machine, gutted that you can't use it as you would like to. Hope you sell it quick. I heard DMNTD is looking at changing from the MV (That man changed bikes quicker than I loob my chain - on the bike that is)

That machine is just bringing sexy back ! DMNTD is a blessing to people like me who refuse to buy brand new at this present time. He feeds the market, I like him :D