PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Warbirds over Wanaka 2008

nadroj
7th March 2008, 08:58
I'm looking into a budget trip to see the "hot rods of the sky" at easter.
Is anyone from Christchurch going, or contemplating going, that would share expenses or even provide transport / accomodation for me & my 2 sons. We would fly to Chch on thursday or friday & fly out sunday or monday depending on which days activities were to be viewed. http://www.warbirdsoverwanaka.com/
Anyone interested or able to help?
Kev

miSTa
8th March 2008, 07:26
Will be there this year, but as part of a bike trip. Not what you're looking for sorry.

nadroj
9th March 2008, 09:20
Bump time.

Oakie
9th March 2008, 12:14
I hope you have some sort of accommodation tentatively arranged.

JKWNZ
9th March 2008, 19:53
Sorry I cant help directly but would recommend looking in Queenstown for accomodation as Wanaka books out.

On the day its normally quicker to travel from Queenstown than Wanaka to the airshow (if your not on a bike) and there is always a bus put on. We always stick to tenting as its pretty much guaranteed without even having to book...

ynot slow
11th March 2008, 17:32
Saw a few flyers in Arrowtown and Queenstown with bus trips from these places to Wanaka for about $40 ish adult and included entry I think,each day was catered for.Cromwell could be idea to base from too.

Re accomodation,maybe tight,camp ground charges around $60 cabin two adults in Arrowtown/Queenstown areas.