PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Battle Of the Buckets NZTT

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ajturbo
13th June 2008, 09:32
as long as it doesn't get blown over...

F5 Dave
13th June 2008, 09:44
He's been working on those for years. Lapscoring the Slipway would just be stupid. Doing a race on it for more than 5 min is stupid. Trying to fit 47 people on it would at least slow the pace down, the front runners would have to be the most polite:
"Excuse me please, would you mind tucking your elbow & folding peg in so I could just, get, excuse me, sorry madam didn't see you there, thank you, thank you. Damn, fouled a plug" :msn-wink:

Sully60
13th June 2008, 10:01
Yeah I've gotta agree with Dave here. Like Buddha said add a kilometer to and then we may have something.

Although it would require a ton of work a street race would be the only real viable way for us to do an endurance race in Welly, this alone would take the logistics to a whole new level for buckets.

Unless someone with a huge carpark that's not used for the weekend would let us use it:blip:

nudemetalz
13th June 2008, 10:17
Yeah I've gotta agree with Dave here. Like Buddha said add a kilometer to and then we may have something.

Although it would require a ton of work a street race would be the only real viable way for us to do an endurance race in Welly, this alone would take the logistics to a whole new level for buckets.

Unless someone with a huge carpark that's not used for the weekend would let us use it:blip:

I know "someone" who works for the Council in the Roading and Traffic division and "he" gets on very well with the ladies that organise road closures for special events......... :cool:

Trudes
13th June 2008, 11:14
Yeah, lets have it at the slipway!!:dodge:

Good god, I hope nobody thought I was serious!! I have visions of 40 odd bikes all trying to pile around there at the same time... goes a little like how Dave was putting it, as well as people piling into the tyres and going flying down the cliff into the gorse!!!:crazy::doctor:

Masterchop
13th June 2008, 11:29
Bayden is working on cheap Bucket transponders and has a working prototype. Hope it will be ready soon.

His bike is a working prototype and look how unreliable that is.

F5 Dave
13th June 2008, 11:45
Yeah he doesn't get on here, but [biting my tongue] maybe it's time he just stumped up & bought a Longchin. Wonder what happened to his Kawi 90?, that always seemed to run.

And PS Masterchop, your signature looks goofy proclaiming ". . your just too dumb" with a grammatical error. [edit] Hold on, 2 errors.

nudemetalz
13th June 2008, 12:56
Alrighties,....I used my (feeble) power here at WCC and sent an email to the relevant person. Hope it gets us somewhere, cool if it does !!!!

Hi John,

I was given your name by Flora as the one to contact.

I am looking for a suitable location to hold a weekend event for small-motorcycle racing.
We are after something like a huge carpark (like the size of the Dressmart one in Tawa) in which a track can be marked out with cones or tyres.
The bikes themselves are no larger than 150cc and we don't generally go any fast than 80km/h so it's quite safe.
I guess it would have to be fairly remote so as not to get noise complaints from residential areas.

Are you able to provide such a venue please?

Many thanks,
Chris

Did I miss anything out?

F5 Dave
13th June 2008, 13:03
Yes, before the event (that will be monthly) we want the surface to to be relaid with Shelgrip T42 and an amusing sequence of cambers & bends incorperated into the layout with a few different sequences. Pit area with power for tyre warmers, pit garages, change sheds, toilets, grandstand, sponsor billboards, telementary lap scoring and. . . is asking for cheerleaders going too far?:banana:

Actually tell him we'll take over the caketin, they only use that for boring ball sports anyways.

nudemetalz
13th June 2008, 13:16
ummm,...geee thanks for your feedback, Dave..... :whistle:

Trudes
13th June 2008, 13:21
Hell yeah!! The stadium, we'll put knoblies on and go retard styles!!:woohoo:

nudemetalz
13th June 2008, 13:45
Just got told they're having a meeting to discuss it.
Nothing achieved unless ya try.

F5 Dave
13th June 2008, 14:10
Hell yeah!! The stadium, we'll put knoblies on and go retard styles!!:woohoo:

Great idea, they had Crusty Demons of Dirt in there somewhile back.
We could be the Buckets Imbeciles of DOOOOM!

quallman1234
13th June 2008, 14:41
Just got told they're having a meeting to discuss it.
Nothing achieved unless ya try.

Good work, who organised the car park outside the train station in upper hutt those years ago?

F5 Dave
13th June 2008, 14:47
Think that was Scott, but it has to be said that it was totally ratshit as way too small.

Anyway a bit off topic of BOB.

nudemetalz
13th June 2008, 15:26
Well, not really off-topic as this could be a mini-BOB for Wellington.

dangerous
25th June 2008, 06:48
hey guys, photos up from Sundays meet at Sportzfotos https://secure.sportzfotoz.co.nz/image_viewpage.php?eid=99&grp=36

F5 Dave
25th June 2008, 10:49
Hey some of those of Sully on the multi coloured Kawi are pretty good. Looks like he was pushing Diesel along at some stage. This must have been mostly the 2nd race as I'm somewhat back in the pack & there is a good one of Andy I think at the point he rode around me as I was faffing about.

Plus the snow is largely melted by that stage.:cold:

Sully60
25th June 2008, 20:23
Hey some of those of Sully on the multi coloured Kawi are pretty good. Looks like he was pushing Diesel along at some stage. This must have been mostly the 2nd race as I'm somewhat back in the pack & there is a good one of Andy I think at the point he rode around me as I was faffing about.

Plus the snow is largely melted by that stage.:cold:

They are good shots, heaps of yellow shirts!

It must both races then as I am sans sliders in that shot with Andy and I never saw DP after my start line disaster in R2.

Also check the background of 0091.

dangerous
25th June 2008, 20:31

Who that? what they do? :apint:

Skunk
25th June 2008, 20:40
He won't give you a lift next year if you rub it in Sully...

dangerous
25th June 2008, 21:15
HAHA, twas Dave after landing on his arse?

F5 Dave
26th June 2008, 09:29
Ha, didn't see that. Body language says it all:( Poor wee puppy.

Sully60
26th June 2008, 09:37

Yeah I wasn't trying to rub it in, hence the small camouflaged type.:no:

I could rub something into you if you want to?:blip:

Ha, didn't see that. Body language says it all Poor wee puppy.

I could tell that as we raced past you standing there.

Oh shit was that more rubbing, I didn't mean to:innocent:

Sully60
26th June 2008, 09:39

Yeah I wasn't trying to rub it in, hence the small camouflaged type.:no:

I could rub something into you if you want to?:blip:

Ha, didn't see that. Body language says it all Poor wee puppy.

I could tell that as we raced past you standing there.

Oh shit was that more rubbing? I didn't mean to:innocent:

Skunk
26th June 2008, 10:09
I could rub something into you if you want to?
Hmmm, if I'm in the mood...

Trudes
26th June 2008, 12:00
Sick bastards

Trudes
16th July 2008, 21:51
Well I'm tickled pink!!! :woohoo:
Kendog has just brought home our Battle of the Buckets certificates.... I got a certificate for being the "2nd Woman Bucketeer" and Pamela got a certificate for being "Riders Choice".
That is so cool!! Thanks guys!! :rockon: (BTW, Pamela is a lot of people's choice alright, she's a popular girl!);)

dangerous
17th July 2008, 06:04
Well I'm tickled pink!!! :woohoo:
Kendog has just brought home our Battle of the Buckets certificates.... I got a certificate for being the "2nd Woman Bucketeer" and Pamela got a certificate for being "Riders Choice".
That is so cool!! Thanks guys!! :rockon: (BTW, Pamela is a lot of people's choice alright, she's a popular girl!);)

ya welcome ;) hey tickled pink!!! huh... have you seen Lil'Ms thread about serching for a bucket name, LOL shes settled for 'tickled pink' you girls are linked :eek:

Trudes
17th July 2008, 07:58
haha, that's Kewl!!!:2thumbsup Tickled Pink is the saying of the week, all the cool people say it! So she didn't go with the big flappy vijayjay then?:whistle:

Number One
17th July 2008, 18:00
Tickled pink!!! :lol:

SO SO SO am I cool yet?!

:weep: didn't think so....

Kickaha
21st July 2008, 17:45
There's a write up in the August Kiwi rider that I picked up today:Punk:

lot of gimps in yellow t shirts in the photos :bleh:

Bren you're my hero can I have your autograph?

F5 Dave
21st July 2008, 17:49
Go the gimps.

Actually I'm a bit pissed that I wore mine in the 50 race, I got some good photos as I have very few photos despite racing for nearly 20 yrs & I look silly in them 'cause of the shirt. My battle-scared shirt is hanging up in our sponsors store. Go buy some contis ya wankers.

Kickaha
21st July 2008, 17:52
Go the gimps.

Well you got your pic in there

I would encourage anyone who can to write to Kiwirider and thank them for the article

Buddha#81
21st July 2008, 19:05
I just wrote a thanks on behalf of the BRMC for Daves article!

dangerous
21st July 2008, 19:38
Well you got your pic in there

I would encourage anyone who can to write to Kiwirider and thank them for the article

Kiwirider isent the only mag doing a write up on the BOB... stay tuned.

Cheers Budd :banana:

Buddha#81
21st July 2008, 19:51
Cheers Budd :banana:

I wrote on our behalf, because the staff of KR won't understand Dangerese.:blink:

F5 Dave
22nd July 2008, 09:44
ok I went & bought a copy. I enjoyed the write up (I guess that was inevitable), I almost felt a bit sorry from Bren etc as the photographer could only really take pics in the dry so it was largely 50 related.

But on the other hand I've raced the 50 class for a couple of decades & regularly seen the attitude that the larger class is the only valid one, so it's nice to get some space.

Good article Dave. Bring on next year. . . and maybe some better weather huh?

Racing Dave
26th July 2008, 15:04
Glad to hear the story's in Kiwi Rider - that's news to me, here in the south my copy's not yet in my letter box.

As far as weather goes, next year would have to be better, given that it could hardly be worse!

F5 Dave
28th July 2008, 09:59
Cheers Dave, great write up. Yes hopefully better weather next time.:cold: