PDA

View Full Version : An easter bunny chase!

@mmie
8th March 2008, 22:37
Ok, so whos in for an Easter Bunny chase.

I'm planning a ride around east cape (opotiki to gisborne), down the coast to wellington then up the west coast to Whanganui then cruise back up SH4 through National Park. It is a heck of a long way in 4 days so i'll will be bums on seats all the time.

The plan was for this to be a camping trip so if you can strap a tent on your bike somehow you are welcome to come.

At this stage it is just me and one other mate but if others would like to join us then you are more than welcome.

I will register an event so if you are interested can you please sign up so I can start making some concrete plans for the trip.

I'll be leaving from Hamilton but will need to decide whether I travel to Opotiki on the Thursday night and start the ride from there on Friday morning or what.

There is no confirmed route as yet and if the kms are a bit ambisous then we can shorten them to suit. :niceone:

Look forward to hearing if anyone else interested. Hopefully mother nature will come to the party and shine down some beams of sunshine.

@mmie
8th March 2008, 22:43
To sign up for this event click here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1595&day=2008-3-21

@mmie
8th March 2008, 23:09
Ok so just had a little play with a potential route plan check it out http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/East-Cape-Easter-Bunny-Chase
Plenty of places to shorten trip if nessessary because it totalled 1400kms:eek5:

Spuds1234
8th March 2008, 23:15
Plenty of places to shorten trip if nessessary because it totalled 1400kms:eek5:

1400km? It wont be a ride if you shorten it much more :gob:

TOTO
8th March 2008, 23:15
That Looks like an AMAZING tour. I hope I can join you for the next one :) I'll keep an eye on the touring section from now on.:yes:

Good on you for becoming tour captan :2thumbsup

@mmie
8th March 2008, 23:19
Well I'm quite happy for just two of us to go (me & shane) but then I figured their must be some more crazy people out there who would love a good tour ride so i figured I should share the love :love:

@mmie
8th March 2008, 23:27
1400km? It wont be a ride if you shorten it much more :gob:

Well it all depends on whether the 250 can handle then jandel :2thumbsup shouldn't be too much trouble it just depends if other are keen for that length ride but i'm all good :wari:

Spuds1234
8th March 2008, 23:30
250's can handle anything a big bike can. Some things better.

They only thing your limited by is the smallest petrol tank/thirstiest bike on your ride.

As it is its only about 400km a day that your doing. I did 2500 in 4 days last year. That was by myself though. Wouldnt want to do 900km in one day again though.

@mmie
8th March 2008, 23:32
Yes you are totally right about the gas distances. Man 2500kms thats a solid effort where abouts did you go?

Spuds1234
9th March 2008, 15:41
Yes you are totally right about the gas distances. Man 2500kms thats a solid effort where abouts did you go?

Christchurch to Invercargil, Invercargil to Haast, Haast to Karamea (whoops wrong way, had to head back to Westport) then off to Nelson, Nelson to Hamner to Greymouth to Lake Brunner back to Greymouth for beer then back to Lake Brunner. Lake Brunner to Jacksons then back to Lake Brunner, Lake Brunner to Christchurch.

5 days riding.

I lied in my previous post. My bad.

That Haast to Nelson stretch with a detour to Karamea was awesome. Didnt like waking up the next morning though. Man was I sore.

Highlander
9th March 2008, 15:51
Already doing this one: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=51034

Enjoy you trip.

Lets hope we all get a great weekend.

Ride safe.

@mmie
9th March 2008, 20:37
Good on ya man, enjoy your trip!!

geoffm
10th March 2008, 19:01
Tent - whats that? I usually sleep at backpackers or pubs. Cheap, and with pubs, the travelling is short.
Sounds good tho. Tempted...

@mmie
11th March 2008, 06:43
Ya well da tent adds the the whole experience! B 1 with mother nature :innocent:

deanohit
11th March 2008, 07:25
Well I'm quite happy for just two of us to go (me & shane)

Haha, will he be on the mighty KR again? :headbang:

Looks like an awesome trip, to bad my brothers coming up for easter, or I'd be there! :ride:

@mmie
11th March 2008, 22:04
Haha, will he be on the mighty KR again? :headbang:

Looks like an awesome trip, to bad my brothers coming up for easter, or I'd be there! :ride:

Not sure bout the KR I think he is fixing the triumph & is taking that but who knows!!