PDA

View Full Version : back protector

Devil
2nd December 2004, 10:53
Hey people, can I have your opinion on a particular back protector. Anyone know anything about the Knox/Teknic KC2000 Tour model?
http://www.bikejohnny.com/cgi-bin/store/BKJstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=KBCT-15-006-01

With the current exchange rate, thats about NZ$200 ex shipping.

New Zealand prices seem to be approx $280 ish for this one, and $340 for the X1 model.

Was trying to look for a US supplier as our exchange rate is so nutty at the moment (It almost hit US72c last night!).

inlinefour
2nd December 2004, 13:09
Hey people, can I have your opinion on a particular back protector. Anyone know anything about the Knox/Teknic KC2000 Tour model?
http://www.bikejohnny.com/cgi-bin/store/BKJstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=KBCT-15-006-01

New Zealand prices seem to be approx $280 ish for this one, and $340 for the X1 model.

Was trying to look for a US supplier as our exchange rate is so nutty at the moment (It almost hit US72c last night!).

I've got a spyke riding jacket which has the same thing incorperated into it with a waist strap. Got it during winter for half price, but they are now over $700. Works well as well as looking good, check trade me you might find a cheap 2nd hand one :no:

Zapf
3rd December 2004, 18:26

I would suggest you not to get that. They have it at Colamans for around $150 I think. But they don't provide flex protection, as you can flex it back and forth.

You should also look at these guys www.gobike.co.nz , I have bought from them before and they have some good prices.

Cheers
Zapf

Two Smoker
3rd December 2004, 21:25
Now dont bother with that stuff, what you want is a Spool back protector, i have a seven link, but they can go all the way down to 4 link...... Awesome, comfortable, and does the job (as you know ive crash tested mine a few times.....)

Colemans can do you a good deal on one..... (about $120 for a 7 link)

Coyote
4th December 2004, 12:08
I've got a Spidi 7 link titanium back protector from motorad in Wellington. I think it was 160 bucks. Fell on it a couple of times and it works well, pretty comfy too

FROSTY
4th December 2004, 13:16
I've got a 7 link Dianese back protector and it works bloody well.
Proof of the pudding is in the eating-and um well this protector has eaten well.
Bucket racing I came off and had a bike and rider climb up my back -hit me hard enough to wind me--and no busted back