PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with it? Why so cheap?

ital916
12th March 2008, 14:41
Just saw this ad whilst daydreaming about the bikes I will own in the future. Never seen a kwaka 14 this cheap before. Crazy isn't it. I'm sure ti will be snapped up quick. Man if only I had 20 yrs more motorcycling experience lol. Is that the standard length of the wheelbase as well for a zx14, it seems really long.

http://www.motorcycletrader.co.nz/UsedItemDetails.aspx?sid=1182C54692D1&Ntt=kawasaki&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&No=45&item=13128&N=0&Ntk=All

fireball
12th March 2008, 14:43
dont you mean....
http://www.motorcycletrader.co.nz/UsedItemDetails.aspx?sid=1182C54692D1&Ntt=kawasaki&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&No=45&item=13128&N=0&Ntk=All

ital916
12th March 2008, 14:52
Thats the link I have posted innit lol if my link doesn't work use fireballs

kiwifruit
12th March 2008, 14:53
its not in wellington for a start

i've emailed for details on placing a deposit to secure the bike, will post reply here

nodrog
12th March 2008, 14:54
its in the states

ital916
12th March 2008, 14:56
Got a wellington number..hmmm very suspect. Keep us updated mate. Too good to be true.

Smokin
12th March 2008, 14:57
where is the front disk and caliper?

kiwifruit
12th March 2008, 14:58
i rang the number, the lady doesn't have a bike for sale :lol:

nodrog
12th March 2008, 14:59
where is the front disk and caliper?

its only on one side so you can see the gay wheel

ital916
12th March 2008, 14:59
Hahaha she was probably like wtf :crazy:. Pretty lame scam, whats the benefit of posting a fake ad.

Finn
12th March 2008, 15:01
its in the states

Left hand drive. That's why it's cheap.

kiwifruit
12th March 2008, 15:02
Hahaha she was probably like wtf :crazy:. Pretty lame scam, whats the benefit of posting a fake ad.

to get a deposit or part payment i'd imagine

i'm keen to put down 2k to secure the deal :yes: :crazy:

*waits for reply from seller*

gay
u r

ital916
12th March 2008, 15:06
Pretty dodge, that 2k might buy you a hubcap or something. How often do bike scams pop up, this is the first i've ever seen. Usually if it's too good to be true the bikes been crashed.

Usarka
12th March 2008, 15:07
I've emailed him too wanting to put down a deposit asap. I'll tell him the money is tied up a trust fund and I need $500 legal fees to get it out. :innocent:

crazybigal
12th March 2008, 15:10
there were a bunch of them on trademe for a while then they got wise to them.

Pretty dodge, that 2k might buy you a hubcap or something. How often do bike scams pop up, this is the first i've ever seen. Usually if it's too good to be true the bikes been crashed.

McJim
12th March 2008, 15:17
Hey dude! If that's your budget buy my wife's 2006 GSX750F.

she purdy...and red too! (red ones go faster)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=144359828

Yeah, I know, a shameless plug....

kiwifruit
12th March 2008, 15:24
I've emailed him too wanting to put down a deposit asap. I'll tell him the money is tied up a trust fund and I need $500 legal fees to get it out. :innocent:

its miiiine!!!! :girlfight:

yod
12th March 2008, 15:31
interestingly, the whole swing-arm/rear wheel doesnt look stock, it's waaay big

Coyote
12th March 2008, 16:09
interestingly, the whole swing-arm/rear wheel doesnt look stock, it's waaay big
Drag bike style isn't it? Plus the front wheel is pretty bling.

CHOPPA
12th March 2008, 16:23
ive seen heaps of scams like that, you send them an email and they say oh i moved to the states and bought my bike but its too expensive to register so im sending it back home just put the money in my bank! ah ok:blink:

Zoolander
12th March 2008, 17:08
These scams pop up all the time on bikepoint, the other day I saw one for a new model R1 for about 7k, you could tell looking at the markings on the road in the photo it wasn't in NZ for a start. I hope nobodies dumb enough to give these pricks any kind of money. The old saying "if it seems too good to be true it probably is" is worth its weight in gold when looking at at used bikes sometimes.

klyong82
12th March 2008, 18:55
Yeah its a scam - plenty around. Saw a mint CBR954 on trade and exchange online for only $4k couple of weeks ago. As for the ZX14 dont think anyone in NZ likes the drag style swing-arm.
Scammers should burn in hell..

Maha
6th April 2008, 09:03
I saw an add in a mag a few weeks ago. For Sale 07' ZX-14 $7600, with an email address attached........it looks a minta, so I emailed the guy with the words...Ok you got my attention. Thinking it was a typo, ya know wrong price, left out a 0 bla bla. Just heard back from him today and apparently not, it is for sale at that price..
Below is his response...

Hi there, the Ninja is still available for the price of 7600 NZ. The bike is in excellent overall condition. I have just moved back to my home country England because I got a very good job offer here. The Kawasaki is here with me as well, but I can arrange shipping.
Please email me back soon and let me know if you are interested.
All the best
stephen

Mully
6th April 2008, 09:11
I had similar a couple of years ago. With a Blackbird and an R1.

This guy was in France (I think) but they couldn't get them on road over there and, as luck would have it, they were still registered in NZ.

Think he wanted US$2000 delivered to Auckland each for them from memory. It was good fun cos I work in freight and I kept asking him all these questions about the export and import and he had to make it all up on his e-mail and kept asking for the money so he could airfreight(!!) them to me. In the end, he stopped e-mailing me, but it was funny for a week or so.

These were on Tardme, and then I saw one of them the following month in MCTN. Was going to set up another e-mail account and start again....

Good times.

Maha
6th April 2008, 09:18
I had similar a couple of years ago. With a Blackbird and an R1.

This guy was in France (I think) but they couldn't get them on road over there and, as luck would have it, they were still registered in NZ.

Think he wanted US$2000 delivered to Auckland each for them from memory. It was good fun cos I work in freight and I kept asking him all these questions about the export and import and he had to make it all up on his e-mail and kept asking for the money so he could airfreight(!!) them to me. In the end, he stopped e-mailing me, but it was funny for a week or so.

These were on Tardme, and then I saw one of them the following month in MCTN. Was going to set up another e-mail account and start again....

Good times.

So it is all bullshit then?...The add is on the cover of the lastest Motorcycle Trader (the one with the 750 Kwaka on the front) If it were here in NZ I would be onto it within the next couple of days, but as for sending money off shore?.... na ah.

Mully
6th April 2008, 09:28
Yep. It's the biking equivalent of the Nigerian Scam.

You could certainly have some fun with him via e-mail if you want, but I wouldn't send him any money. Unless you don't like your money, in which case, send it to me.

Mully
6th April 2008, 09:31
The add is on the cover of the lastest Motorcycle Trader (the one with the 750 Kwaka on the front)

Yeah, I saw that. The concerning thing is MCTN allow this to be printed (they accept the ad). I mean, I guess it's buyer beware, but they must realise it can't be legit.

A good one is to tell him you have someone in his area who can check it out for you. Can you please have his address and phone number. You can almost hear the squirming.

Maha
6th April 2008, 09:46
A good one is to tell him you have someone in his area who can check it out for you. Can you please have his address and phone number. You can almost hear the squirming.

I would never buy anything without seeing it first, or someone I know seeing it for me. Like that dude yesterday with his Ducati Jacket? First ride in the wet and it started to fall apart....EBay aye??....:shutup:
I should email him back and say....Naaaa I hate fucken Kawasaki's shove it up your arse.
ps: I dont really hate them

Mully
6th April 2008, 09:49
Another good one is to ask him if the bike is there, why he just doesn't keep it there and ride the thing.

Honestly, you could have hours of fun all while winding up a scammer.

Forest
6th April 2008, 15:45
If something seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

Glad to hear you didn't send him any money.

hang0ver
6th April 2008, 17:34
This guy is probably behind it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D5dt4Og80Jc&feature=related

Unit
6th April 2008, 17:53
Watch your TradeMe account! These people get your email address and change your password,create a new auction and essentially get ya screwed over.

Bardman
6th April 2008, 19:04
So it is all bullshit then?...The add is on the cover of the lastest Motorcycle Trader (the one with the 750 Kwaka on the front) If it were here in NZ I would be onto it within the next couple of days, but as for sending money off shore?.... na ah.

Yeah me too, He"s also advertising an 07 R1 for $6200, what a bargin ah:sick:

Big Dave
6th April 2008, 19:38
They are good folks at the Trader - you should alert them to the scammer.

Swoop
6th April 2008, 20:43
The same scam but wearing a new hat.

A few years back, I contacted a tardme auction to "find out more info"...
It smelled fishier than a sealord factory ship with a spoiled catch in the hold.:barf:

Touch it at your own peril.

jrandom
7th April 2008, 09:44
Hi there, the Ninja is still available for the price of 7600 NZ. The bike is in excellent overall condition. I have just moved back to my home country England because I got a very good job offer here. The Kawasaki is here with me as well, but I can arrange shipping.

yod
7th April 2008, 10:46

ask him for a phone number so you can discuss

Oakie
7th April 2008, 11:17
Or find out where in England and then tell him your brother lives in the same city and will pop around tomorrow with the cash and he'll pick up the bike then.

EJK
7th April 2008, 14:07
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=70979

Same

marineboy63
7th April 2008, 14:48
If something looks too good to be true, it probably is.