PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on holiday?

Big Dog
16th August 2003, 22:43
On holiday for 2 weeks. Any reccos for a good day or half day ride departing auckland?

Anyone else want to go for a cruise down the corromandel mid week without all those bloddy jaffas hangin around busying up the road?

Or head up for some back roads up north?:niceone:

Ps slow rider, so any trackday heroes wanting to come will need to be patient.

Firefight
17th August 2003, 10:56
Hey Big Dog, not on hoilday, but have a good shift system, have some days off durning the week, would be keen for a ride north or south don't care.

cheers firefight
:rockon:

Shade
17th August 2003, 11:27
I've got Monday 18/8 and Tues 19/8 off. Would be keen to go for a ride one of those days (if not both!).

georgedubyabush
17th August 2003, 11:42
Originally posted by Big Dog

Or head up for some back roads up north?:niceone:

Depends how far North?

Firefight
17th August 2003, 13:07
Hey Shade, Monday or Tuesday is good for me, drop me a PM, and work out days, direction, etc

cheers firefight :rockon:

PS Hey KK are you out there ? wana try out your new leathers ??
we can work out a 10 min ride that may fit in between all your jobs.

firefight:gob:

Kwaka-Kid
17th August 2003, 16:01
hey shade! hey fire, and hey dog.

as much as im keen for a ride.. its hard to see happening, guy comes Tuesday to pickup ZXR400 :(  dont wanna break it within that time going on a ride.. murpheys law.  This weeks shift sux, mornings. got the weekend coming up off tho :)

and its the weekend of the kiwibiker BBQ!!! sweet, whadda ya say fire, could try ake woodhill on saturday then do the BBQ thing? you better b there dude! you too shade, and Kerran

Big Dog
17th August 2003, 19:42
Originally posted by georgedubyabush
Depends how far North?

Have a "flight plan" from Bike Rider Magazine recommending a 250km ride starting from the Albany Challenge station. :D

Sounds fun and Sounds like 19/8 is all good:niceone:

Any one got a a time they need to start or finnish by? Otherwise 10 am sounds like a good start time to me. the ride should take 2-3 hours plus stops. Haven't done the ride myself but it looks good! Lots of tight stuff, some nice straights, all back roads in some good scenic areas.

Also later in the week or next week I am keen to do another one down to Otorahonga (another BRM one). or corromandel loop.
Timing to depend on who wants to come when.:done:

Firefight
18th August 2003, 10:45
Weather permitting, Iám in

firefight:rockon:

Big Dog
18th August 2003, 13:06
Originally posted by Firefight
Weather permitting, Iám in

firefight:rockon:

see you at Challenge along with anyone else who's in at 10am (rain or shine). I will try to get some copies of the map.
Ciao, Big Dog.:niceone:

Firefight
19th August 2003, 15:23
Good to meet you big dog, had a great ride:niceone: , give us a call when you sure about coromandel.

cheers firefight:rockon:

Kwaka-Kid
19th August 2003, 20:17
so it all worked out yeah?

great stuff :) hope u guys enjoyed it.

i may have a 4 day weekend coming up - sat-tues. but i do want to get work done on RVF.

Firefight
19th August 2003, 20:32
Hey KK, i thought the RVF was going today ?, or do you have more than one ??

firefight::gob:

Kwaka-Kid
19th August 2003, 21:35
RVF = ever been ridding, bought it 3 mnths ago or so, stripped for track use

ZXR = street bike - gonners :(

Coldkiwi
19th August 2003, 21:45
i don't think I could actually buy my dream bike and then force myself NOT to ride it before pulling it to bits. I'm sure i'd have a nervous breakdown!

Anyway... count me in as one who's keen to do the coromandel loop. I've only got to whitianga so far and have heard wonderful stories about the road to coromandel and fond memories of the road down to thames ina  car!

Big Dog
19th August 2003, 22:02
Sounds like coro loop on tuesday is a go. Never been myself so should be fun.
Should be good with a min of traffic.

Auto bahn looks to be a good meeting place!

Big Dog
19th August 2003, 22:08
Firefight, Thanks for the company, and patience at my slow riding.

Fantastic day for it, traffic not to heavy, enough sun to take the edge off the cold, enough cloud to reduce the glare and keep from over heating.

Sorry to all others who could not make it! You missed a cracker!

Sorry if any one tried to make it but could not find Challenge Albany, it was rebranded Caltex in february.

To anyone who can make it next tuesday we would love to have you along.

Ciao, Big Dog.
:niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

Marmoot
19th August 2003, 22:23
Holiday??? I'm on 7-day shift per week (you do the math) finishing at 11pm.......

Good time to be bikeless.....less distraction.....more work......ehm, what day is it today?

Big Dog
19th August 2003, 22:28
lol Marmoot, I know the feeling technically I work 24/7. I only do 45-60 hours most weeks but have to be available 24/7.

Shame you would be a welcome addition.

Big Dog
19th August 2003, 22:32
Originally posted by Big Dog
Sounds like coro loop on tuesday is a go. Never been myself so should be fun.
Should be good with a min of traffic.

Auto bahn looks to be a good meeting place!

:Oops::Oops: . Forgot to say depart 10:00 :Oops: :Oops: :Oops:

Marmoot
21st August 2003, 22:24
good on yous who can go coromandel loop.
For me at the moment is more like coronation street.
And I don't even like soap :argh:

Big Dog
22nd August 2003, 15:03
That sucks man. oh well at least you can be with us in spirit.
We'll try not to rub it in.

Coldkiwi
22nd August 2003, 16:23
A Tuesday ride?? man... talk about mammaries on a male bovine.

savage rider
22nd August 2003, 17:02
well i work for myself so i can ride anytime its suits normally , just depending on weather, i dont mind the rain , but im stuffed in i know auckland at all, might be hard getting to the start of it :o

savage rider
22nd August 2003, 17:07
as you know im new to this , an im buggered if i know how that pic got on there lol, ghees youll all think a mad :shit: :banana:

bikerboy
22nd August 2003, 17:36
Nice bike Savage :D

You should get that picture on your aviatar thingy.:o

Yea!, another Home worker, we should all get together to flaunt our mid week rideability once the weather clears up.:rockon:

Big Dog
22nd August 2003, 19:46
Originally posted by savage rider
well i work for myself so i can ride anytime its suits normally , just depending on weather, i dont mind the rain , but im stuffed in i know auckland at all, might be hard getting to the start of it :o

Coming into Auckland on main motorway its on the right just past the bombays, big bp etc.

Big Dog
24th August 2003, 23:09
So who is planning to come tuesday?

Kwaka-Kid
24th August 2003, 23:35
this is my 4 day weekend, and i have tuesday off, however i must spend it on racebike otherwise too much social, and never get out there and only catch more flak from you KB'ers for not riding the vfr coz its in pieces. i loose both ways :S enjoy it tho guys.

Antallica
24th August 2003, 23:36
Yeah I'm on holiday.... I call it an employment holiday! :rockon:

Being a bum with a supercharged 4 stroke lawnmower has never been more fun :niceone:

Big Dog
25th August 2003, 09:38
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
this is my 4 day weekend, and i have tuesday off, however i must spend it on racebike otherwise too much social, and never get out there and only catch more flak from you KB'ers for not riding the vfr coz its in pieces. i loose both ways :S enjoy it tho guys.

You do bring it on yourself though:D

Coming along would not condemn you to ridicule......on its own:p

Ciao, Big Dog.

Firefight
25th August 2003, 09:52
Hey Big Dog, As usual, Pending a nice day :eek: Iám in, but would prefer to meet all at bottom of Bombays, that may also suit Savage rider, if she comes ?:gob: , I

bikerboy
25th August 2003, 10:13
:argh: My big weekly meeting has been postponed from today to TUESDAY!!!!:(

I would have loved to join you guys as I've never been on the Coro roads.
As a slower rider this group sounds perfect, although I've ridden with Firefight and there's nothing slow about his riding.:niceone:

Have fun and think of the working class.:D

Big Dog
25th August 2003, 10:23
Originally posted by Firefight
:eek: Iám in, but would prefer to meet all at bottom of Bombays, that may also suit Savage rider, if she comes ?:gob: , I

Well Could be a good Idea to just wait at the Caltex on the right on state highway 2 (Mungatawhiri, the castle) for us jaffas (I know where that is). Should be there about 10.30.

So those of us meeting at the autobahn 10am depart means 10am depart.

Rain or Shine.

Ciao, Big Dog

savage rider
25th August 2003, 14:35
thanks that would suit me too mate 4 sure:niceone:

Big Dog
25th August 2003, 14:40
Your welcome the more the merrier.:niceone:

Firefight
26th August 2003, 20:55
Hey Big Dog, thanks for your company today, another great ride
cheers firefight
:rockon:

Big Dog
26th August 2003, 22:06
Fantastic ride 455kms of excellent ride spoiled only by the return to "the big smoke".

Cheers firefight, grin nailed on check!

Sorry to all those who had to work!

How about another ride this sunday?

Someone else reccomend a ride?