PDA

View Full Version : Cool Visor..

texmo
2nd December 2004, 17:27
Hey,
Getting my new helmet and I rember about a month or so ago someone got a helmet through an insurace clam and got a new visor it looked really cool. You couldnt see through it and it was like a gold or silver color who was this and where do you get them from.
Sorry for being so vauge.

Blakamin
2nd December 2004, 17:46
Iridium visor

Motoracer
2nd December 2004, 17:55
Hey,
Getting my new helmet and I rember about a month or so ago someone got a helmet through an insurace clam and got a new visor it looked really cool. You couldnt see through it and it was like a gold or silver color who was this and where do you get them from.
What helmet are you getting? Some of the cheapest range do not have compatible iridium visors. As for where to get them from, any big bike shop really.

soundbeltfarm
2nd December 2004, 20:19
as for price it varies heaps for brand.
i got one for my shoei cost me 160.
been quoted for a nitro mirror blue 58 bucks.

inlinefour
2nd December 2004, 20:32
Hey,

I had one of those, would not have another. Great in sunny conditions but dangerous in the dark and annoying in poor light. :argh:

bear
3rd December 2004, 07:00
I had one of those, would not have another. Great in sunny conditions but dangerous in the dark and annoying in poor light. :argh:

So would you carry a clear visor and swap them if conditions got bad, or would that be too much hassle?

AMPS
3rd December 2004, 07:22
There are visor bags available, with or without bumbag attached. They make carrying a spare visor a doddle.
Lou

Sniper
3rd December 2004, 07:34
There are visor bags available, with or without bumbag attached. They make carrying a spare visor a doddle.
Lou

Doddle???? :lol: :lol: :2thumbsup :banana:

Yea I wanted an Iridium Visor but they dont fit my helmet :argh:

Sparky Bills
3rd December 2004, 07:49
Those bags to fit visors in are BLOODY HELPFULL!!
I have a mirrored visor, and a clear one. I just switch them over when ever needed.
The bum bag is made by "Oxford"
Highly recomend it!

Jonty
3rd December 2004, 08:01
I bought one of those anti fog jobs that is tinted gold and only one way. Great in the sun, but a little on the dark side at night. Not too much of a problem though, still no need to swap visors. :cool2:

Sniper
3rd December 2004, 08:04
Where did you get yours Jonty??

vifferman
3rd December 2004, 08:11
My X-Vent came with both the clear (with tear-off mounts) and the iridium visors, AND with a helmet bag, courtesy of Yamahamaman's generosity. :niceone:
It means I no longer have to futz (technical term) around with wearing sunglasses. Haven't used the helmet (or bike) at night yet, but I've found the iridium visor is much better than wearing sunnies, apart from making the weather look much more threatening (i.e., ordinary clouds look like a thunderstorm is on the way :confused2 )

My wife wants a tinted visor for her Raid, but they're not cheap, so I dunno when that's going to happen. Incidentally - another benefit of the iridium visor c.f. clear + sunnies: when we rode to Rotorua, she got a hot and sunburnt face :o , I didn't :) .

jrandom
3rd December 2004, 08:14
Don't see the point in an iridium visor.

I have clear and tinted visors for my helmet and just carry whichever one I'm not using in my bungee bag, swap them when it gets dark.

Iridium visors don't give you any better glare reduction or eye protection than plain tinted ones, and they look ratty pretty quick after the surfacing starts getting chipped and scratched off. And they're another $100 or so extra over the cost of a plain tinted one.

And they're gay.

MOTOXXX
3rd December 2004, 08:51
yea i had the mirror tinted one on my hjc
there good on a sunny day but i recomend taking a clear one with you if you need to change it. down side is you cant see gravel n oil as well with a tinted visor. look cool though

scumdog
3rd December 2004, 09:39
Hey,

If "You couldnt see through it" how come you don't crash all the time? do you use a white stick? or have you a special dog? :blink: :eek5: :laugh:

Fordy
3rd December 2004, 09:58
And they're gay.

:lol:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters. :shake:

inlinefour
3rd December 2004, 09:59
So would you carry a clear visor and swap them if conditions got bad, or would that be too much hassle?

Wearing sunnys on a great day under my visor worked out better. You could carry a spare visor, but it would be a wee hassle and not the sort of thing I'd do. :o

Sniper
3rd December 2004, 10:01
If "You couldnt see through it" how come you don't crash all the time? do you use a white stick? or have you a special dog? :blink: :eek5: :laugh:

hehe, I never even caught on :laugh: :laugh: :bleh:

Jonty
3rd December 2004, 10:05
Where did you get yours Jonty??

I got mine from TSS Lower Hutt (good guys there by the way). From memory they are only around $45. I was a little dubious that they would prevent fogging at first, but so far I am more than happy with it. You need to be very careful putting them on because if air traps in between the lens and the visor then they tend to fog up.

They are also removable though not sure whether you can put them back on (not game to find out). :cool:

Sniper
3rd December 2004, 10:53
Hehe, cheers, I might give them a bell

vifferman
3rd December 2004, 11:48
Don't those FogCity inserts come in tinted, too? If so, who sells them? :spudwhat:

dhunt
3rd December 2004, 12:03
Don't those FogCity inserts come in tinted, too? If so, who sells them? :spudwhat:
They don't work brillantly and make your face look real red.