PDA

View Full Version : Wheelie lessons/Stunt school

Kevmo7
13th March 2008, 21:37
Hi There everybody,

Just letting everyone that is willing to learn how to do wheelies or stoppies at whatever skill level (Wanting to learn to get confortable with the front wheel off the ground or wanting to get into brake control)whatever the case that im gonna start giving stunt lessons.

Ive done a few on and off from time to time, the guys i was teaching seemed to love it, so i thought i might try help a few more people out!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=62638

What my lessons will include at a glance:

- I will teach you how to do wheelies or stoppies (at any skill level) better and safer.

- Its all done at our secret stunt spot, so its in a safe and controlled area.

- I charge $100 a night.

- Will run through everything step by step, the worst thing to do when learning wheelies or stoppies is to rush things.

- Will be a one on one lesson, with nobody else watching (Most of the time :innocent:)

Its very hard to learn to wheelie from somebody just telling you or reading something, you really have to have somebody to show you how its done in person and point out what your doing right and what your doing wrong, there are alot of factors to doing wheelies and stoppies that alot of people dont realise.

I will teach you all of these things from Body Position to Throttle Control.

If you are interested give me a PM

Cheers

Kevin

White trash
14th March 2008, 06:43
What about stoppies like what you were doing at Puke on Sunday :innocent:

Kevmo7
14th March 2008, 13:01
yeah its kinda hard with blown fork seals leaking oil onto your front brakes, i blew both fork seals at the start of the show, so my brakes kept on getting worse and worse, after market seals just cant hold up to stunting :pinch:

My bike goes into Honda on wednesday and they are gonna redo the whole front end, ill be rolling them soon enough hahaha :cool:

R6_kid
14th March 2008, 14:15
$100 is a bit steep dude, dont think you'll get to many people taking it up at the price.

Perhaps a free first lesson, and then $25 an hour after that.

Kevmo7
14th March 2008, 16:24
well considering at a night session im normally there for about 4 hours, so it works out to be the same dude...

hang0ver
6th May 2008, 17:43
$100? Sounds fair... That includes a BJ right?

YellowDog
6th May 2008, 17:54
$100? Sounds fair... That includes a BJ right?
Didn't know you fancied him :laugh:

$100 is reasonable for such expert tuition but if you are using your own bike, the cost could be a lot more.

mattian
6th May 2008, 18:31
Is it possible to wheelie on a Suzuki VL 250 ?? you know those little baby Harley wannabies?? thats what i've got :)

Coyote
6th May 2008, 19:00
Once I can afford the trip to Auckland, should be able to afford that :D

Pretty keen to see some mates up there, might save a bit more for this. So long as you'll still be doing this in a couple of months time. I've been trying my darnest but I can't get past 10cm off the ground. Stoppies aren't too bad, when my brakes used to work properly.

hang0ver
6th May 2008, 23:42
Didn't know you fancied him :laugh:

We could get a lot of action, one-on-one, in four hours...

:buggerd:

But seriously, 17yo boys aint my thing...

It sounds like a good idea anyway.

_-H-_

Chrislost
7th May 2008, 16:02
Once I can afford the trip to Auckland, should be able to afford that :D

Pretty keen to see some mates up there, might save a bit more for this. So long as you'll still be doing this in a couple of months time. I've been trying my darnest but I can't get past 10cm off the ground. Stoppies aren't too bad, when my brakes used to work properly.

tis all about timing and what not on a vfr...

none of this finger the clutch shit that the 600s do

Coyote
7th May 2008, 16:19
tis all about timing and what not on a vfr...

none of this finger the clutch shit that the 600s do
Just got to figure out the timing. Haven't given up yet.

Though the bike breaking down this morning hasn't helped. It ran out of fuel despite having a full tank. :rolleyes:

How does a 17 year old manage to have a flash 600 and can wheelie really well? I'm a year older and I had to catch the bus today

Chrislost
7th May 2008, 16:36
anythigns possable in the shity of sails.

have you seen the videos of him on his 50cc thing
?

NOMIS
7th May 2008, 16:47
if you wana see if he worth lisn to search his user name on youtube and remember the vids up there are 5months old.. He's a better rider than most of the kb's I have met. especially for his age. Im 3 years older and he will definatly show me up.

Kevmo7
7th May 2008, 17:00
anythigns possable in the shity of sails.

have you seen the videos of him on his 50cc thing
?

yeah mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xTFlRgdNbQ

Kevmo7
11th May 2008, 21:15
http://www.cbs8.com/flv/video_pop_hd3.php?startID=127566&cat=undefined

This was on stuntlife, thought it might push the point i was trying to get across

Racer X
12th May 2008, 09:23
http://www.cbs8.com/flv/video_pop_hd3.php?startID=127566&cat=undefined

This was on stuntlife, thought it might push the point i was trying to get across

Good find Kev, not sure that NZ media would be so understanding though (boyracers anybody)

mouldy
23rd May 2008, 17:17
Kevmo learn to stunt properly first , saw your old sensei on alt tv last nite he's the man dude . Also saw Dan on youtube he'll be better then you soon bro .

Kevmo7
24th May 2008, 12:24
lol who are you?? have we ridden together? Yeah dan is progressing fast but im aiming to amp up my game again, havent been riding very much at all lately.

Cr1MiNaL
25th May 2008, 00:11
I learned kevmo .. always .. forever :love:

MGST
25th May 2008, 09:06
yeah mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xTFlRgdNbQ

Holy shit dude that is farkin awesome!! You got some real good bike control there. Is that just a standard 50cc bike except for that bar on the back? ( like I could go and buy one and then start practising ).

Kevmo7
25th May 2008, 11:08
Holy shit dude that is farkin awesome!! You got some real good bike control there. Is that just a standard 50cc bike except for that bar on the back? ( like I could go and buy one and then start practising ).

Mine wasent standard at all, But you can stunt standard ones without too much of a problem.

Just put some big bars on them and your away!

Try get a 04 and up CRF50, mine was an 04 and it had heaps of mods like:
Big Bore Kit (72cc)
Intake and Exhaust mods (filter and muffler)
Suspension mods front and back (springs and bushings)
Big Bars and lots more stuff.

But for learning you dont need any of that stuff about from the bigger bars unless your under 5ft tall :hug:

n0regret5
25th May 2008, 14:12
keen - the tillis scares te shit out of me and i'd love to be able to pop the front up.:-D $100 sounds like an excellent price, i think that california stunt school is 4 days for $5000 or something (don't quote me haha)

RC1
4th June 2008, 18:54
[QUOTE=n0regret5;1578365]keen - the tillis scares te shit out of me and i'd love to be able to pop the front up./QUOTE]

dont be scared of her AL , crank it open she will come up easier then you think, remember to cover the back brake :niceone:

cutaway
1st August 2008, 02:21
I'm the new guy on here and first thing I do is resurrect old posts... Sorry!

Anyway... Kevmo, you still got lessons on offer?

Sounds cool

Kevmo7
1st August 2008, 15:05
yeah i do, give me an e-mail at kevmoseven7@hotmail.com if your keen dude

cutaway
1st August 2008, 23:12
message done